• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT9| Too much shade can burn you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
New thread. New post.

He is alive
coffin-lost-death.gif

SaintZ

I just got home from work so I didn't say goodbye to the other threaD :(

Anyways...

avrilliewcf2h.gif

Love the smell of a new thread.

I can't at the messiness of the first page :ahh:

Hi there ^_^

Why hello!

Sorry I have not been around. I have now ascended to a higher plane of existence since 1D had the best selling WW album of last year and will be touring in venues 3x as big as the ones that "tour artists" like Gaga, Bey, and Rih slum in. (Forbes predicts it will end up in the top 10 tours of all time..... and it is April-October only.) Plus they are no longer 1 hit USA wonders.

I no longer feel the need to associate with the rif raf except on special occasions.

ifuvh5W2BX3BT.gif

<3

Please tell me about this 250k seat venue 1D is playing in this year.

For example (Fairly random assortment. I had only looked up the Netherlands dates before).

These are not exceptions. This is the norm. The only times 1D is not in a bigger stadium is when none is available.

Netherlands dates:
Bey - Ziggo Arena: 17,000 seats - 30k Total Tickets Sold
Rih - Ziggo Arena: 17,000 seats - 33k Total Tickets Sold
Gaga - Ziggo Arena: 17,000 seats - 26k Total Tickets Sold
1D - Amsterdam Arena: 53,000 seats - Two shows scheduled with 70-100k possible

Milan dates:
Bey - Mediolanum Forum: 10k seats - 10k Total Tickets Sold
Rih - N/A
Gaga - Mediolanum Forum: 10k seats - 10k Total Tickets Sold
1D - San Siro: 80k Seats - Two shows scheduled with 110-160k possible.

London dates:
Bey - O2 Arena: 20,000 seats - 97k Total Tickets Sold
Rih - O2 Arena: 20,000 seats - 95k Total Tickets Sold
Gaga - Twickenham Stadium: 82,000 seats - 101k Total Tickets Sold
1D - Wembley Stadium: 105,000 Seats - Three shows scheduled with 200-300k Possible

Atlanta:
Bey - N/A
Rih - Philips Arena: Seats 20k - 13k Total Tickets Sold
Gaga - N/A
1D - Georgia Dome: Seats 80k - One Show scheduled with 60-80k possible

Chicago:
Bey - United Center: Seats 23k - 14k Total Tickets Sold
Rih - United Center: Seats 23k - 16k Total Tickets Sold
Gaga - N/A (canceled)
1D - Soldier Field: Seats 63k - Two shows scheduled with 90-120k possible

LA Area:
Bey - Staples Center: Seats 20k - 28k Total Tickets Sold
Rih - Staples Center: Seats 20k - 14k Total Tickets Sold
Gaga - Staples Center: Seats 20k (Canceled)
1D - Rose Bowl: Seats 90k - Three shows scheduled with 150-210k possible

Sao Paulo - They are all using Estádio do Morumbi, but 1D have two shows..... while the hews only had one each.

Beware the scalding tea. They should be pushing 300-400 million if they add an Aus/Japan leg (they are the biggest western artists in Japan as well at the moment)

iQHaVT6cwa3gc.gif

Delio

Why hello!

Sorry I have not been around. I have now ascended to a higher plane of existence since 1D had the best selling WW album of last year and will be touring in venues 3x as big as the ones that "tour artists" like Gaga, Bey, and Rih slum in. (Forbes predicts it will end up in the top 10 tours of all time..... and it is April-October only.) Plus they are no longer 1 hit USA wonders.

I no longer feel the need to associate with the rif raf except on special occasions.

ifuvh5W2BX3BT.gif

<3

:) The Kings are doing quite well now.

royalan

The podcast, girls.

Lets do it.

Host it on the tumblr.

And get famous.

I need to sleep with Diplo before I'm 30.

Hey Botty.

Xtina should make a deal with 1D. They can give her 1/3 of their tour gross.... and they would still be the #1 tour of 2014 and Xtina would probably be #2.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The last ot was full of Judases. I hope you all can live with your actions and your boring low budget faves.

Partition

Banned
The last ot was full of Judases. I hope you all can live with your actions and your boring low budget faves.

I still stan her somewhere in my heart.

However the Little Bottoms as an entirety need to stop accepting her shit and demand more of their fave. Gaga's low quality output is the way it is because her fans have made her lazy. She no longer challenges herself artistically or creatively, because her fans don't need anything that good. You guys are fine with crap, therefore we get crap.

We are already on a flawless fresh start. The OT is amazing, nice work Cory. Waffles sis, good to hear from you :).

tumblr_mjup53E5It1r6qguso3_250.gif

This will be the start for the lessors to shine. I have faith they won't disappoint. Since Gaga is pretty much over, in terms of her era (for now), there's some good releases along the horizon. I'm hype!

Yoshiya

the GUY vid is life giving tbh. I'm as over gaga as the next gay but I don't know what all you bloodthirsty hoes expected her to release better than that

Vazra

the GUY vid is life giving tbh. I'm as over gaga as the next gay but I don't know what all you bloodthirsty hoes expected her to release better than that

Something of TFM era level of quality but Gaga trying to make it all herself doesn't work. Sure it had some beauty shots here and there but the place she used to shoot the video people call it poorly used, the lighting was overdone and there were moments where things could go to greatness but its edited poorly and erratic. Sure if you cut the G.U.Y MV you get a competent cute music video but the whole thing feels bloated with unecessary songs and images. The credits are too long and while I get she is trying to portray her life through the MV that shit was boring.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I still stan her somewhere in my heart.

However the Little Bottoms as an entirety need to stop accepting her shit and demand more of their fave. Gaga's low quality output is the way it is because her fans have made her lazy. She no longer challenges herself artistically or creatively, because her fans don't need anything that good. You guys are fine with crap, therefore we get crap.
Exactly this tbh. As long as the LMs pretend that there hasn't been a dip in quality in their fave's output this era they are just enabling more shoddy eras.

Peru

Visually I think Gaga should go back to scratch and find simpler, more crystallized ideas to work with. Maybe the same could be said for the whole campaign

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Exactly this tbh. As long as the LMs pretend that there hasn't been a dip in quality in their fave's output this era they are just enabling more shoddy eras.

The GUY video is the best video she's done since the TFM era though (maybe Judas holds up) and ARTPOP is better than BTW
There is a large difference between thinking this isn't her best era and proclaiming that she's done and creatively bankrupt like the majority of this thread do. I have never seen so many people turn on someone so quickly when they have done nothing wrong. It's like reverse bandwagon stanning, it's absurd.

Vazra

The GUY video is the best video she's done since the TFM era though (maybe Judas holds up) and ARTPOP is better than BTW
There is a large difference between thinking this isn't her best era and proclaiming that she's done and creatively bankrupt like the majority of this thread do. I have never seen so many people turn on someone so quickly when they have done nothing wrong. It's like reverse bandwagon stanning, it's absurd.

I never stanned ha so I've been consistent.

Nemesis_

I am STILL out as to whether or not I like ARTPOP better than BTW. I feel like the production is much tighter on Born This Way - and for some reason ARTPOP seems to be over too quickly and a lot of songs feel like they are missing verses (Aura and Swine are two that come to mind with so much blank space with just rhythm).

I am a huge fan of Gaga. I've bought M&G tickets for August. I don't think she's over. I don't think it's fair to ditch her just because she's not making music I want. I hated the first single from Born This Way but I didn't declare her over :|

But I think that the fact that I can't still work out whether I prefer ARTPOP to BTW means that maybe BTW is the better album. But BTW's lows are really damn low (Bad Kids, Fashion of his Love, The Queen) but the highs are absolutely sublime (Heavy Metal Lover, Highway Unicorn, Bloody Mary, Scheisse, Marry The Night to name a few).

It is so bizarre to see how I feel about the album roughly five months after it released. I hated Venus. I thought it was one of the worst songs that she has ever put out. Now I absolutely love it. I have kind of turned off from MANiCURE when I absolutely loved it from the iTunes Festival to release. I barely play Aura anymore. I listen to Fashion! HEAPS despite hating it too. It's just a weird album and my thoughts and opinions of it are constantly changing and evolving. It's very odd. No album has been like that for me, my opinion seems to be black or white.

I'll consider Gaga done and dusted when her tours fail to entertain me. Because even though I was kind of lukewarm towards the Born This Way album, the tour was beyond entertaining. Her stage for the artRAVE looks absolutely fantastic and reminds me of that "feeling" I had when she revealed the castle years ago.

I think Bill Werde summed it up pretty well with regards to her being succesful. I don't necessarily care if she is succesful - but if she isn't then budgets are cut and her productions and theatricality will suffer. That's what I don't want to happen. Clearly, despite her "flop" she's still managed to produce a video as elaborate as G.U.Y., which I'm happy to see, but yeah, I just hope this isn't the last of it.

As I've mentioned before though, I really want her working with established directors again

Good job with the OT cory. Bless.

The birth of the Clarkdaughter may take place during this OT.

bluJ2kz.jpg

Maybe not, though. Math is hard.
Yes, and then the next pop vocal sensation in the making can witness the scalping that Kellegend will give to the lessors when she releases her critically acclaimed chart topping album later this year. It will be magnificent.

Kii at Ron Paul.

If you have a bad aftertaste after Artpop get Natalia Kills "Trouble" to clean your soul.
Cleanse? Well, I see Millie has already vomitted on Natalia's album cover. If that's the kind of cleanse you are talking about, then no thanks.

ARTPOP is better than BTW
tumblr_m59zct36Ju1qk3ez8o1_250.gif

BTW had hype and Heavy Metal Lover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom