• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
hey botty do you play WoW, cuz there is a toon named botty that posts on the WoW forums with the same name o.o

Nah, I've never played WoW before. I'm mostly a console/handheld gamer.

Scream And Shout: 103 M
I Wanna Go - 101.653 M
Till The World Ends - 98.990 M

S&S is now officially the biggest radio hit of Godneys career.

This is so weird. Is it because of the new rules that her new music becomes bigger hits than her old stuff? I always thought that songs like HMBOMT, Toxic, and Gimme More were her biggest hits.

This is so weird. Is it because of the new rules that her new music becomes bigger hits than her old stuff? I always thought that songs like HMBOMT, Toxic, and Gimme More were her biggest hits.

"Biggest radio hit" isn't the best way to put it.

With changes to the way AI is counted over the years (top songs are doing double what they were in 2000.....) as well as the massive growth of the "pop" format, songs right now have massively inflated AI scores. So while it does have the highest AI of any of her songs it is not even close to being her biggest radio hit.

Another example of this is Kelly's Catch My Breath. If we look at JUST AI it is going to end up as her second biggest hit ever behind only Stronger. Yet no one legit thinks it is bigger than Breakaway, Since U Been Gone, Because of You, Behind these Hazel Eyes, or My Life Would Suck Without You.

botty

Banned
"Biggest radio hit" isn't the best way to put it.

With changes to the way AI is counted over the years (top songs are doing double what they were in 2000.....) as well as the massive growth of the "pop" format, songs right now have massively inflated AI scores. So while it does have the highest AI of any of her songs it is not even close to being her biggest radio hit.

Another example of this is Kelly's Catch My Breath. If we look at JUST AI it is going to end up as her second biggest hit ever behind only Stronger. Yet no one legit thinks it is bigger than Breakaway, Since U Been Gone, Because of You, Behind these Hazel Eyes, or My Life Would Suck Without You.

These new rules are so confusing to me. I remember reading that "Your Body" would have been higher on the charts if it weren't for the new rules, yet it seems like songs are able to chart higher because of the new rules.

Mau ®

Stefan™;47172455 said:
Taylor has sold more than 10 million records since the release of Red. :eek: She will most likely retake her throne from Rihanna as the best selling digital artist when Soundscan releases it in the-not-so-distant future.

Doubtful. Diamonds + WHYB (combined) have sold somewhat close to that figure alone.

Rihanna' digital reign will remain secure from The Lord. If Gaga does slay REALLY hard with ARTPOP things might change tho.

Styles

Doubtful. Diamonds + WHYB (combined) have sold somewhat close to that figure alone.

Rihanna' digital reign will remain secure from The Lord. If Gaga does slay REALLY hard with ARTPOP things might change tho.

That figure is for the US alone. She has sold close to/more than 15 million world wide. *.*

Kyon

Banned
These new rules are so confusing to me. I remember reading that "Your Body" would have been higher on the charts if it weren't for the new rules, yet it seems like songs are able to chart higher because of the new rules.

Because now radio >>>>>>>> digital sales with the new rules. So all the radio payola works in their favor now. BB is disgusting tbh digital sales should always be a bigger factor than radio because at least you know what the public likes not just how much a label pays to get their artists played on the radio

Well the changes to AI don't really effect the charts themselves. Only when you compare current songs AI number to past songs.

The change that effected charting was the shift in how they calculated the Hot 100. In the last year they changed it to be 40% airplay, 40% sales, 20% streaming.

The change to streaming really punishes artists who don't release their songs on the streaming services like Taylor (who lost THREE week at #1). Also it penalizes artists like Kelly and Xtina who don't really appeal to the younger people who make up the bulk of the streaming audience.

Mau ®

Stefan™;47173315 said:
I meant in the US. She has sold close to/more than 15 million world wide. *.*

I C *.*

I wont mind if The Lord overtakes The Bajan Queen. As long as Caca stays behind its all good for me.

Because now radio >>>>>>>> digital sales with the new rules. So all the radio payola works in their favor now. BB is disgusting tbh digital sales should always be a bigger factor than radio because at least you know what the public likes not just how much a label pays to get their artists played on the radio

Naw that was a rumor that persisted when we didn't know the formula. Billboard released the actual formula a couple months back and they are weighted equally.

botty

Banned

Well the changes to AI don't really effect the charts themselves. Only when you compare current songs AI number to past songs.

The change that effected charting was the shift in how they calculated the Hot 100. In the last year they changed it to be 40% airplay, 40% sales, 20% streaming.

The change to streaming really punishes artists who don't release their songs on the streaming services like Taylor (who lost THREE week at #1). Also it penalizes artists like Kelly and Xtina who don't really appeal to the younger people who make up the bulk of the streaming audience.

A mess.

imso7Eb8p5j93.gif

cory64

Naw that was a rumor that persisted when we didn't know the formula. Billboard released the actual formula a couple months back and they are weighted equally.

Radio regularly inflates tracks in the bottom half of the top 10. It's only equal at the top. And it kind of shouldn't be, streaming is a more conscious choice than radio. It's closer to 15% streaming than 20.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Stefan™;47172455 said:
Taylor has sold more than 10 million records since the release of Red. :eek: She will most likely retake her throne from Rihanna as the best selling digital artist when Soundscan releases it in the-not-so-distant future.

Rihanus better watch out for her anus(?). *.*

Hopefully Rih lets her reign up for Taylor and allows her to take the title, but lbr, we know Album 8 is coming this fall. Taylor may always be opressed.

And shouldn't Taylor be watching for her anus? I'm sure she's had much more men in the backdoor than Rih has.

Radio regularly inflates tracks in the bottom half of the top 10. It's only equal at the top. And it kind of shouldn't be, streaming is a more conscious choice than radio.
Yeah. That is true, but that has always been the case. The #10 song on radio usually is about 50% of the #1. Whereas on iTunes the #10 is usually 25%-35% of the #1.

Streaming functions much more like sales though so in a practical sense sales account for 60% of the formula. It would be an ideal system if all artists put their music on the streaming sites.

I think the formula overall is sound. In reality chart positions outside of the top 5 dont matter all that much anyways.

SaintZ

Lady Gaga rants under oath in pay battle with former personal assistant

She really is “The Fame Monster.”

Lady Gaga unloaded on a former personal assistant who’s suing her for overtime pay — blasting the woman in a sworn deposition as a “f--king hood rat who is suing me for money that she didn’t earn.”

“She’s just — she thinks she’s just like the queen of the universe,” Gaga ranted, court records obtained by The Post show.

“And, you know what, she didn’t want to be a slave to one, because in my work and what I do, I’m the queen of the universe every day.”

The “Born This Way” singer couldn’t maintain her poker face, either, shooting a nasty aside at ex-aide Jennifer O’Neill near the start of Gaga’s marathon, six-hour testimony in a Midtown Manhattan law office.

“Are you going to stare at me like a witch this whole time — honestly?” Gaga asked.

“Because this is going to be a long f--k ng day that you brought me here.”

During her videotaped Aug. 6 deposition, Gaga said none of her employees get paid overtime, adding that O’Neill “knew exactly what she was getting into, and she knew there was no overtime, and I never paid her overtime the first time I hired her, so why would she be paid overtime the second time?”

“This whole case is bulls--t, and you know it,” she added.

But under questioning, she conceded her decision not to pay overtime wasn’t based on labor laws, but is “actually based on a bubbly, good heart.”

“I’m quite wonderful to everybody that works for me, and I am completely aghast to what a disgusting human being that you have become to sue me like this,” she said.

Gaga said O’Neill’s job, which paid $75,000 a year, “was essentially a favor, and Jennifer was majorly unqualified for it.”

“I expect there to be a certain level of, like, you know, knowledge and academia about, like, your job,” she said.

Gaga — who now has two personal assistants — said a good assistant “is somebody that can anticipate what you need before you need it, so they buy it for you, or they — they set it up for you.”

Gaga also portrayed O’Neill as an ingrate who took for granted the parties, “five-star hotels” and other luxuries — including “caviar, champagne and yachts” — that she got to enjoy as part of Gaga’ s entourage.

“It is, like, such an amazing luxury that I get to travel the world and have planes, she doesn’t even see what a luxury it is, but she thinks it’s owed to her for no reason,” the singer said.

At one point, Gaga bragged about how the night before, her employees enjoyed a “beautiful $3,000 meal that I paid for” at Spiaggia in Chicago, billed as the only four-star Italian eatery in the Windy City.

Gaga said she picked up the tab “just because,” noting, “They were on their day off, and they all just wanted to be with me.”

She also insisted that all her employees work only an eight-hour day — while also noting, “This job is a 9-to-5 job that is spaced out throughout the day.”

“You don’t get a schedule that is like you punch in and you can play f--king Tetris at your desk for four hours and then you punch out at the end of the day. This is — when I need you, you’re available.”

Gaga said she appreciates that “an eight-hour workday could still be a very difficult workday, you know, if you’re digging ditches or, you know, you’re, you know, putting sealing on a roof, you know.”

“I’m not in any way discounting how hard an eight-hour work day can be, or discounting the role of an assistant.”

But she also noted, “I do six shows a week, and I make a lot of money. I work, I work 24 hours a day. I’m not standing next to Steve holding tea, waiting for him to take a sip, that is not what I do,” Gaga said.

“Not that people who do that don’t deserve their hourly pay, but I’m just pointing out that I deserve everything I’ve worked for. I deserve every dollar of it. And she deserves every dollar of her $75,000 that we agreed to. But she does not deserve a penny more.”

Rather than paying off O’Neill, Gaga said, “I’m going to give all the money that she wants to my employees that work hard for me now that deserve it.

“I’m not going to give it to her so she can go to Intermix and buy herself a new tube top,” the snippy superstar groused.

While the court papers don’t detail the start of their relationship, Gaga said it ended when, during a flight to Paris, O’Neill slept in one of two beds on Gaga’s jet.

“Most of my assistants in the past always offered it to my mother or my family,” the singer said. “Jennifer was the first person that never offered it to anybody and always took it for herself.”

Even worse, Gaga said, O’Neill refused to share any pillows with two other women.

“And she said, ‘No, I need my three pillows so I can sleep,’ ” Gaga said.

“I heard it. I immediately was so sick by it and upset that I turned over and went back to sleep.”

In Paris, Gaga, who was there to walk the runway at Thierry Mugler’s fall 2011 fashion show, said O’Neill “wore my coat when we were at the show, she wore my clothes.”

Afterward, “we partied until 5 in the morning, we got s--t hammered, I was crawling on the streets in Paris, I was screaming.

“Jennifer was there. She hung out all night with me and Terry Richardson, and tons of socialites from Paris, and she had the time of her life,” Gaga said.

The next morning, Gaga said, she “barely could talk” but had to fly back to America that night — “I mean, what a rock-star moment, right?”

But on the flight back, Gaga said, O’Neill insisted on sleeping in the second bed and “completely, like, flipped out at me, beyond belief” when “I told her no.”

“I said, ‘Jennifer, this is really inappropriate in front of Terry Richardson,’ and she was like, ‘Don’t I get some sort of seniority because I’ve been here longer and I’m your friend?’ ” Gaga said.

“And I remember those words as clear as day, because when your best friend looks you in the eye and says ‘Why can’t I have that seat on your private plane, I’m your friend,’ the first thing I thought was ‘You’re not my f--king friend.’ ”

“You are not my f--king friend.”
Full article at the sauce.

A damn mess.

ibqNLm0JclwyaH.gif

cory64

O'Neill is suing for the $380k -- which represents 7,168 hours of overtime during the 13 months.

That's 300 24-hour days (not even realistic) of overtime that she knew going into it that she wasn't going to get. Gaga should be clocking her whiny ass.

royalan

LAWD Hew forgot to pay the bill on the mobile site??? I'm not going to be able to browse PopGAF with all these damn gifs on my phone while at work. ;__;

I'm going to have to actually be productive at work and earn my pay. No, this won't do. This won't do at all...

Koodo

Banned
LAWD Hew forgot to pay the bill on the mobile site??? I'm not going to be able to browse PopGAF with all these damn gifs on my phone while at work. ;__;

I'm going to have to actually be productive at work and earn my pay. No, this won't do. This won't do at all...
Gworl, disable gifs under Preferences, that's what most of us mobile-Gaffers do. The site runs divine~ after changing that.

Happy Birthday Marius! Super jealous that you got to see Queen GaGa live. I hope you had a good time. :)

In other news, I heard "You Da One" on the radio today. SMH. Luckily, the radio baptized itself by playing "Catch My Breath" twice. Bless them.

SaintZ

Happy Birthday Marius_! Bless you for all those GIFs.

iZkAQt8GSHgYD.gif

In other news, I heard "You Da One" on the radio today. SMH. Luckily, the radio baptized itself by playing "Catch My Breath" twice. Bless them.
They played it twice? How long were you listening to the radio?! I like You Da Flop btw lol.

moulels

Scream And Shout: 103 M
I Wanna Go - 101.653 M
Till The World Ends - 98.990 M

S&S is now officially the biggest radio hit of Godneys career.

I finally fell to that song. As a matter of fact, I love it.

mother_3___negative_man_in_3d_by_8bitsandwich-d5b1csz.gif

----

Happy Birthday Marius sis! *.*

botty

Banned
Nicki Minaj is helping to fight the Aids epidemic.

Nicki's new lavender Viva Glam lipstick will also come in a lipglass and will be available from MAC stores and MACCosmetics.com from February 9, priced at $15.

The product is expected to raise an estimated $37million, with all profits going directly to the MAC Aids Fund.

The Fund divides the profits between worldwide charities and organisations that help in the prevention and education of HIV, and also the poverty that often comes from living with Aids.

Hate her or love her, you have to respect her cause.

67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif
67d90ee8.gif

Kellegend update from an interview/speculation:

She mentioned that she was rehearsing a new single. It was on a country station so it is unclear whether or not it is PLU. The way she said it seemed to imply that it was a country single.

If it IS PLU most think it is for the grammy's..... (which would be odd considering CMB is doing so well on the radio right now). Personally I am doubtful she will perform even though she is confirmed to be attending.

She has a CD coming out later this year. Almost surely an Xmas CD, though there has been talk about an EP.

Touring next year around August with another artist. Ton's of rumors about this but it seems the one Kelly stans view as most legit is a M5 pairing for various reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom