• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis_

Says the Little Boiler.

Your shade is boring and tired, step it uP.

iWe8VCwpByVH8.gif

Mumei

I use to read "books" constantly....before I discovered the internet.

Why read a book about a subject when I can google what I actually WANT/NEED to know for free instantly?

You don't have nearly as much depth of knowledge on a particular subject when relying upon reading things random things online - even good sources! - as you will from reading good books about the subject. You can have similar breadth, but it really isn't a substitute.

And if you have not read in awhile, you've probably lost a great deal of your ability to concentrate for long periods of time on it; I had a similar experience when I started reading again.

You don't have nearly as much depth of knowledge on a particular subject when relying upon reading things random things online - even good sources! - as you will from reading a book. You can have similar breadth, but it really isn't a substitute.

And if you have not read in awhile, you've probably lost a great deal of your ability to concentrate for long periods of time on it; I had a similar experience when I started reading again.

lol thing is when I DO read I tear through the book in a day anyways (only books I read are fiction) I tend to do all my nonfiction reading online because I like data, sources, etc. Plus I can get all sides of the argument rather than one authors opinion which may or may not be valid. For me its all about assembling as much raw data as fast as possibly can.

You are right though. My attention span is pretty nill.....

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
My local radio stations have added it to their power rotations.

ivSv7vj66iwt6.gif

You don't have nearly as much depth of knowledge on a particular subject when relying upon reading things random things online - even good sources! - as you will from reading a book. You can have similar breadth, but it really isn't a substitute.

I feel like I need to start reading again, aside from college books which I just skim through most of the time, I haven't actually sat down to read a good book. You should recommend me one.

Trigger

I read, but I mostly stick to the political science journals and trashy novels. I don't really have the time for anything else.

Mumei

lol thing is when I DO read I tear through the book in a day anyways (only books I read are fiction) I tend to do all my nonfiction reading online because I like data, sources, etc. Plus I can get all sides of the argument rather than one authors opinion which may or may not be valid. For me its all about assembling as much raw data as fast as possibly can.

You are right though. My attention span is pretty nill.....

TZ6os.png

You should start again.

You are also underestimating the way that a good author has a better understanding of the subject than you do and can synthesize information from a number of fields / avenues of research so you'll have a more complete understanding than you might just looking on your own at random studies. And if you are interested in studies, a good book will always provide them (which you can then look at... online!). It also helps you to connect ideas when you read books as opposed to reading online only.

I feel like I need to start reading again, aside from college books which I just skim through most of the time, I haven't actually sat down to read a good book. You should recommend me one.

You'll have narrow it down a bit; I have read a lot (and a lot of variety) in the last few years. :3

Maybe I will give some nonfiction a shot. Growing up the only non fiction works I touched were almanacs/encyclopedias (my obsession with data and barraging my brain with info started young....I was obsessed with weather by 1st grade). I always just found them to be so stale.....

It would probably be a good idea to learn to like reading non fiction though, considering my history major.

Now to find a topic I am actually interested in reading about.

botty

Banned
I love Ally from Fifth Harmony (of X Factor fame) so much.

She is so beautiful and talented *.*

Since Fifth Harmony is signed to a label, I guess I can start stanning her.

#queen

iyJ0VkFvDeiUs.gif

Mumei

Maybe I will give some nonfiction a shot. Growing up the only non fiction works I touched were almanacs/encyclopedias (my obsession with data and barraging my brain with info started young....I was obsessed with weather by 1st grade). I always just found them to be so stale.....

It would probably be a good idea to learn to like reading non fiction though, considering my history major.

You mean to tell me that you are a history major - which would involve reading lots and lots and lots of books - and you're now deciding it would probably be a good idea to learn to like reading non-fiction? Silly boy.

iZguUewB2J5eq.gif

I actually know what you mean about a childhood (and frankly continuing) interest in data, though. I remember going on car rides and writing down lists of stuff like the size of every animal I could think of or something.

... History, maybe?

Nemesis_

Silly boy.[/spoiler]

#ARTS

I think you need to read, it gives you others perspectives and that's especially important. Some books are just better constructed in that regard.

Although one also has to consider how outdated books become by the time they become published at the same time.

Nlroh

What's with all the mean randoM blow-iNs
191.gif

Oh so another person to ignore.

iGbrctk0TGFKc.gif

If you really think that was mean...

You're the only person posting Eva Green gifs so I'll forget about this for now.

tumblr_mf0sqxUTUa1rfo5uno3_250.gif

You could start with The Devil in the White City.

Christopher

I actually purchased this Calvin Harris Album and have been jamming out all morning Feel so close to you tonight still slays me.

Nem bought warrior!

Mau ®

1. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 193.479 (+ 1.644)
2. RIHANNA – Diamonds: 188.871 (- 0.671)
3. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 145.647 (+ 1.204)
4. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 135.885 (- 1.381)
5. NE-YO – Let Me Love You: 123.268 (- 1.242) ▲
6. FLO RIDA – I Cry: 121.051 (+ 1.071) ▲
7. KE$HA – Die Young: 115.802 (- 9.025) ▼
8. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 104.764 (+ 0.834)
9. FUN. – Some Nights: 100.074 (- 1.255)
10. PINK – Try: 94.197 (+ 0.924)

FILA

11. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 89.589 (+ 1.495)
12. ED SHEERAN – The A Team: 86.629 (+ 0.718)
13. MIGUEL – Adorn: 82.901 (- 0.493)
14. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 76.539 (+ 3.225) BIGGEST UPDATE!!! ▲
15. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 72.977 (+ 1.470)
▲
16. ALEX CLARE – Too Close: 72.156 (- 1.793) ▼
17. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 67.667 (+ 2.260)
18. JUSTIN MOORE – ‘Til My Last Day: 64.244 (- 0.073)
19. KIP MOORE – Beer Money: 63.134 (- 0.486)
20. FLORIDA-GEORGIA LINE – Cruise: 61.982 (- 1.014)

OUTRAS

ZAC BROWN BAND – Goodbye In Her Eyes: 61.095 (+ 0.453)
NICKI MINAJ – Va Va Voom: 61.033 (- 1.857)
IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 55.551 (+ 1.098)
PITBULL – Don’t Stop The Party: 50.973 (+ 0.651)
MARIAH CAREY – All I Want For Christmas Is…: 48.937 (+ 2.229)
KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 47.828 (+ 0.616)
WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 43.441 (+ 1.574)
CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 43.293 (+ 0.454)
TAYLOR SWIFT – Begin Again: 40.661 (+ 0.020)
MAROON 5 – Daylight: 38.563 (+ 0.984)
MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 36.846 (+ 0.052)
THE SCRIPT – Hall Of Fame f/will.i.am: 33.875 (+ 0.787)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 33.306 (+ 0.193)
ONE DIRECTION – Little Things: 28.134 (+ 0.585)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 25.952 (+ 1.130)
MUSE – Madness: 21.736 (+ 0.223)

Curiosidades:

ELLIE GOULDING – Anything Could Happen: 13.444
KE$HA – C’mon: 10.079 (+ 1.600)
BRIDGIT MENDLER – Ready Or Not: 8.877
C. AGUILERA & B. SHELTON – Just An Unemployed Fool: 3.505 (+ 0.113)
ZZ WARD – Put The Gun Down: 0.870
BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 0.108

ITZ's notes

+ Despite "Die Young" falling hard, radio is being kind to Ke$ha by adding "C´mon" to their playlist. The song is not added until early January yet its already registering great updates.

+ Taylor Swift's "I Knew you were trouble" could be trouble for Bruno in the next coming weeks. For now, Bruno is safe with "Locked out of heaven", which seems like it might pull a Maroon 5-type of slayage, like I predicted.

+ Alicia Keys's Girl on Fire is this years biggest slow-burner like I predicted before. The track, despite having being released more than 4 months ago is still registering great updates and consistent sales.

Bladenic

Is that Rihanna's biggest radio hit ITZ?

Also is anyone surprised Scream and Shout is doing that well on radio? I expected it to be a one week digital hit, yet now it's gaining on radio. Gross.

Mau ®

Fun Fact:

It would take Xtincta about a month to get a one day update like Taylor Swift's

MeanGirlsLaugh.gif

Is that Rihanna's biggest radio hit ITZ?

Also is anyone surprised Scream and Shout is doing that well on radio? I expected it to be a one week digital hit, yet now it's gaining on radio. Gross.

It kinda is although I think What's My Name was bigger if you dont take the "inflation" in (there are more TOP 40 stations now than 2 years ago).

Nonetheless if it aint her biggest it is her second biggest. Here in Spain they RAPE the song on radio. It gets a lot of plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom