• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

This better not be about another vanity project no one asked for.

ib0jewpBaWTrYK.gif

Applause is like Scotty from The Evil Dead. Bitch just isn't dying.
Anyhow, still bopping to Venus/Swine "demo".

aura i use grown woman too

Bladenic

So I listened to Days are God again today. ARTPOP is gonna have to be a truly heavenly experience if it is to top this as AOTY for 2013 for me. Just, so good. ;_;

Koodo

Banned
Lady Gaga's fellow No. 4-peaking "Applause" likewise rises 9-7 on the Hot 100.

Just outside the Hot 100's top tier, Lady Gaga debuts at No. 13 with "Do What U Want" (featuring R. Kelly), the second single (following "Applause") from "ARTPOP," due Nov. 11. The new cut starts at No. 3 on Digital Songs, and No. 1 Pop Digital Songs, with 156,000; "Applause" started at Nos. 3 and 2 on the respective charts with 218,000 in August.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/5770722/lordes-royals-crowns-hot-100-for-fifth-week
oop, remember when some girls insisted Applause would flop. Being wrong must be the story of their life.

ij83yTLx3PGP5.gif

Applause is a flop compared to BTW. It will be lucky to limp to 2x platinum.

Which.... if you ignore the delusions of fans.... is a pretty damn mediocre number.

Mau ®

You might feel like nothing was the same
I still been drinkin' on the low
Mobbin' on the low
Fuckin' on the low
Smokin' on the low
I still been plottin' on the low
Schemin' on the low
The furthest thing from perfect
Like everyone I know

royalan

Applause is a flop compared to BTW. It will be lucky to limp to 2x platinum.

Which.... if you ignore the delusions of fans.... is a pretty damn mediocre number.

The truth. Tell it.

In terms of what that track needed to do to signal Lady Gaga's comeback, it's a huge flop. It didn't perform nearly as well enough to really justify the promotional energy Gaga put into it, and now I highly doubt any other single from the project will perform better.

Applause has likely leeched all the hype out of ARTPOP era. A succubus of a track.

cory64

Blurred Lines
Roar
Holy Grail
Wake Me Up
Royals
Applause
Hold On We're Going Home

Have all lingered in the top 10 in the past month or so, so let's not give too much credit to Applause.

royalan

Blurred Lines
Roar
Holy Grail
Wake Me Up
Royals
Applause
Hold On We're Going Home

Have all lingered in the top 10 in the past month or so, so let's not give too much credit to Applause.

Hot 100 has been incredibly stagnant lately. Rather odd.

I don't follow radio as closely, but doesn't this usually happen this time of year when we get close to the Holiday freeze?

Pretty much every major album coming out at the end of this year already has singles on radio, right?

cory64

I don't follow radio as closely, but doesn't this usually happen this time of year when we get close to the Holiday freeze?

Pretty much every major album coming out at the end of this year already has singles on radio, right?
No most of those songs are from August, the freeze starts in about 2 weeks imo. There should have been a second wave since then but it's late this year.

Styles

03 - Lady Gaga - Do What U Want (156,000│New)
06 - Taylor Swift - Sweeter Than Fiction (114,000│New)
07 - Justin Bieber - Hold Tight (111,000│New)

STF debuted at number 34 on the Hot 100. Considering the only promo the song got was from a tweet, I would say that is a pretty good number. What's sad is the fact that Bieber opened with lower numbers.
bestsmileyever.gif

Doesn't really start until the Xmas songs kick in.

It mostly effects AC/Hot AC (pop sub genres).

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Well it's more about scheduling than the actual chart effect. No one tends to drop a single between the end of November and the middle of January.

well that makes sense but most people think the radio freeze means less spins for songs due to xmas music and year end countdowns taking away all the airtime, which isn't really the case as much

or at least that is what I was made to believe last year. No new singles impacting radio makes more sense in terms of a freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom