• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I can't stop listening to Rihanna's Unapologetic album, and I like/prefer metal/electronic

help me gaf

http://bornthiswayfoundation.org/

they will help you become brave enough to seek better taste
ibhiF14KcRrAu8.gif

royalan

Heh, on the bright side...my predictions are off to a good start this year. JT's single may chart well initially because it's JT and his first single in 5 years and he's already got hype perfectly lined up. But the general PopGAF consensus seems to be that the single is a disappointment.

Royalan: 1

All I need now if for Beyonce's single to be a dud, and I'll be on a roll. *.*

^ Lil Kim looks like michael jackson mixed with the lion off Wizard of Oz tho
She releases albums less than half as frequently as Rihanna

And hey, shocker, they're easily twice as good as Rihanna's.

JohnDonut, I'm glad you're coming around to pop but that is not the place to dip your toes. You're wading right into the dark side.

I won't even lie, it feels like Beyonce is like 10 albums into the game. She still needs to go sit her ass down somewhere tho

Nemesis_

Yep. Personally, I thought his tweets were hella tacky. But he was lashing out at Kotaku, so of course Gaming Side praised him. 7

He didn't lie about Kotaku and has produced the finest action games of the generation. I am willing to forgo his apparent "xenophobia".

But I guess there are better ways to deal with the situation than he did, and Kotaku shouldn't have used such a ridiculously sensationalist headline either.

royalan

He didn't lie about Kotaku and has produced the finest action games of the generation. I am willing to forgo his apparent "xenophobia".

But I guess there are better ways to deal with the situation than he did, and Kotaku shouldn't have used such a ridiculously sensationalist headline either.

Yeah, but at this point that's Gawker Media for you. People should expect it by now from their sites.

That JT track...no. Just no. I'm devastated, really.

Anyway: New Leona leak - "I Miss You Missing Me" (recorded in 2010, unreleased and eventually sold off to some D-tier Chinese artist named Bibi Zhou)

A pretty but overall sub-filler level track - I see why it didn't make the cut. Agreed with the above taste-filled specimens that she must release "Glassheart" now.

Nemesis_

NEWS TIME

iFC2QFkmeA01f.gif

Adam Lambert has left his record label, claims he will evolve
[Source]
Adam Lambert is walking away from his deal with 19 Records. But don’t worry — though his style and attitude are fierce, his relationship with the label is perfectly friendly, and he’s still got another deal.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Lambert’s contract with 19 expired and he simply chose not to renew it. It won’t affect his musical output much, as he will still be signed to RCA, of which 19 is a subsidiary. Lambert left 19 Management in August 2011, but remained on the label until this month.

A source close to the dealings says the split is mutually beneficial. “It’s good for both sides,” an insider said. “Adam can move forward with his plans and 19 isn’t stuck in the middle.”

Lambert’s rep confirms that it was a mutual decision and that Lambert and 19 Records left “amicably and with the utmost respect for each other.” He’s not signed to RCA Records and to Direct Management Group, which also names Lambert’s pal Katy Perry as a client. 19 Records is still home to many ‘American Idol‘ alumni, including current champ Phillip Phillips.

Lambert’s publicist also pointed out that the move is part of his “evolution.”

Britney's dog is dying.
[Source]
Britney Spears is having the crappiest week … ever. After splitting from fiancé Jason Trawick and also breaking up with ‘X Factor,’ the pop diva is dealing with a sick puppy. Her teacup Yorkie Hannah is reportedly deathly ill.

The adorbs pooch, who has her own Twitter account, has had to visit the hospital for the third time in recent weeks.

According to RadarOnline, Brit Brit bought the itty bitty pooch for $1,800 at Barkworks in California. Turns out the pet chain has come under fire for getting its dogs from puppy mills. It also received an “F” from the Better Business Bureau, so its rep as a pet-selling establishment is certainly poor, and the fact that Brit purchased as opposed to rescuing might cause her to get some flack from animal rights activists.

Brit reportedly took her little girl to the vet after obtaining her in late November. The dog was reportedly “listless, eyes half shut, not responding to voices, not eating and having trouble breathing.”

Oh no! The poor thing.

Brit took Hannah to her vet on Jan. 3, which was the third visit in a short period of time.

The canine cutie was treated and tested for liver issues, and was monitored for temperature problems and having fluid in her lungs.

The source says the dog’s condition is unstable, but because Brit is rich and can pay the endless vet bills, the dog has a second lease on life and is being cared for.

Niall has passed his driving test
[Source]
Look out on those sidewalks! Just kidding. One Direction hunk Niall Horan has passed his driver’s test and will be a licensed driver. Woot woot.

His 1D bandmate Louis Tomlinson took to Twitter to issue a big, huge congrats to Horan, saying that he “smashed it” when he took the test.

If you notice in the ‘Kiss You’ video, it’s Tomlinson who is in the driver’s seat, while tattoo virgin Horan rides sidecar and does all sorts of silly dances. It was probably purely coincidental, but art was imitating life there, since Horan wasn’t licensed to drive. Now Horan is the proud owner of a driver’s license and can cruise around as he wishes, in real life or in a video!

What’s next, besides some joyrides and designated driver status? Well, Horan is going to have to get himself a snazzy set of wheels. We are curious as to what type of vehicle he will plunk down some coin on. What good is a driver’s license without a car, right?

Nicki Minaj's wig stylist has been let go
[Source]
As famous for her insane style and rainbow weaves as she is for her hooks and rhymes, Nicki Minaj is turning over a new wig — er, leaf. The ‘Freedom’ MC has kicked her wig stylist to the curb, which may be why she’s been sporting sleeker, more subdued styles as of late.

Celebuzz reports that her longtime wig man, Terrence Davidson, has bowed out of working with the sometimes temperamental starlet. “Terrence Davidson most recently served as the celebrity hairstylist, wig creator and creative director for Nicki Minaj,” a press release stated. “After creative differences, he has decided to pursue other opportunities.”

Davidson released his own statement, writing, “It has been an amazing experience offering me a chance to express my creativity and exhibit my love for the art form of wig design. I have decided to part ways from Nicki Minaj because I would like to explore other opportunities within my own brand and re-energize my creativity through work in fashion editorial, beauty consultations, media personality, ‘how-to’ lectures and hair show development. I am very proud of the body of work built with Nicki Minaj and I appreciate the support over the years from fans who’ve expressed love for my craft. Look forward to seeing me larger than life in 2013.”

However, a source says that there was more behind Davidson’s resignation that just a desire to give lectures on wig making, claiming that Minaj unleashed a torrent of “derogatory statements” against the stylist. No details were given as to what those statements are, but they had to have been pretty bad for him walk away from one of the biggest stars on the planet … if it’s true.

Bladenic

Nemesis actually reminds me of Kamiya. Say one thing he doesn't like and he'll get angry and call you stupid or tell you to fuck off or use some "witty" way to dismiss you. No wonder he's willing to ignore Kamiya being a shithead.

DGFzv.gif

Fey

Banned
It actually isn't that bad to me anymore. Just the intro and Jay Z suck. The rest is good. It's just an album filler track.

That's my problem with it. It sounds like filler off FS/LS, which isn't necessarily that bad. Doesn't sound like a song you would release after 7 years.

royalan

This is yet another reason why I hate Frank Ocean.

Ever since he hit the scene and reintroduced the world to "R&B" it seems like every blowhard with a blog has to pretend like they haven't just been checking for R&B since 2011 and spout bullshit about how any basic who sings over a track with a mellow groove is "reinventing" the genre.

There is nothing inventive about Suit and Tie. It is not "pushing" R&B.

R. Kelly did this.

Robin Thicke has been doing this sound for years. This song could be a B-side from any one of his albums it's that similar.

There is nothing fresh about this track other than the fact that a former boybander is singing it and so people who normally wouldn't give this music the time of day is now listening and thinking it's special because they never saw the worth in R&B prior to it. And, heck, thanks to the unnecessary intro, the even more unnecessary verse by Jay-Z's senile ass, and the go-nowhere production the song is not only unoriginal, it's not even good.

Now I see why Solange went off on Twitter.

EDIT: chocomaro - Anthony Hamilton! Another great R&B artists who has stomped on this sound.

Artemisia

Banned
the justin stans are trying it on ATRL

this song isn't fresh.

no, we weren't expecting a club banger we just wanted a hot track like sexy back or rock your body

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

I hope this flops.

Nemesis_

Nemesis actually reminds me of Kamiya. Say one thing he doesn't like and he'll get angry and call you stupid or tell you to fuck off or use some "witty" way to dismiss you. No wonder he's willing to ignore Kamiya being a shithead.

of course, but Kamiya's work is still flawless as fuck though and many of the pressed will have to deal.

I do see the parallels.

iWVED8k2iCe8v.gif

Although talking about people using "witty" ways to dismiss people because they don't like something that I do is describing pretty much the whole of POPGAF, lbr

the justin stans are trying it on ATRL

this song isn't fresh.

no, we weren't expecting a club banger we just wanted a hot track like sexy back or rock your body

ik3talg2of7rcamfy4.gif

I hope this flops.

I agree, I only just got home and gave it three or so listens. It's not trash per se but it ain't anything special either. I was semi hyped too. ;________;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom