• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aguila

#ICONIC
OMG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Friday:_The_Pinkprint

This is the album from the rapper Nicki Minj. It debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 with 384 copies sold. It was blocked by Jessie J's new album and touring force.
Pink_Friday_The_Pinkprint_Deluxe_Edition.png

icqUXFZGviN4w.gif
icqUXFZGviN4w.gif
icqUXFZGviN4w.gif

Sorry I'm late sis but i've been traveling and partying lol No worries tho, I just sent my ballot.

iDLf9JkpHYYhp.gif

So excited for the results tbh.

Wonderful.

ic5gIHMnRzZWY.gif

Keep having fun sisus

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

It debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200 with 384 copies sold. It was blocked by Jessie J's new album and touring force.
Confirmed for the year 2013. A re-release has also been planned for later in the year. Because she is a lazy bitch the re-release will only contain 2-3 new songs. Typical for the cash cow she is :alexz: Typical Oni**a taking advantage of ha fans like that. The albums working title was "Pink Friday: Oni**a Cashes In Again" but it was quickly changed so the fans thought it would actually be an entirely new album, obviously it isn't going to be though :eli:

14. "Kill The Bitch" Lady Gaga

icqUXFZGviN4w.gif
these atrl girls are a mess

Christopher

Wow this song glassheart is amazing she did not deserve to flop although I can see now beauty and the beat comparisons. Poor Leona tbh

Mumei

At least you aren't one of the delusional beyonce stans who thinks she doesn't have limits.

c3ed7b23.gif

Who says this?

i love this
iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

As well you should!

Mariah does it better.

True. Mariah has better placement in the upper belt, though.

Those microphone techniques help too.

What do you mean by "microphone techniques"? Do you mean something other than "The microphone amplifies the resonance to your voice"? I don't really get what you are saying she's doing that doesn't equally apply to anyone using a microphone.

Loooove takes timeeee and this video sure did.

Awww, Mariah taking a page out of Whitney's book and inserting bits of her song lyrics into conversation. #OnlyDivas.

She does that all the time.

(That first clip of Can't Let Go acapella is <3)

ibad9OHajFcTNm.gif

botty

Banned
Who says this?

What do you mean by "microphone techniques"? Do you mean something other than "The microphone amplifies the resonance to your voice"? I don't really get what you are saying she's doing that doesn't equally apply to anyone using a microphone.

No one here says that, and I am referring to that annoying echo.

She does that all the time.

(That first clip of Can't Let Go acapella is <3)

We really need to have a Mariah only day in the plug room.
iWTbI6OaY5qSf.gif

cory64

Well, yes, I assumed it was decibels but... like human speech is typically 40dB, right? Or a concert hall is up to 80dB. So if 4dB is the range of loudness inherit, what does that tell you about how loud it actually is? Does that mean 44 - 48dB? 80 - 84dB? That's the part that I don't really get it. All it really seems to tell me (and the Wiki entry for music for dynamic range seems to say the same thing) is that album is pretty consistently the same volume throughout, but not how loud it actually is.

Is there somewhere where they list how they test the dB levels independent of volume, and what those dB levels are?

CD volume levels are negative numbers from the peak dB (0) which is set by the user. So the DR is calculated from the average distance from 0.

botty

Banned
The reverb is quite annoying at times, but she sings fantastically without it.

It seems like a crutch for her, much like constipated mid-belt growling is for Xtincta.

That video does show how far Beyonce has come since her solo debut. She seemed like she was in physical pain while trying to balance her tone and breath in Naughty Girl.

z63MU.gif

Jump to the irreplaceable and halo section and you see a lot more confidence and control.

B-Dex

Why did none of you hos mention the Les Mis ost was out 2 days ago.... purchasing on iTunes as I type this.

Pressedt over Anne Hathaway slaying your favs vocals IC.

Why did none of you hos mention the Les Mis ost was out 2 days ago.... purchasing on iTunes as I type this.

Pressedt over Anne Hathaway slaying your favs vocals IC.

Meh.

I am going to see the film this coming weekend probably. If I like it I may pick up the ost....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom