• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphinx

the piano man
I give this post
dFKOMLW.png
dFKOMLW.png
dFKOMLW.png
out of
dFKOMLW.png
dFKOMLW.png
dFKOMLW.png
dFKOMLW.png
dFKOMLW.png

tumblr_mdp41kKGpb1rzy3rho1_500.gif

Majmun

They'll probably throw in a rapper to make the video longer. Jay Z would be great. Him being referred in the song and all.

But a short video would be great too.

Majmun

I'd love Jump to get a video too. The song is really good. But they'd have to remove the terrible dubstep. What were they thinking

Trigger

Poor Jen. I'd be in therapy too if I wasn't getting more of Brad's peen.

Oh, and I suppose that story about Nicki is unfortunate too.
bhuHH.gif

Bladenic

Non-music public announcement:

Anyone not watching House of Cards is missing out.

That is all. Resume relevant and on topic talk.

cory64

Bye, I finished it.

-----
Very excited for Stay and PIU videos. Feels like there's been a dearth of music videos from her in the past year.

Mau ®

Bye, I finished it.

-----
Very excited for Stay and PIU videos. Feels like there's been a dearth of music videos from her in the past year.

It may seem that way but we did get 4 videos last year: Where Have You Been, Take Care, Princess of China and Diamonds.

All were amazing. As per with Rih *.*

cory64

It may seem that way but we did get 4 videos last year: Where Have You Been, Take Care, Princess of China and Diamonds.

All were amazing. As per with Rih *.*
True, and they were, but I would have expected more considering she wasn't touring or filming a movie. 15 videos between 2010 and 2011.

DMeisterJ

Banned
The lower amount of videos is due to them actually handling the era correctly. Instead of there being a ton of singles, we're at 2 WW singles and 1 urban single. Pretty great for a Rih era where normally we'd be on single 4.

botty

Banned
So, Xtina has pretty much retired from the music industry. She is too busy working on fragrances to promote her album, and it appears like she isn't doing any more videos either.

At least she is losing weight, and is being styled better as seen here.

Whatever.

iy6WwRMUNgIHn.gif

Trigger

The Unapologetic era is going swimmingly.

So, Xtina has pretty much retired from the music industry. She is too busy working on fragrances to promote her album, and it appears like she isn't doing any more videos either.

Whatever.

ibmlDEhB7V086b.gif

The final nail in her coffin?

botty

Banned
The Unapologetic era is going swimmingly.

ibmlDEhB7V086b.gif

The final nail in her coffin?

I might jump on the Rihanna band wagon; there is receipt stanning, constant drama, numerous twitter/instagram updates, and she does promote her stuff. I don't have to actually listen to her music... I can just stan her celebrity. I'll think about it.

Mau ®

No thanks Botty.

Your stanning is the kiss of death for a pop gurl's music career.

See: Xtina, Nicki and Mariah.

Did I lie?

i1OLvcgszq9R.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

Whatever.

iy6WwRMUNgIHn.gif

That's a really nice way of saying her album flopped and her label is done pushing it.

Trigger

I might jump on the Rihanna band wagon; there is receipt stanning, constant drama, numerous twitter/instagram updates, and she does promote her stuff. I don't have to actually listen to her music... I can just stan her celebrity. I'll think about it.

Bless. Do consider it. You don't have to forsake Xtina since they're no longer competing.

FqZoO.gif

botty

Banned
No thanks Botty.

Your stanning is the kiss of death for a pop gurl's music career.

See: Xtina, Nicki and Mariah.

Did I lie?

i1OLvcgszq9R.gif

iseiXVroQm8rI.gif

lol!!!

That's a really nice way of saying her album flopped and her label is done pushing it.

Flopping aside, her promotion for the album was really weird. She didn't promote the first single at all, outside of a video (if that even counts). Then she does late promotion for the second single with only two performances. One of which was done on The Voice, in the midst of multiple other performances for non-singles.

The whole thing was really odd.

Don't do EEET!

Its not worth it.

.....or at least wait and stan Perry. Its pretty much the same thing anyways, and Queen Perra needs more stans. (I have considered jumping on board for this next era.)

royalan

Botty, that Red Sin ad has to be old. Red Sin isn't her new fragrance; it came out years ago.

iseiXVroQm8rI.gif

lol!!!

Flopping aside, her promotion for the album was really weird. She didn't promote the first single at all, outside of a video (if that even counts). Then she does late promotion for the second single with only two performances. One of which was done on The Voice, in the midst of multiple other performances for non-singles.

The whole thing was really odd.

In my eyes there was no Lotus promotion. What little we got was so mismanaged and ill-timed that she might as well have not even bothered.

Only one radio interview all era.

No performance of the lead single.

Spending what few television appearances she did give this era gushing about The Voice, her "Big Bro Blake" and how the contestants motivated her to embrace her "pop stariness"...

No performances period until album release week, and even then NONE of the performances were of singles.

No payola or video for Just a Fool.

No visibility whatsoever.

If she's trying to send the message that Lotus was never an album she wanted to make, she's sending it loud and clear. I just wish she wouldn't keep putting out albums that she has no intention of properly promoting; It's DESTROYING her brand. At this point, Xtina's brand in music is weaker than it would be if Back To Basics, from over 7 years ago, were still her most recent album.

Whatever. The era is over and I'm over iT. For the time being, I'm stanning Vitamin C.

GRADUATION SONG NOW AVAILABLE ON ITUNES!

L6RDNrQ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom