• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.
She needs to do some fringe maintenance though. Her cut is looking messy now, and those coarse, split ends are making her bangs look like straw - I suspect the flat iron abuse is destroying her hair health.

Learn from the best and keep dem tresses poppin fresh, or else just go back to your natural curly self

46603581.png

B-Dex

Wow...Eva Mendes sure is looking rough these days. :(

All tea all shade...that is an AWFUL cover.

It looks like she was rolled out of bed mid-sleep, tossed half a dress on over her sports bra, and quickly a poofy bun was applied to her head.

TOP 20
1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 191.106 (+ 1.056)
2. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 185.485 (- 1.898)
3. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 146.035 (- 0.140)
4. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 142.460 (+ 1.740)
5. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 138.500 (+ 2.756)
6. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 125.296 (+ 2.529) ▲
7. PINK – Try: 124.253 (- 0.360)
8. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 123.267 (- 2.646) ▼
9. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 98.606 (+ 1.726)
10. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 91.940 (+ 0.893) ▲
11. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 91.768 (- 1.627) ▼
12. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 91.584 (- 0.285) ▼
13. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 88.349 (+ 0.775)
14. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 86.354 (+ 0.264)
15. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 83.876 (- 1.093) ▲
16. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 83.611 (- 1.921) ▼
17. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 74.001 (- 0.102) ▲
18. FLO RIDA – I Cry: 72.933 (- 2.421) ▼
19. ED SHEERAN – The A Team: 71.014 (- 1.399)
20. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 69.547 (+ 0.537) ▲

OUTRAS
FUN. – Some Nights: 68.462 (- 0.841)
THE BAND PERRY – Better Dig Two: 64.832 (+ 0.428)
KE$HA – C’mon: 63.849 (+ 0.578)
RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 60.953 (+ 0.744)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 60.141 (+ 0.597)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 56.652 (+ 0.569)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 47.249 (+ 0.123)
BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 45.875 (+ 2.504)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 42.151 (+ 0.460)
MUSE – Madness: 30.742 (+ 0.117)
FUN. – Carry On: 28.910 (+ 0.227)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 27.279 (+ 0.417)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 26.086 (+ 1.419)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment: 26.022 (+ 1.379)

Curiosidades:
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 16.306 (+ 0.855)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 13.728 (+ 0.692)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 12.970 (+ 2.397)
IMAGINE DRAGONS – Radioactive: 11.851
BON JOVI – Because We Can: 10.466 (+ 0.102)
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 7.929
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 5.532 (+ 1.249)
DIDO – No Freedom: 0.051

Beyonce's Super Bowl performance reinforced the fact that she's one of the top 3 pop performers of all time - When someone is so electric that she makes her singular presence on a stage seem more majestic than the game itself, that's a rare quality that only someone like Michael Jackson was able to come close to emulating. I'm of the opinion that Beyonce actually IS the greatest pop entertainer of all time, and that's only because her combined talents of singing, dancing, and molding iconic imagery puts her a few notches about MJ. Pretty much no one has ever been on her caliber of performance, and I'm SO happy that such a high-profile performance like the Super Bowl reminded the mainstream of her talents. She's on her way to legendary status and I'm sure she'll be looked back on in the same vein as Michael Jackson, Madonna, The Beatles, and Elvis.
They won't hear you though. It's as if the simple act of out performing everyone is not enough. It seems as though if there are layers upon layers of artifice pile atop a performance, then it's not worthy of note. Popgaf seems to forget that the success of 21 was built on a foundation of Adele standing in one spot slaying everyone, or the image of her sitting in a chair serving fierce vocals. Just because your (in the general sense) fave has to swing from the rafters, wearing a ridiculous outfit, and bleeding profusely, to get attention and sell a fair to middling amount of records, doesn't mean everyone should.

On the subject of pageantry in live shows, I think that those who rely heavily on it, have to in order to make up for the area in which they are deficient. That's not a bad thing, it's just not my thing. I appreciate an artist more who will perform with all the focus on them, and not those who try to distract me with "flair."

Bey must be getting ready to slay this era, because everyone is being unusually nasty to her. I, for one, cannot wait.

iGauOY76OUeRI.gif

If the music from this commercial is any indication the direction Bey is going, I'm here for it, and I'm perched.

i3UhUhDrzxVUH.gif

royalan

They won't hear you though. It's as if the simple act of out performing everyone is not enough. It seems as though if there are layers upon layers of artifice pile atop a performance, then it's not worthy of note. Popgaf seems to forget that the success of 21 was built on a foundation of Adele standing in one spot slaying everyone, or the image of her sitting in a chair serving fierce vocals. Just because your (in the general sense) fave has to swing from the rafters, wearing a ridiculous outfit, and bleeding profusely, to get attention and sell a fair to middling amount of records, doesn't mean everyone should.

What are you talking about? I know I'm one of the people you're coming for, but I don't see the problem when, in the post where I slammed Bey's halftime, I also praised Prince (your ultimate fave), and he didn't need anything but his guitar, his band, and his own sexy self to give one of the best performances of all time.

But that's not the kind of performance Beyonce gave. She wasn't jamming out on a guitar with her band, and she wasn't sitting at a mic focusing on giving us pure vocal slayage. She had extensive choreography and 54748384746 dancers. She was giving a POP performance, so I'm going to grade her on that metric. And, for me, she was just middle of the road. She had great energy, but she was twerking too hard to really WOW vocally (except for the beginning, she was great there). At the same time, all she was really doing WAS twerking, and that got boring after the first 3 minutes. Also, as one of my coworkers pointed out, she started at a 10 and ended at an 7. She didn't really build up to anything, instead the energy just sort of dipped until we ended up with Halo of all songs (and she keeps kidding herself if she thinks Halo is a "lighters up" American anthem type song to end a set with. It's no Purple Rain).

In my opinion, Beyonce tried to walk the line between the more straight forward Rock halftime shows, and the more theatrical Pop ones, but in the end she didn't really excel at either. Honestly, I was expecting Beyonce to do a condensed version of what she did at Galstonbury, which is probably one of her best shows. THAT was pure performance and vocal slayage.

Also, and it just needs to finally be said, Beyonce has a nasty habit of reusing shit from her tours and previous shows. Considering that "persuing creative endeavors" was the excuse reason she gave for partnering with Pepsi, and they sponsored her show (which was one of the most expensive in Super Bowl history), I would have liked to have gotten more fresh shit than we did. And I swear to fucking god if she calls up BEBE one more fucking time to jam on that goddamn guitar while she dances in front of her..... Bebe, ain't nobody here to see you, boo. STAY YOUR ASS IN THE BACK.

On the subject of pageantry in live shows, I think that those who rely heavily on it, have to in order to make up for the area in which they are deficient. That's not a bad thing, it's just not my thing. I appreciate an artist more who will perform with all the focus on them, and not those who try to distract me with "flair."

Bey must be getting ready to slay this era, because everyone is being unusually nasty to her. I, for one, cannot wait.

WHY ARE YOU A MADGE STAN THEN!?

Pho-sis should revoke your card when she gets unbanned.

botty

Banned
I finally got around to watching that Jessie Ware live session, and I getting tired by the fact that she keeps paying Something Inside dust. That song better get some promo in April when she is released upon the US.

What are you talking about? I know I'm one of the people you're coming for, but I don't see the problem when, in the post where I slammed Bey's halftime, I also praised Prince (your ultimate fave), and he didn't need anything but his guitar, his band, and his own sexy self to give one of the best performances of all time.

I wasn't coming for anyone in particular. The Prince halftime is the pinnacle, but he's Prince, so would you expect any less? ;)

Lots of Bey seething.

I'll let Kid Fury handle the rebuttal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm4o6ZWwAIM

Also, and it just needs to finally be said, Beyonce has a nasty habit of reusing shit from her tours and previous shows. Considering that "persuing creative endeavors" was the excuse reason she gave for partnering with Pepsi, and they sponsored her show (which was one of the most expensive in Super Bowl history), I would have liked to have gotten more fresh shit than we did.

Madonna has been performing the Vogue choreography for 20+ years, Prince has been performing the same tired truncated version of Lets Go Crazy for almost 30 years.

WHY ARE YOU A MADGE STAN THEN!?
Because... Madonna needs the pageantry to distract from those live vocals. Lol.
I stan in tiers:

Tier 1: An "artist" who writes/produces/performs etc. - Prince
Tier 2: A great performer/artist, heavily involved creatively. - Madonna, Beyonce
Tier 3: An performer who shows up and slays - Rihanna

I don't consider Beyonce a "pop" artist, so I don't expect her perform like a Madonna. She is a big artist so a bajillion dancers are to be expected (thanks MJ : /) Beyonce is flamboyant plenty for the music she makes. I don't expect more.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Not Roy clocking the tea. I was so disappointed to see so much of the Super Bowl performance be old material and old choreography. She did good performing it, but I couldn't escape the feeling of "I've seen that before" for the bulk of the performance.

Yo royalan!
I read your post about female rappers not long ago.
Check this out:

kplus.jpg

Kilo Kish - K+
01 Intro
02 Goldmine feat. Jesse Boykins III (prod. by Star Slinger)
03 Ghost feat. Childish Gambino (prod. by Matt Martians & SBTRKT)
04 Trappin feat. Vince Staples (prod. by Earl Sweatshirt)
05 IOU (prod. by Matt Martians)
06 Turquouise feat. Jesse Boykins III (prod. by PROF CALC)
07 Scones feat. Childish Gambino (prod. by Childish Gambino)
08 Love2K feat. A$AP Ferg & Smash Simmons (prod. by Very Rare)
09 Better feat. Andrea Balency (produced by Patrick Paige of The Internet)
10 Creepwave feat. Flatbush Zombies (prod. by Crono)

Stream: https://soundcloud.com/kilo-kish/sets/k
Download: http://www.kilokish.com/k
Alternate Link: http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/39310220/file.html

botty

Banned
That "iou" song is pretty good.

ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

Is that really a female rapper, though?

-----

Lil Mama cast as Left Eye in TLC biopic

You heard it here FIRST! Lil Mama has been cast to play the late Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez in the upcoming biopic about the R&B group TLC!

MC Lyte broke the news to HipHollywood while out and about during Grammy week — She went on to say how she is looking to take Lil Mama under her wing and get her the shine she deserves!

Are you surprised by this casting? Will you watch?! Take a listen below!

I don't know why, but...I'm here for it.

iFvgANveT66L9.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
1c3b6b0e731911e29ae122000a1f9a03_7.jpg

Rih and Chris at a pre-Grammy party. You'll remember 4 years ago something happened after they were spotted at a pre-Grammy party.

My fave likes to test my patience.

Yoko Ono stanning, and a Rih + Chris photo. What a Saturday this is.

I can't wait for the Grammy's tomorrow. I'm ready to be slayed by my fave.

Yoko Ono stanning, and a Rih + Chris photo. What a Saturday this is.

I can't wait for the Grammy's tomorrow. I'm ready to be slayed by my fave.

Hopefully she doesn't stress her voice too much having soundcheck in LA yesterday, then an even in New Orleans today, then flying right back to the grammy's.

I want her to have a MOMENT dammit!

Hopefully she doesn't stress her voice too much having soundcheck in LA yesterday, then an even in New Orleans today, then flying right back to the grammy's.

I want her to have a MOMENT dammit!
Oh she'll have her moment, I'm sure. This isn't 2011-2012 Christina Aguilera we are talking about here. I'm so ready. I also just have to say that I'm so PRESSED that Kelly was 2 hours away from me, and I had no means of seeing her. One day I will meet my fave, and faint from the overwhelming joy.

Not gonna happen.

Florence can have her Grammy assuming Kelly wins Record of the Year.
Agreed. I love Kelly and Florence, so I hope they both get something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom