• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT6| Beyonic is never coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
On topic, 2005 was iconic. That was the year Kelly punched every American Idol winner past present and future out of the game.

Well except Carrie.
I will never forget the first time I heard "Since U Been Gone." It was my introduction to Kelly. I did not watch a single episode of American Idol until the year Jordin Sparks was on (Season 6, I think?), and somehow I had missed "Miss Independent" and the whole Thankful era. I think at that time I was mostly listening to emo, pop-punk, some legit punk, rock, etc.

I was in 11th grade, I believe. Maybe 10th. I went to a house party with some friends. Super emo and indie music was playing. Lots of emo kids, except for like...the three of us.

All of a sudden "Since U Been Gone" came on, and I swear to God...every single person in that house started SCREAMING the words. It was so strange and confusing and wonderful. I felt like I was the one there who would have most likely known what that bop was...yet I had no clue at the time and everyone else was totally into it. It was like Bizarro Land.

The next day I bought the CD.

---

In other news, I have no idea what any of these songs are:

1 "We Belong Together" Mariah Carey
3 "Let Me Love You" Mario
5 "1, 2 Step" Ciara and Missy Elliott
8 "Candy Shop" 50 Cent featuring Olivia
11 "Disco Inferno" 50 Cent
13 "Don't Phunk with My Heart" The Black Eyed Peas
14 "Lose Control" Missy Elliott featuring Ciara and Fatman Scoop
15 "Shake It Off" Mariah Carey
17 "Just a Lil Bit" 50 Cent
19 "How We Do" The Game featuring 50 Cent
20 "Beverly Hills" Weezer
21 "Oh" Ciara featuring Ludacris
22 "Lonely No More" Rob Thomas
24 "Hate It or Love It" The Game featuring 50 Cent
25 "Lovers & Friends" Lil Jon featuring Usher and Ludacris
28 "Switch" Will Smith
29 "Let Me Hold You" Bow Wow featuring Omarion
30 "Like You" Bow Wow featuring Ciara
31 "Rich Girl" Gwen Stefani featuring Eve
33 "Obsession (No Es Amor)" Frankie J featuring Baby Bash
34 "Caught Up" Usher
35 "Listen to Your Heart" DHT featuring Edmee
41 "Grind with Me" Pretty Ricky
42 "Run It!" Chris Brown featuring Juelz Santana
47 "Slow Down" Bobby Valentino
49 "Some Cut" Trillville featuring Cutty
50 "Get It Poppin'" Fat Joe featuring Nelly
51 "Play" David Banner
52 "Soul Survivor" Young Jeezy featuring Akon
53 "Pimpin' All Over the World" Ludacris featuring Bobby Valentino
54 "My Boo" Usher and Alicia Keys
55 "Sugar (Gimme Some)" Trick Daddy featuring Ludacris, Lil' Kim and Cee Lo Green
56 "Karma" Alicia Keys
59 "Mockingbird" Eminem
60 "La Tortura" Shakira featuring Alejandro Sanz
62 "Baby I'm Back" Baby Bash featuring Akon
63 "Wait (The Whisper Song)" Ying Yang Twins
65 "Bring Em Out" T.I.
66 "Cater 2 U" Destiny's Child
67 "1 Thing" Amerie
69 "It's Like That" Mariah Carey
70 "Goin' Crazy" Natalie
71 "Inside Your Heaven" Carrie Underwood
73 "Truth Is" Fantasia
74 "Your Body" Pretty Ricky
76 "Cool" Gwen Stefani
77 "Get Back" Ludacris
78 "Outta Control" 50 Cent featuring Mobb Deep
79 "U Don't Know Me" T.I.
85 "Girlfight" Brooke Valentine featuring Lil Jon and Big Boi
87 "Ordinary People" John Legend
89 "Just the Girl" The Click Five
90 "True" Ryan Cabrera
91 "O" Omarion
92 "Back Then" Mike Jones
95 "I'm Sprung" T-Pain
97 "U Already Know" 112 featuring Foxy Brown
98 "Mississippi Girl" Faith Hill
99 "Number One Spot" Ludacris
100 "Give Me That" Webbie featuring Bun B

I clearly was not listening to the radio that year.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Omg I'm late but "Obsession" was such a BOP! Wow, that takes me so far back. I feel like a fossil.

Double omg at "Since u been gone". I heard it on Laguna Beach earlier this week and forgot that timeless classic. ;_; let me run to iTunes real fast.

And then I heard "Run it" on the radio today and almost forgot about what Chris Brown has transformed into.

Yado

"Some Cut" Trillville featuring Cutty
"Play" David Banner
"Soul Survivor" Young Jeezy featuring Akon
"Inside Your Heaven" Carrie Underwood
"Outta Control" 50 Cent featuring Mobb Deep
"U Don't Know Me" T.I.
"Just the Girl" The Click Five
"True" Ryan Cabrera
"As Good as I Once Was" Toby Keith
"U Already Know" 112 featuring Foxy Brown
"Mississippi Girl" Faith Hill
"Give Me That" Webbie featuring Bun B

Thankfully, I'm not familiar with these ones.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Is there a PopGAF Skype chat? I know there at least used to be a GayGAF chat. I stopped going though. Is there one for this community?

Or just plug.dj?

botty

Banned
Oh... this OT is halfway done.

edit:

BPF-oENCYAAfnn9.jpg

mimi x_x

Robin Thicke's new album. I skimmed through it a bit and I think it's a stronger R&B attempt than Justin's from what I've heard so far.

Maybe people will buy it this time since they've finally decided to let one of his singles become a hit. Sex Therapy and Love After War were criminally slept on.

Kyon

Banned
Robin Thicke's new album. I skimmed through it a bit and I think it's a stronger R&B attempt than Justin's from what I've heard so far.

Oh ok. Well of course he's a real R&B artist and not some try hard trying to dabble in it all the while FAILING.

Robin is so talented tbh like his father.

Ties

Banned
Here's a new Selena track that was leaked today (in HQ):

Sad Serenade

Stars Dance is shaping up to be a pretty solid pop effort. I was smitten with Selena ever since she released A Year Without Rain but I'm actually considering stanning for this girl a bit with this new era *.*

Bladenic

Here's a new Selena track that was leaked today (in HQ):

Sad Serenade

Stars Dance is shaping up to be a pretty solid pop effort. I was smitten with Selena ever since she released A Year Without Rain but I'm actually considering stanning for this girl a bit with this new era *.*

Wait this is good. I've liked everything so far.

I'm sure you'll be done with your first listen of 20/07 experience in a couple of more hours
tnDnW.gif

God knows how long those songs are. Surprised you aren't in a COMATOSE state
tnDnW.gif

I wonder why everyone keeps using that type of phrasing to try to downplay 20/20 experience without knowing that it actually means having superior vision.

I'll just keep bopping away though
tumblr_mkupmmtWts1rcilpfo1_500.gif

botty

Banned
I wonder why everyone keeps using that type of phrasing to try to downplay 20/20 experience without knowing that it actually means having superior vision.

I'll just keep bopping away though
tumblr_mkupmmtWts1rcilpfo1_500.gif

Let's be honest... most of those songs are long for no reason. You could literally make a Timbaland solo album if you cut out his jibberish from each 20/20 experience track.

Let's be honest... most of those songs are long for no reason. You could literally make a Timbaland solo album if you cut out his jibberish from each 20/20 experience track.

The length of the songs are one of the reasons why I like the album so much. A lot of the songs are elevated by the breakdowns at the end. The Timbaland stuff is like a staple of pretty much all the songs he produces though, and the only song it feels out of place in is in Suit and Tie.

botty

Banned
The length of the songs are one of the reasons why I like the album so much. A lot of the songs are elevated by the breakdowns at the end. The Timbaland stuff is like a staple of pretty much all the songs he produces though, and the only song it feels out of place in is in Suit and Tie.

Yeah, but compare the tracks on 20/20 to songs like Cry Me A River, where timberland's jibberish doesn't get its own sections, but blends into the song itself.

Yeah, but compare the tracks on 20/20 to songs like Cry Me A River, where timberland's jibberish doesn't get its own sections, but blends into the song itself.
Indeed sis

Even the album highlights like "Tunnel Vision" and "Don't Hold The Wall" have useless breakdowns. "Strawberry Bubblegum" excepted, the second halves add zero to the songs, and in some cases even detract with their blatant self-indulgence.

Trigger

I understand, but don't identify with, the length complaints. Honestly, I like the vibe and production of the album. I can appreciate Justion's vision for 20/20. I am hoping with Volume 2 he tries to elevate the songs with his vocals more.

Nemesis_

I understand, but don't identify with, the length complaints. Honestly, I like the vibe and production of the album. I can appreciate Justion's vision for 20/20. I am hoping with Volume 2 he tries to elevate the songs with his vocals more.

Yeah but you like everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom