• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post New Pics of Yourself 2013 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szu

Felt like taking a picture this morning.

69BE9DDD-43F2-4325-ADC1-C1F3216C3F8B-699-000000538A98D8BC_zpsd915d0b8.jpg

I need a good shave and haircut.

Damn, you look chipper.

Meier

Tash

He's saying you look a lot like Skyler White from Breaking Bad. Skyler is not a particularly well-liked character and has a stink face a lot.. so he's saying you look like her but not when she's being obnoxious, hah.

totoro'd looking very nice as always.

p.s.
Studio Ghibli DVDs and Blu-rays are on sale today on Amazon for anyone who doesn't have em all! http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=035EQ8CMG6C5HV7504VE

K, wanted to make sure Anna Gunn was the one referenced...and that's an insult. She is like 44 :p and an annoying character to boot..

K, wanted to make sure Anna Gunn was the one referenced...and that's an insult. She is like 44 :p and an annoying character to boot..

wasn't meant as an insult, you just have a similar facial/bone/whatever structure imo, +that's not a bad thing :D also yes, she's annoying, that's why I said you don't reflect that aspect

Tash

Did you see that Howl's Moving Castle and My Neighbor Totoro come out on blu-ray next Tuesday? Our wallets. :(

I know 21st of May! Already have them on my list. And seriously yes the money will hurt my wallet but its totally worth it.

Major lack of general knowledge and culture, mister.

No, I've heard of them and saw clips of spirited away and stuff but I never actually watched them. I'm just hoping the hype doesn't let me down is all.

:O

You are in for such a treat. Which ones did you end up getting?

All the blurays (I think there was 5?), I'm holding off on the dvds since I'm assuming most will become blurays eventually.

Pau

No, I've heard of them and saw clips of spirited away and stuff but I never actually watched them. I'm just hoping the hype doesn't let me down is all.

All the blurays (I think there was 5?), I'm holding off on the dvds since I'm assuming most will become blurays eventually.
Damn, that's very trusting of you! I recommend watching them in the order they were made: Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky, Whisper of the Heart, Ponyo, and then Arrietty.

Nauiscaa and Castle in the Sky are both fantasy epics. Whisper of the Heart is a slice of life type of story about growing up. Ponyo is a young children's film, but absolutely gorgeous so that shouldn't keep you from enjoying it if you know the main audience. I can't comment on Arrietty because I've yet to see it. :(

Damn, that's very trusting of you! I recommend watching them in the order they were made: Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky, Whisper of the Heart, Ponyo, and then Arrietty.

Nauiscaa and Castle in the Sky are both fantasy epics. Whisper of the Heart is a slice of life type of story about growing up. Ponyo is a young children's film, but absolutely gorgeous so that shouldn't keep you from enjoying it if you know the main audience. I can't comment on Arrietty because I've yet to see it. :(

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I've heard enough that they were good and I've bought everything else disney has been releasing on bluray so why not. I'm interested in what all the hype is about. I watched the clip for Arrietty on amazon and seems a little weird. I'm curious how it plays out.

ReiGun

This thread seems like a cool place to hang. Here's a picture of myself as tribute.

941474_10151393813061487_1501663828_n.jpg

(I actually hate taking pictures of myself. lol)

Interesting, I'll keep that in mind. I've heard enough that they were good and I've bought everything else disney has been releasing on bluray so why not. I'm interested in what all the hype is about. I watched the clip for Arrietty on amazon and seems a little weird. I'm curious how it plays out.
I liked it.
Sadly it and The Cat Returns are the only ones I have seen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom