• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PR) Nintendo Delivers a Bundle of Badass - Prime Bundle

Yes! You have registered the following 12 games:

Wario Ware, Inc.: Mega Microgame$
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
1080 Avalanche
Classic NES Series: Donkey Kong
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Party 5
Pokémon Colosseum
Classic NES Series: Excitebike
Classic NES Series: Super Mario Bros.

got 1080 and Pokemon from Blockbuster. Don't bother writing the codes down, just take the damn thing (the code, that is).

Good question about MGS:TTS - why is there no code in there? There was a code in FF:CC. Is it because Nintendo published FF:CC and not MGS:TTS?

Scoobert

Aww...video store around here sucks. :( Thanks Blockbuster!!

I need codes and I doubt I'll get them. I'll miss you Prime Bonus Disc :(

Mrbob

Scoobert said:
Aww...video store around here sucks. :( Thanks Blockbuster!!

I need codes and I doubt I'll get them. I'll miss you Prime Bonus Disc :(

Suck it up, buy a MP Gamecube bundle pack! Collect. That is what Nintendo fans do.

NWO

aoi tsuki said:
Hey, Nintendo, how about just selling the damn bonus disc? Giving the bonus disc to people who register is a good start, but five titles is a bit much. Even at the peak of my gaming i wouldn't have all of the registerable games.

They are selling it for whatever a subscription to Nintendo Power costs.

Jeez Nintendo gives people 3 different ways to get the disk and people still complain. If they just sold it for $10 everyone would be bitching because they should be getting it for free and that Nintendo should ship it overnight so that they can play it tomorrow.

So you either:

Buy the Bundle
Buy Nintendo Power
Have 5 games out of the 20+ they list
Or go around looking for codes like the rest of us

aoi tsuki

NWO said:
They are selling it for whatever a subscription to Nintendo Power costs.

Jeez Nintendo gives people 3 different ways to get the disk and people still complain. If they just sold it for $10 everyone would be bitching because they should be getting it for free and that Nintendo should ship it overnight so that they can play it tomorrow.

So you either:

Buy the Bundle
Buy Nintendo Power
Have 5 games out of the 20+ they list
Or go around looking for codes like the rest of us
If Nintendo wants to bundle it with a NP sub, why not offer demo discs every month like the other official mags? Even a bimonthly or quarterly disc would be great. i can't even remember the last time i read NP, and i haven't had a subscription since 1990.

Nintendo's consistently been offering scraps when it comes to demo discs, and i'm just fucking sick of it. They've always been like this with demos, though at least now they're available to the public (and packaged with new systems), but they're still behind Sony and Microsoft.

As it stands now, i'll hit up Blockbuster (other video store had ten GC games total, most crap) before i head into work. If i don't find any games at BB, i'm simply not getting the demo disc. The thing is, i already plan to get MP2, but if i were a casual or just out of gaming for a while, i may've missed getting MP2 because i hadn't heard of or played it.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I got my 5 codes in. I still have 3 codes left that I can give out. I'm only gonna give out codes to people who only need 2-3 codes for the deal. I don't want to give codes out to people who don't have any registered, just because. I have a code for each of the following games:

Pokemon Colosseum (TAKEN)
Wario Ware Inc Mega Party Games (TAKEN)
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords (TAKEN)

I'm only giving 1 code to each person. The next 3 people to request a code will get one. State the game code that you need and I'll PM. No guarantees that the codes will work, but I'm certain that they haven't been used

shit. this is annoying. I buy enough of their shit. I deserve 10 of those damn discs. >:|
I don't want Nintendo Power and I have all the games I want off their lame fucking list too.

what's it gonna be next time? Register a system and 10 games for a demo? They're starting to piss me off.

Code_Link

clipunderground said:
shit. this is annoying. I buy enough of their shit. I deserve 10 of those damn discs. >:|
I don't want Nintendo Power and I have all the games I want off their lame fucking list too.

what's it gonna be next time? Register a system and 10 games for a demo? They're starting to piss me off.

You already have those games? Why don't you register them, then? What's the problem?

AniHawk

clipunderground said:

What do you have registered at the moment? And why the hell DON'T you have at least Metroid Zero Mission, Four Swords Adventures, MKDD, and Mario & Luigi?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't have any codes. :(
My Gamecube games are Viewtiful Joe, REmake, Star Fox Adventures, Metroid Prime, Rogue Leader, Ocarina of Time, Timesplitters 2, and Wind Waker. Buying enough used games from Gamezone would cost about $100, which I could just buy the bundle with. I didn't buy Mario Kart or Crystal Chronicles, I guess its my own fault.

Oh well, maybe next time.

AniHawk said:
What do you have registered at the moment? And why the hell DON'T you have at least Metroid Zero Mission, Four Swords Adventures, MKDD, and Mario & Luigi?

I have Four Swords, Double Dash, and 1080. Im planning on getting Crystal Chronicals. As for gba games, I don't play my handheld enough to actually consider buying games for it, so I usually borrow my friends stuff. Eventually, when I get a Gbplayer, I'll start picking up some of the top tier gba games. Seriously though. WTF? I have over 60 Gamecube games, a GC, GBA, BB adapter, 4 memory cards, 2 wavebirds, 3 regular controllers, etc.. Just give me the fucking bonus disc damnit! Why should I be sucked dry to get a demo?! >:|

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Sysgen said:
I just scored a like new Gamecube off of Ebay for $65.00

-Like new Gamecube
-2 controllers
-2 controller extensions
-Metroid Prime
-Super Monkey Ball.

I would say my deal is way better.

Second-hand hardware and none of the extra Metroid stuff, I'm failing to see the 'way better'. I'd gladly pay $100 for a new Gamcube. Hell, the price difference is worth it for the Prime 2 demo alone in my eyes...

NWO

aoi tsuki said:
If Nintendo wants to bundle it with a NP sub, why not offer demo discs every month like the other official mags?

Nintendo doesn't want to bundle it with a Nintendo Power subcription. They want to make it attractive to people who can't or won't get the demo the other way. Its suppose to end bitching like this but I guess it still fails.

Getting a bonus disk and 12 magazines for $19.99 or $24.99 or whatever the hell the magazine costs is more attractive to people than buying a demo disk for $19.99 in the stores.

Memles

Wario64 said:
I still have a Pokemon Col. code that hasn't been taken

I'll take it.

As a note, though...I didnt' receive a card or number for Wario Ware: Mega Party Games. Did I get jipped as it isn't a first run edition, or am I not looking in the right place or something?

Even if I grab that Pokemon, I'm still one short barring a miraculous discovery of a Wario Ware code somewhere in there.

Sysgen

I just bought a few games. Where do you get the codes? I don't want the disk so maybe I could help someone out :)

Spike

For everyone bitching that they can't get it but have so many other games, why don't you just call Nintendo and ask them for one? Tell them that you have so many of their games and stuff and ask if they could possibly send you one. Nintendo has the best customer service out of the three competitors, I'm sure you wouldn't lose anything by asking.

1-800-255-3700

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Spike said:
For everyone bitching that they can't get it but have so many other games, why don't you just call Nintendo and ask them for one? Tell them that you have so many of their games and stuff and ask if they could possibly send you one. Nintendo has the best customer service out of the three competitors, I'm sure you wouldn't lose anything by asking.

1-800-255-3600

Hah, that's not a bad idea at all

Memles

Sysgen said:
I just bought a few games. Where do you get the codes? I don't want the disk so maybe I could help someone out :)

If they're Nintendo published titles, then there should be an insert that has the number on it.

And I'll take one, if you've got it.

Sysgen said:

Please do! I'm only one away from getting it.

Thank you bachikarn. You rock :)

Code_Link

Sysgen said:

In the same place the intruction booklet is kept, you can find a two slips of paper, one with the "Warnings" and stuff, and the other one with the PIN number.

And yes, I could use one! thanks! :D

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
You know, I just realized something. For $100, you get this disc, a console, and one of the best games released this gen in Metroid Prime. For the same amount of money, you can get this disc and 5 20-25 year old games, with nothing to play them on. That is whack, yo.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They need to use this My Nintendo thing for REAL prizes (like the stuff they're giving out to people in Japan) and sell demo discs seperately in stores for $5-$10. Or maybe it a pre-order incentive.

I mean, isn't a demo suppose to persuade people to buy the game who are on the fence? Why limit the demo disc to new owners and loyal Nintendo fans?

Snagged this PIN from a used copy of Four Swords at work. First come, first serve.

J6L - 4PG9 - Y4FD - X3R

Might have already been used.

Memles

Wario64 said:
They need to use this My Nintendo thing for REAL prizes (like the stuff they're giving out to people in Japan) and sell demo discs seperately in stores for $5-$10. Or maybe it a pre-order incentive.

I mean, isn't a demo suppose to persuade people to buy the game who are on the fence? Why limit the demo disc to new owners and loyal Nintendo fans?

Definitely...The Mario Controller is what I want, damnit. Seems like something they should really consider doing, in my view. Or start using a point system per registered game/system. That way, they could make it retroactive, and people could start claiming prizes.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
BobbyRobby said:
Snagged this PIN from a used copy of Four Swords at work. First come, first serve.

J6L - 4PG9 - Y4FD - X3R

Might have already been used.

I've taken it, thank you :)

2 more to go

Top Bottom