• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
beyoncé looks classy and elegant. i would know, i've seen 13 seasons of project runway

Blood-Orange-Its-Fucking-Red-Project-Runway-Christopher-Collins.gif

tumblr_my89jsguCU1sitwgpo2_250.gif

tumblr_my89jsguCU1sitwgpo4_250.gif

QUEEN

WAIT

I gotta use this for Valentine's next year
tumblr_mzu8ssPqJy1qafpubo1_500.gif

Vazduh

This is the first song of theirs that didn't click immediately, but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

How on earth does that stiff, unnatural pose read as effortless to you?

Looks like someone caught her in the middle of feeding pigeons.

CHBTS6U.gif

I live for your Bey hate.

Had to make a gif.

GmkxQxu.gif

I loved the slow-motion shots in the West Coast video, they were amazing. Btw, who directed the video? There's nothing on the Wikipedia page.

SaintZ

HmmmT
Lana Del Rey Online ‏@LanaDReyOnline 30m

VEVO have deleted the video. Apparently there was an error and uploaded the wrong version.
[H E W] the hell is in charge of this? First the messy iTunes release and now this crap. #sabotage.
I loved the slow-motion shots in the West Coast video, they were amazing. Btw, who directed the video? There's nothing on the Wikipedia page.
I thought it was Vincent Haycock but in the VEVO page said Sophie Muller.

Vazduh

HmmmT

[H E W] the hell is in charge of this? First the messy iTunes release and now this crap. #sabotage.

I thought it was Vincent Haycock but in the VEVO page said Sophie Muller.

Nice. Just look at her videography, it's really impressive, some of my favorite music videos were directed by her. I don't see Lana's video on the list, but it probably hasn't been updated yet.

I'll partially agree with Supermanisdead, the video could have been a bit more exciting, but on the other hand, I think it serves the song well. It's atmospheric enough, nothing too flashy... It's a solid music video.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lewinsky points out that Bey made a bad attempt at creating a verb for the action. In the essay she thanks Beyoncé for the reference but let’s her know that “if we’re verbing, I think you meant ‘Bill Clinton’d all on my gown,’ not ‘Monica Lewinsky’d,’”. She may have a point.
Source

:rip:

Vazduh

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Brooke Candy's Opulence EP actually shits a bit.
tiJdxY9.png

The Sia-penned track "Pop and Rock" might be my favorite, but the rest are quite good too, like, for example, Feel Yourself (Alcohol), which sounds like a lost M.I.A. track.

SaintZ

Can't believe I'm saying this, but Brooke Candy's Opulence EP actually shits a bit.
tiJdxY9.png

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opulence-ep/id871225498

The Sia-penned track "Pop and Rock" might be my favorite, but the rest are quite good too, like, for example, Feel Yourself (Alcohol), which sounds like a lost M.I.A. track.
Oh it's on Spotify, let me listen. I really liked Opulence (song)

lanaflawlessmaf04.gif

ETA:
WAIT

Like a pop rock,
Like a pop rock,
I'm gonna leave you red hot.

Like a pop rock,
Like a pop rock,
I'm gonna leave you red hot.

iyyyvtif6qxe.gif

Not Brooke punching a biT.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
not you anti-feminists trying to rob monica lewinski of her agency

this is a new low, even for people who hate beyonce, who are already very low indeed

SaintZ

Wait that was fast, I already finished Opulence.

Yeah Pop Rock and Feel Yourself are good. Did Brooke really sing in the latter? It sounded like Britney. I was surprised.

The other two songs are forgettable.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
when every person whose job it is to rate music for a living agrees that your fave is a middle of the road starlet with limited talent and musical ability who keeps releasing turgid pop sludge

that's when you KNOW you've made a mistake

How can someone hate Beyoncé

I legitimately don't understand how it is possible

They look at her, then look at their respective faves, and immediately see their shortcomings. Following the Kubler-Ross model can help us decipher the inner workings of their path to acceptance, or "taking a seat" as our sis DMJ would call it:

STEP ONE - DENIAL

DMeisterJ said:
Beyonce is a flop has-been who has failed to reach the milestones achieved by Rihanna in her comparatively young, moist and fruitful career.

STEP TWO - ANGER

DMeisterJ said:
I literally canNAWT at the HIVE being so steam-presseD and obSessed with Queen RIH, you can sit on DOZENS of electric chairs and kill yourselves because you are delusional, morbid and diseased. *gif*

STEP THREE - BARGAINING

DMeisterJ said:
BeyAWNce MAY have clocked a small handful of LOCAL album sales here and there, yes, but she has absolutely FAILED at selling a single COPY of her flop album at any Target store ANYWHERE across the nation, the very nation she was born and raised in. MEANWHILE, future Pope and current Pharoah Rihanna has been selling out stadiums upon stadiums of her massively existing worldwide tour, forever changing the course of history and this conversation.

STEP FOUR - DEPRESSION

DMeisterJ said:
Currently listening to Talk That Talk. Here's another picture of Rihanna walking on a carpet at an event from three months ago. What an icon.

STEP FIVE - ACCEPTANCE

DMeisterJ said:
I accept now that since my checks from RocNation have bounced I can finally admit to the fact that Rihanna exists as a courtesy from Beyonce herself, who created her in the Carter Lab using an old lace-front, a used diaphragm, and LaToya Luckett. [citation needed]

Royalan has wavered a number of times between depression (the day BEYONCE released) and bargaining (two days after BEYONCE released), but has sadly never made it to step five. She's a tough one to crack but I'm confident that she'll find her way to the end of the tunnel soon enough. #prayingforyou

I <3 u DMJ xoxo

royalan

when every person whose job it is to rate music for a living agrees that your fave is a middle of the road starlet with limited talent and musical ability who keeps releasing turgid pop sludge

that's when you KNOW you've made a mistake

I'd say that's a fairer criticism for someone who wasn't given the name "Voice of the Generation" by her industry.

If only we could all cling so tightly to a handful of Metacritic Approved "reviews."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom