• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mumei

I don't really get most of these Pokemon comparisons, though. I mean some of them make sense in terms of sharing something of a person's look (e.g. Sia and Gardevoir, though I think the hair is more Robyn - fuck what's happening to me), but a lot of these just don't make any sense. How is Lana like Mew... exactly?

moulels

Yesss, stan for Pokegodsus PopGAF *o*

tumblr_m9n700aQhw1rfq6tko1_500.gif

I don't really get most of these Pokemon comparisons, though. I mean some of them make sense in terms of sharing something of a person's look (e.g. Sia and Gardevoir, though I think the hair is more Robyn - fuck what's happening to me), but a lot of these just don't make any sense. How is Lana like Mew... exactly?

Ethereal is a word I would use to describe both. That comparison makes sense me thinks.

Though I agree some of them are a mess.

Trigger

Exposing your inner Poke-stan.

it's mostly people linking the strongest pokemon to their faves, i guess.

azealia banks as this because the pokemon is named unown

Galang

Banned
^ I only remember Britney, didn't realize Christina was in it too. Interesting.. I listened that soundtrack a ton too

that's what they said in 1998

jKGBz.jpg

Lol. If gaga's career follows pokemon that means her next album will be her worst selling one, but the best :p. She may gain a new fan

Wilsongt

Medicham has the hips thing going on, so thus Shakira.

Taylor Swifts music is sleep inducing.

Galang

Banned
I really hate the ice cream pokemon, I got insulted in a thread by a few people for saying I didn't like it. I really hate this pokemon -_-.. and the gear one too

What a foreshadowing of events.

LMAOOO. I just listened to it... I only don't remember it because I hate slow music so it always got skipped. Slow stuff rarely does anything for me

Soda Pop with Britney was one of my faves.

lol, who knew POP-GAF and Poke-GAF had so much crossover?
TBH Pokemon fans encompass virtually all gamers outside of the pressed.

Not sure I know a single person who I game with (whether it be Mario or Gears of War) that isn't a Pokemon fan on some level. Possibly the most universal game franchise in existence.

Trigger

I'm so lost. I have no idea what pokemon are. :(

That's probably a good thing.

TBH Pokemon fans encompass virtually all gamers outside of the pressed.

Not sure I know a single person who I game with (whether it be Mario or Gears of War) that isn't a Pokemon fan on some level. Possibly the most universal game franchise in existence.

I won't lie. I played Pokemon up until Gen 4. I just felt burnt out after a certain period. The game feels like a bunch of rehashed concepts right now. I'll probably jump back on the bandPoke-wagon when they finally make the leap to 3D.

I won't lie. I played Pokemon up until Gen 4. I just felt burnt out after a certain period. The game feels like a bunch of rehashed concepts right now. I'll probably jump back on the bandPoke-wagon when they finally make the leap to 3D.

I am in the same boat...I lasted till B&W (which I am not sure I finished).

B&W2 is the first set I didn't buy.

I aim to jump back on the bandwagon soon though....and I still play the older games.

Galang

Banned
I am in the same boat...I lasted till B&W (which I am not sure I finished).

B&W2 is the first set I didn't buy.

I aim to jump back on the bandwagon soon though....and I still play the older games.

Me too. I've bought every mainline Pokemon game day 1 since Red/Blue except B/W2... took ten years but I think I'm finally sick of it. I hope it gets changed up a lot for the 3DS version. The B/W changes weren't enough to save me the first time.. despite I think it's the most polished.

Galang

Banned
This is the only song that I still remember from the soundtrack because of how they put it in the short: Vacation - Vitamin C

My childhood...
ib0HjRGq9FFhtu.gif
Omg this album is wayyyyyy tooo good for an album like this, I remember replaying this part in the movie to listen to the song before I could afford the cd.

Azealia is a mermaid.

This is true. I wish she'd open up more about her nerd habits that you can tell from twitter. And she referenced pokemon in two of her earlier tracks.. the odds of her a pokemon geek at some point is like 110%:

P-U-S-S-Y
Bitch is Ill

Not sure why she only references pokemon in her dirtiest tracks..

royalan

I simply canNOT at the dispicable direction this thread has gone in. Utterly deplorable.

I desperately beseech you all to search deep within your tainted souls, beyond the poke-muck that has so fervently taken hold of your Broken Spearits, and reclaim the sense of decency that has been so carelessly lost to you all.

I weep tears of attrition for OT4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom