• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portland (OR) |OT|

Not me. It sucks now. Just a bunch of teenagers on shrooms and they crack the whip at 10.

Bummer (I was already thinking about canceling!). My roommate and I met some Japanese exchange students at a party two weeks ago, and they want us to come. Not a single one of us has lived here for more than a month.

Just drove my ass from Wisconsin the past four days but I'm finally here. Just got into town like three hours ago. Glad to be here. Ready to party.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Just drove my ass from Wisconsin the past four days but I'm finally here. Just got into town like three hours ago. Glad to be here. Ready to party.

Congratulations! I'm always up for hanging out at some bar and sharing road trip stories.

Not like I really know any places yet, but hey. :)

Congratulations! I'm always up for hanging out at some bar and sharing road trip stories.

Not like I really know any places yet, but hey. :)

Absolutely my man.

Ended up at Conga Club last night for the Prince tribute band and 80s night. Place was dead but the people who were there were great got done random old people's numbers. Staff there is absolutely great. And now I have a terrible hangover.

Hop is a girl. Her tag even says so.

I dont have a hangover. I only had one beverage. I would like to know where the cheapest happy hours are. 2-3$ for a wells drink would be ideal.

Hop is a girl. Her tag even says so.

I dont have a hangover. I only had one beverage. I would like to know where the cheapest happy hours are. 2-3$ for a wells drink would be ideal.

A large number of Portland bars have wells in that range for their happy hour.

Not to make this thread an ongoing huge plug for my newspaper (considering my last post about Burger Week) but we have an app for your phone called the Cocktail Compass. We're also publishing the print version of that pretty soon here.

I've been loading Happy Hours into this thing for the last 3 weeks, so my brain is kinda fried.

I'm trying to get it, but my phone has been acting up. I thought they were 3, but it seems like most bars I encounter are 5 now. when it's not happy hour, it's almost 10 for a drink!

The beer festival on the waterfront? I don't have the money.....
The art gallery scene from what I can gather is pretty sweet here in Portland. My girlfriend works for a artist here and runs her gallery and first Thursday event every month. Don't know much about it but it seems to be a pretty thriving scene.

Just going to throw this out there but I went to Little big Burger for the first time a week or two ago and loved it. I was pretty drunk at the time but it hit the spot.

Speaking of drinking wanted to say I'm psyched as fuck for brewfest! Performing at helium this weekend so can't go till sun since I get pretty hammered when ever I go, but this is one of my favorite events of the year here. Usually go a few days a year so am going to have to make up for that on Sunday. Anyone else going?

Considering all the troubles that have gone along with organizing it recently, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the Last Last Thursday.
I hope not. It is nice to walk around streets. They block them off, so there are no cars. Walking around on the sidewalks is just not the same experience.

I'm sorry I am absolutely down with LBGT culture as long as it doesn't hurt anybody, am I in trouble? I had some caffeine and I'm wiggin' out.

edit- I took it way too literally, my bad. Lol Hop

971706_346675395463645_1799286385_n.jpg

lake oswego swim park

A girl can be one of the guys. This is Portland.

My bad. On GAF I just always assume everyone is a guy.

Walked into Ground Kontrol and that place is sweet. All I really play is Ms. Pac-Man though and that's not exactly the hardest to find arcade. But man I was impressed with X-Men, Marble Madness, Virtua Cop, Donkey Kong, Mario Brothers, Turtles in Time, etc, etc.

Does anyone have a good place to get sun at? Friday I was walking around to find a place to just get lay out at and went by the waterfront and it's littered with hobo's and goose shit. Parks don't seem like a great option either. Ideal would be a place I could walk to, but would consider driving.

Moofers

No kidding? I came here from Appleton last month. 30 hours over 3 days. In the process of looking for work here now, but once I've got that covered I'm excited to explore the city with my wife.

We went to LittleBigBurger as well as Salt and Straw last week. S&S is no fuckin joke, people. The ice cream there is outta sight. LBB was pretty good too, though I don't dig on their ketchup at all.

Moofers

Oh yeah, is anyone from this thread heading up to PAX next month? I'm going on Saturday only. Going to drive up that morning, back late that night.

I would like to go to PAX if anybody has an extra ticket and wants to plug me in and hook me up. Ahahahah

You know what I mean. I think it sold out quick. Maybe next year?

Dartastic

Oh yeah, is anyone from this thread heading up to PAX next month? I'm going on Saturday only. Going to drive up that morning, back late that night.
I've got a Friday and a Monday ticket. Might have a Sat and Sun as well, but I'm not sure yet. Blargh.

Going in to town tonight for the soccer game at 7:30. It's the first time time I've been in since Last Thursday.
I got this weeks' Portland Mercury. Nothing caught my attention so if anyone wants to hang out (Or train me for employment.) sometime, just holler ok?

The run of towns starting with Astoria and moving south through Warrenton/Seaside/Cannon Beach is maybe my favorite place in all of Oregon.

Although Seaside is a bit of a shitshow when it's warm. Easily the most "touristy" of the above towns.

Astoria & Cannon Beach are the move.

MikeDown

Banned
The run of towns starting with Astoria and moving south through Warrenton/Seaside/Cannon Beach is maybe my favorite place in all of Oregon.

Although Seaside is a bit of a shitshow when it's warm. Easily the most "touristy" of the above towns.

Astoria & Cannon Beach are the move.

Seaside is touristy for me, Rockaway Beach, just south of Nahalem Bay State Park, though is great. Use to rent a house there during the summer for a week or so, not that many tourists and a great atmosphere.

My girlfriend and I are visiting your fair city at the end of the month. We have a pretty good list of what we want to do around Portland, but plan to get out to the coast for one day. Any recommendations? (We were planning on Canon Beach)

Cannon Beach is a good place, if it isn't terribly out of your way down in Florence there are some coastal sand dunes where you can ride/drive some dune buggies. Again if it isn't too far out of your way I highly recommend going to the South Beach Fish Market in Newport. The place is rundown and doesn't look that great, but the food they have to offer is fresh out of the ocean, it is delicious, they offer a wide range of meals.

First Thursday is wonderful! I'd highly recommend checking it out. Good for families, baby boomers, dogs and anyone who does not like last Thursday. Also a good way to stay dry.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Speakin' of burgers, my paper is sponsoring BURGER WEEK.

Basically, a bunch of crazy-ass, specially made burgers from a wide range of spots, for 5 bucks.

Like, for example, TILT's "The Big Tilt," which looks like this.

Reminding people of this, because I completely forgot until now I'm sitting in Brunch Box and the couple next to me picked up a copy of the Mercury and were all "oh. Heh. Burger week."

About to go HAM

Neo Member
My friends and I will be in Portland on the 9th-10th for a show, but we're going to leave the morning of the 10th after some breakfast.

Any recommendations for a relatively inexpensive place to get some choice breakfast?
So far I've been told to stop by the Screen Door.

My friends and I will be in Portland on the 9th-10th for a show, but we're going to leave the morning of the 10th after some breakfast.

Any recommendations for a relatively inexpensive place to get some choice breakfast?
So far I've been told to stop by the Screen Door.

Pine State Biscuits.

Sometimes Pine State gets up to like 45 minutes (which is still way too fucking long considering how many great breakfast spots there are in PDX with no real wait) but Screen Door is the absolute WORST. It's good food. Can't deny. But it's absolutely not worth waiting the length of a motion picture to eat it.

Especially not when City State is within walking distance

Top Bottom