• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Currently forcing myself into sheezus as I actually paid money for it
Loving URL Badman so far but the rest needs work

Vazduh

Holy shit, what kind of sorcery is this? This look is straight out of Janet era Janet Jackson. Hot

Erm, are you sure that's not a 20-year old photo?

The KYLIE boxset is a true immaculate collection.

You mean, this one? I agree, it's a flawless collection.

I'm seething at how Unapologetic was handled. It could have gone many singles deep:

Pop:
1. Diamonds
2. Stay
3. Nobody's Business (feat. Drake)

I'm still pressed that Nobody's Bidness wasn't a single, it was one of the best songs on the album. Hopefully her next era is handled better.

After comparing Avril Lavigne's nausea-inducing VIP fan pictures with Rihanna's, I'm starting to become a fan of the latter. Say what you want about her (and I do) but every single picture she took with a fan was hilarious and awesome. I can't fathom how someone with a horde of fans won't show them all that love back. That "no touching" policy is such horseshit. I'd be throwing myself onto every fan that met me. lol

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I saw a Kelly Clarkson comparison too and she was great with her fans
Why these stars agree to do these meets when they don't want to interact with these people baffles me. Unfair on both themselves and the people paying to see them

Vazduh

After comparing Avril Lavigne's nausea-inducing VIP fan pictures with Rihanna's, I'm starting to become a fan of the latter. Say what you want about her (and I do) but every single picture she took with a fan was hilarious and awesome. I can't fathom how someone with a horde of fans won't show them all that love back. That "no touching" policy is such horseshit. I'd be throwing myself onto every fan that met me. lol

That's what I like about Rihanna. I mean, the bish is one of the biggest popstars on the planet, and yet she's grateful to all her fans who shelled out several hundreds dollars on the meet'n'greet ticket.

As for Avril, she has to be aware that the same fans who support her can also take her down easily, so even if she's not the biggest fan of physical contact, she could at least try and fake it for a few seconds, IMHO.

Bladenic

Wait this bop

It’s the middle of the night and I’m so gone
And I’m thinking about how much I need you
But you really want somebody else
Should be given the right to carry on
I’m still thinking about how much I need you

Her second opus after Everything Is Embarrassing

Vazduh

Yes, stan! It's my favorite song off that album.

ij27sdsuFDvg2.gif

And those lyrics are the story of my life

GlMbPZJ.gif

Trigger

Wait this bop

It’s the middle of the night and I’m so gone
And I’m thinking about how much I need you
Should be given the right to carry on
I’m still thinking about how much I need you

Her second opus after Everything Is Embarrassing

It's just perfection.

Story of my love life too RIP

Nemesis_

JANELLE and KIMBRA CANCELLED THEIR DATE FOR HERE

I AM FUMING

STUPID DUMB CUNTS EVEN AZEALIA BANKS COULD COME HERE AND THEY CAN'T

FUCK

EVEN ELLIE IS COMING

GOODBYE

Nemesis_

Wait, you were going to both concerts and they both got canceled?

Damn. :(

janelle_monae__with_kimbra_.png

I still have Kanye, someone else I won't mention >_>, Gaga (ARTPOP ZONE FMEUNDUIFs) and Ellie this year.

But it's still annoying.

Probably for the best though because 90s Music was so bad. I saw Kimbra when she toured with Vows so it's not a huge deal but yeah I'd love to have seen Janelle. I missed her when she came to Sydney two years ago.

Matt_

Buts its not even like Kimbra has to go far!
Did ticket sales not go well?

Nemesis_

Buts its not even like Kimbra has to go far!
Did ticket sales not go well?

I assume not. They didn't mention why, but they added more dates in Sydney and Melbourne which makes me think it's more profitable for them just to stay there and play more dates rather than tour the entire country.

FNUIDBNIUDBNF it makes me mad everyone else is coming here except them ._.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I assume not. They didn't mention why, but they added more dates in Sydney and Melbourne which makes me think it's more profitable for them just to stay there and play more dates rather than tour the entire country.

FNUIDBNIUDBNF it makes me mad everyone else is coming here except them ._.

Who is that artist you dont want to mention? :eli:

Mumei

... Why is she not allowed to set her own boundaries for what she's comfortable with? I feel like there's this odd sense of entitlement or possessiveness that a lot of fans seem to have. Not everyone is Rihanna (or Kelly Clarkson, judging from her pictures with fans).

Nemesis_

Katy ��

Katy is too expensive to justify going and I hate most of her music although her "design" for everything looks pretty good. I will try to win some. �� I cannot at that exorbitant price just to be in the middle of the triangle thing though

As for who it is let's just say I'm attending for their backlog >_>

... Why is she not allowed to set her own boundaries for what she's comfortable with? I feel like there's this odd sense of entitlement or possessiveness that a lot of fans seem to have. Not everyone is Rihanna (or Kelly Clarkson, judging from her pictures with fans).

I dunno I understand what you mean by sense of entitlement but when you're paying so much money to meet somebody I think the least you could do is put your arm around their shoulder for a photo or something.

Or maybe set boundaries and make them obvious before people put the money down.

I especially feel like for somebody like Avril who might be struggling she should be thankful to these people who are essentially paying her income.

Vazduh

I especially feel like for somebody like Avril who might be struggling she should be thankful to these people who are essentially paying her income.

Exactly. I mean, the meet'n'greet ticket cost 400 frickin' dollars in Brazil. The average wage there is ~800 $, which means that those people left half of their monthly income to someone who didn't even bother to at least put her arm around their shoulder.

I think there's a happy middle where artists can be in their comfort zone but also be courteous enough to the people who paid $400 to take a picture with you. A $400 picture better be something more than two people standing a foot away from each other. That to me is horseshit.

I can guarantee if those fans were told that they would be standing next to Avril like they're sharing an elevator, most of them wouldn't shell out that money. Make that price worth a damn.

SaintZ

Eh, Avril is an introvert so it's not surprising (you can even see that in her interviews). She's really uncomfortable with people she doesn't know so I get why she would not like to be touched by strangers. Her personality is not like Rihanna's, so compare both of them is not fair. That being said she's charging for this crappy M&G. If she's uncomfortable don't do one at all. The latest M&G haven't been as awful as the first one though (where the pictures came from).

New music: Say Lou Lou - Peppermint

Matt_

Bieber even let his fans touch him. That with him being a complete arsehole and probably in danger of him being sexually assaulted and/or being drowned in naturally produced lubricant.

Eh, Avril is an introvert so it's not surprising (you can even see that in her interviews). She's really uncomfortable with people she doesn't know so I get why she would not like to be touched by strangers. Her personality is not like Rihanna's, so compare both of them is not fair. That being said she's charging for this crappy M&G. If she's uncomfortable don't do one at all. The latest M&G haven't been as awful as the first one though (where the pictures came from).

New music: Say Lou Lou - Peppermint

Yeah, honestly if you're frightened of people (let alone people who adore you) then don't bother with a M&G in the first place.

Nemesis_

How on earth does that stiff, unnatural pose read as effortless to you?

Looks like someone caught her in the middle of feeding pigeons.

I don't get it, Beyonce looked better at that Football game she was seen at the other day. She just looks like a Lorde tryhard here

I don't get it, Beyonce looked better at that Football game she was seen at the other day. She just looks like a Lorde tryhard here

It's high fashion gurl. I like the garment but I think the hair drags it down too much. It needs something more unexpected on top to the contrast the bottom half.

Rihanna looked stunning though, she always does. Beyonce's been fucking up red carpet entrances since the Sasha era.

royalan

Beyoncé only ever looks somewhat presentable to civilized society when she's going cute and natural (minus the dry lacefront).

Whenever Beyoncé tries to go high-fashion, failure ensues. She just doesn't have the presence.

She'd look really good in a Sears catalog, though.

And she SHOULD have got read for that hair, but she didn't, so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom