• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
Not Royalan being the first to find the link and give full commentary for the entire interview. I see why Bey loves her haters - they give her good promo ;)

Brilliant as usual even though the questions were a bit samey and nothing about music was mentioned. 3 days till the greatest music moment of the century.

We'll see. There is a good chance it will be good, though.

itfzD7BlAOEAJ.gif

At the very least I am thankful for Bey giving us something to talk about. If it wasn't for the sing along at the inauguration + Super bowl this thread would be dead.

Its depressing to check the thread after 12 hours away and find that there have only been half a dozen posts.

I need ma Marius back as well.......

botty

Banned
At the very least I am thankful for Bey giving us something to talk about. If it wasn't for the sing along at the inauguration + Super bowl this thread would be dead. Its depressing to check the thread after 12 hours away and find that there have only bee half a dozen posts.

I need ma Marius back too.......

Yeah, there simply isn't enough to talk about at the moment. I think it's also important to acknowledge that certain folks do at least attempt to spark discussion; whether it be by suggesting some new songs, posting radio updates, or posting pop news.

I do miss Marius, too. He brings a really fun spirit to the thread, imo.

i3FPoQyP49JUd.gif

Yeah, there simply isn't enough to talk about at the moment. I think it's also important to acknowledge that certain folks do at least attempt to spark discussion; whether it be by suggesting some new songs, posting radio updates, or posting pop news.

I do miss Marius, too. He brings a really fun spirit to the thread, imo.

i3FPoQyP49JUd.gif

He will be back soon enough. ATRL is a nightmare. Its down more than its up lately.

Though I <3 animated avatars.

ipFfpLnJNbRH6.gif

I saw him shading JT on atrl. If that place was lag free it would be so perfect.

ibwXCgzuuY25jO.gif

Yeah I do like ATRL simply because of its sales age focus. Which is what I love.

The organization of the site itself is a mess (half the subforums are redundant), but beyond that its pretty flawless. I will probably stick around if they get their lag issues fixed.

Makes me wonder if its all the megathreads that they have which causes the lag.....

I know most other forums I use don't allow them and have some system to limit their size. The Gaga thread is coming up on 200k posts.

Also: From the front page of google news.

Ms1OH6Y.png

The mainstream media never fails.....

Oh. I suppose she needed the support.

But it was cold (as it was for everyone else) she hadn't rehearsed (everyone else had) and she had no sound check (because she didn't show up).

I don't consider singing over a recorded track to be lip syncing personally, but I have a hard time feeling sympathy for her either since the whole situation seems to be of her own doing.

All that said. I am over it and ready for the super bowl.

I'll only care about the Superbowl when GaGa performs at one. Until then... pass.

You know what..... I bet she does it next year.

Which other major artists (the ones with performance skills anyways) have yet to do one?

I suppose Rih or Perra could try. I wouldn't watch though.

royalan

I hope she doesn't.

Really, the Super Bowl stage should be reserved for legends. I hate when they give the honor to flash-in-the-pan acts or whoever has an album to promote that year.

The Super Bowl is the biggest stage the US has to give. A stadium filled with tens of thousands. Over 100 million people tuning in...that honor shouldn't go to just anybody.

Beyonce has been in the game for a while now, so I suppose I can see the thinking behind her. Gaga? No way.

I don't think Gaga counts as "flash in the pan" anymore.

Even if she quit music today she would be remembered. Maybe not quite a legend yet..... but closer than any other possible candidate.

Maybe P!nk? I don't think she has done one yet.

botty

Banned
I hope she doesn't.

Really, the Super Bowl stage should be reserved for legends. I hate when they give the honor to flash-in-the-pan acts or whoever has an album to promote that year.

The Super Bowl is the biggest stage the US has to give. A stadium filled with tens of thousands. Over 100 million people tuning in...that honor shouldn't go to just anybody.

Beyonce has been in the game for a while now, so I suppose I can see the thinking behind her. Gaga? No way.

And with Beyonce being more of an American act, I suppose you have a point.

Fey

Banned
Yeah, Superbowl should really only be for legends. I don't consider it a stage for current pop acts and an opportunity to promote new material.

Gaga still has a while. She's proved she not necessarily a "flash in the pan" but she hasn't proved she's a legend, which is kinda hard considering she only has 3 albums and has been relevant for like 4 years. Superbowl should be for acts that have been around for a while.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't think Gaga counts as "flash in the pan" anymore.

Even if she quit music today she would be remembered. Maybe not quite a legend yet..... but closer than any other possible candidate.

Maybe P!nk? I don't think she has done one yet.

P!nk has been enough time on the game so it sounds plausible thing. Katy Perry and Rihanna have the same chances as Gaga.

DMeisterJ

Banned
February is shaping up to be a great month.

Bey will slay the Super Bowl on the 3rd
Rih will 'Slay' the Grammys on the 10th
Sony will announce the PS4 on the 20th.

P!nk has been enough time on the game so it sounds plausible thing. Katy Perry and Rihanna have the same chances as Gaga.

Yeah I am thinking P!nk or a Country act (not sure who since Shania already did one).

I wouldn't put Rih or Katy on the same tier as Gaga though. Neither of them can put on a live show quite like she can.

I hope she doesn't.

Black Eyed Peas.

Also Beyonce OWNED that fucking conference. I exploded in a burst of glitter and weave.

"Any questions?"

#DIVA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom