• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

moulels

Final numbers are almost here

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

oprah-hold-me-back.gif

tumblr_mvth1aoTt31s306rao5_250.gif

Did she seriously not bag number one???

1) Marshall Mathers LP, 240,000
2) ARTPOP, 235,000

Hoping that's fake!! Let me perch for the official announcement.

tmarques

Isn't that kind of disappointing? I didn't realise her fanbase had shrunk that much.

In fact, isn't it less than Madonna's latest flop? Yes, I realise she'll sell more in the long run, but it's still kind of funny.

Did she seriously not bag number one???

1) Marshall Mathers LP, 240,000
2) ARTPOP, 235,000

Hoping that's fake!! Let me perch for the official announcement.

Those aren't real, HDD hasn't updated yet.

Isn't that kind of disappointing? I didn't realise her fanbase had shrunk that much.

In fact, isn't it less than Madonna's latest flop? Yes, I realise she'll sell more in the long run, but it's still kind of funny.

it is disappointing yes. it's a mix of not having a good lead single and damage of born this way in my opinion.

Fey

Banned
Pretty sure those #s are fake. HDD hasn't updated yet.

And I wouldn't be so sure about selling more than MDNA in the long run tbh ...

Trigger

Yeah, way less than MDNA's first week sales IIRC.

Those aren't real, HDD hasn't updated yet.

Phew. lol

it is disappointing yes. it's a mix of not having a good lead single and damage of born this way in my opinion.

1) No well-timed single to usher in the album. Applause went past its effective date in November.
2) Not enough promotion directly pre-album ala Born This Way
3) Leftover saturation from Born This Way's more scathing artistic decisions. lol

Bottom line: Where's the big hit single? There's still opportunity for DWUW to end up smashing but it's proving to be a slow cooker. The SNL performance didn't help it, and all that's left to give it a push is a music video and the AMA performance. Two big opportunities but if those don't start the snowball effect then she'll have to move on to a third single. Just get Gypsy out there girl!

Well she broke 250k..... could be worse I guess.

Still below the lowest prediction for the contest. If that doesn't make it a flop then I don't know what does.

QLKTLj0.png

YASSSS VARIOUS ARTISTS, YOU LOOK SO GOOOD YASSSSSSSSSSS!!!! YASSSS!!!!

I kind of stan for NOW collection albums ever since I found a few I had from the 90s and discovered that they made for the best road trip ever.

It is amazing how much people will take completely unverifiable sources and just roll with it and let it spread.

Internet "journalism" is a fucking joke. Whatever gets clicks I guess.

Touchdown

Banned
SEE ME COME & U CAN HEAR MA SOOOOOUND

tumblr_mvtslgNXlH1scc1i9o6_250.gif

TELL SUMEBODY IN YOUR TOWN

tumblr_mw27z5EDRN1r5ugcwo1_250.gif

SPREAD DA WORD, SPREAD DA WOOORD

tumblr_mvtslgNXlH1scc1i9o1_250.gif

GO CAWL DA PO-LEEEECE

tumblr_mth4z1ZpDT1siuqnuo1_250.gif

GO CAWL DA GOVUNAHHHH

tumblr_musobnabST1sa4zk1o1_250.gif

U BETTER WORK BITCH

tumblr_lxjzr5TPLp1qfzlnzo1_500.gif

tumblr_m7xo8qZWal1rrve8eo1_500.gif

Mau ®

Joseph Kahn will direct Indie Jean's Perfume video.

Why should you perch for it?

Because Kahn has delivered the HOLY TRINITY of Britney videos: Stronger, Toxic and Womanizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom