• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PR) Nintendo Delivers a Bundle of Badass - Prime Bundle

ge-man

Member
Wario64 said:
They need to use this My Nintendo thing for REAL prizes (like the stuff they're giving out to people in Japan) and sell demo discs seperately in stores for $5-$10. Or maybe it a pre-order incentive.

I mean, isn't a demo suppose to persuade people to buy the game who are on the fence? Why limit the demo disc to new owners and loyal Nintendo fans?

Exactly. Fortunately, I have more than enough games registered so I'm fine. But if this was meant to pull in causal gamers, the plan fails miserably. Who wants to subscribe to NP these days? And how are new GC customers going to score a disc if they are forced to buy 5 full price games--at the very least they should've did it like the Zelda promotion and limited it to 2. Better yet, make that a system and a game--that's much more resonable.

The MyNintendo system needs to be reworked a bit. We're getting shafted on demo discs while Japanese gamers are getting truly sweet shit like those Mario and Luigi controllers.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Yay, I just went to the website and clicked the button and I'm in. Hurrah, we finally get something other than the Zelda disc.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
TekunoRobby said:
Yay, I just went to the website and clicked the button and I'm in. Hurrah, we finally get something other than the Zelda disc.

If you're already in, got some spared PIN numbers to share perhaps? :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I think the only cool bonus that I can remember is Nintendo handing out free beanies for people who registered 1080 Avalanche. That was given out without an announcement too...if they gave out prizes like that for every other game, that would be pretty cool

Memles

Member
I only need one more to grab this...if anyone can help out, it would be most appreciated.

I have:

Pokemon Colosseum
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario Golf: Advance Tour

kiryogi

Banned
It's annoying how in the US, only Nintendo games have codes. While in Japan, Nintendo or not, they'll all have a code (As I've given them all to John so far...) Is it that Nintendo handles distribution in japan or is it something else? XD

Deg

Banned
kiryogi said:
It's annoying how in the US, only Nintendo games have codes. While in Japan, Nintendo or not, they'll all have a code (As I've given them all to John so far...) Is it that Nintendo handles distribution in japan or is it something else? XD

Really?

In Europe all Nintendo published games have codes. Since the GC launch.

Nos_G

Member
I only really bought some of the games to get into the Zelda's Collector Disc dealie.. so this is such a nice extra. Yay.

Fularu

Banned
Here are the games I registered.. if someone has a spare code for me thank you :p

(btw I purchased those games! :p)

- Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles
- Zelda Four Swords Adventures
- Mario Kart Double Dash
- Mario And Luigi superstar Saga

kiryogi

Banned
Shiggy said:
I thought in Japan the codes are also only in the Nintendo games
Yup! From Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, Vara noir roses, four swords, shikigami2, to rockman x command mission, i've all gotten codes. XD

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
If anyone wants to give me one code that's not from
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, or Pokémon Colosseum, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Jumpman

Member
Just a word to the wise: This won't be Nintendo's last demo disk offer, and yes the next one might require 10 registered games. So if you like this offer, keep buying and registering Nintendo published products, so you won't be in a tough position next year when they offer a playable demo of the new Zelda.

Jumpman said:
Just a word to the wise: This won't be Nintendo's last demo disk offer, and yes the next one might require 10 registered games. So if you like this offer, keep buying and registering Nintendo published products, so you won't be in a tough position next year when they offer a playable demo of the new Zelda.
o_O

I wish NoA would make better use of this registering system... but it's nice that I'm getting this disc simply by buying games I would have gotten anyway. Mine is reserved for shipment, yay.

Nos_G

Member
Jumpman said:
Just a word to the wise: This won't be Nintendo's last demo disk offer, and yes the next one might require 10 registered games. So if you like this offer, keep buying and registering Nintendo published products, so you won't be in a tough position next year when they offer a playable demo of the new Zelda.

As a multi console owner, the sole purpose of my GC is to play first party games... so I guess I'll be getting free discs by default...

Seriously though, apart from a minority of exceptional third party software, most of the games I buy will be Ninty developed games. I'm sure the same applies to most of you.

I had just enough games to cover it:

Mario Kart DD
Mario & Luigi (both bought on the same day for the Zelda disc, but much enjoyed beyond that)
Metroid: Zero Mission
Four Swords Adventure
Mario vs Donkey Kong

thanks for letting us know about the offer!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I own a PS2 and a GCN. I currently own 59 GCN games and 58 PS2 games. (According to my IGN List.) Don't make stupid assumptions, please.

Nos_G

Member
Mejilan said:
I own a PS2 and a GCN. I currently own 59 GCN games and 58 PS2 games. (According to my IGN List.) Don't make stupid assumptions, please.

From the way you state that, it seems you are a tad bitter about the situation. It is okay. Life goes on.

And as for the latter part of your statement... sticks and stones my friend.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Bitter? Why would I be bitter? I'm pleased as punch about almost all of the games I own. For the record, I wasn't calling you stupid, just the assumption you made. Broad generalizations like that are baseless... and can easily be misconstrued as flame bait.

Memles

Member
My problem is that too many of the Ninty-Developed games haven't been released at the right time for me...in fact, the wrong time. I have 27 games, and I only have ONE GameCube game actually registered that I bought.

Any word on Wario Ware: Mega Party Games? I picked this up recently, but was given no code. Was wondering whether or not I should have...seems like it should have had one.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Wario Ware does have a code...you got scewed. Go bitch at them, 1-800-255-3700 :p (I have that number memorized, crazy aint it)

NWO

Member
Jumpman said:
Just a word to the wise: This won't be Nintendo's last demo disk offer, and yes the next one might require 10 registered games. So if you like this offer, keep buying and registering Nintendo published products, so you won't be in a tough position next year when they offer a playable demo of the new Zelda.

Well you have:

Metroid Prime 2
Paper Mario 2
Pikmin 2
Starfox 2

all coming out this year so it shouldn't be tough to hit 10 games by the time the new Zelda comes out.

Memles

Member
Wario64 said:
Wario Ware does have a code...you got scewed. Go bitch at them, 1-800-255-3700 :p (I have that number memorized, crazy aint it)

Yeah...I have a severe phone phobia, so I sent them off an email. I'm pretty sure the same effect can be reached...I've had some success with bitching emails in the last few weeks.

Vargas

Member
I just registered the last couple of games needed to get to five in total. I knew Pokemon Colosseum would come in handy eventually.

GAR!!! I have 5 games but can't find the GBA boxes for M+L and M:ZM.

Luckily, if all is lost, I have friends with MP5 and CR. IT WILL BE MINE!!!

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Damn it! I'm want to register my games but I forgot my "mynintendo" password. I requested that they send me a new one and it says that I shoud receive it in an hour but that was 5 hours ago. I've requested it a few more times since then and still nothing. Is it working for anyone else?

Jumpman

Member
NWO said:
Well you have:

Metroid Prime 2
Paper Mario 2
Pikmin 2
Starfox 2

all coming out this year so it shouldn't be tough to hit 10 games by the time the new Zelda comes out.

You are correct sir. But that won't stop people from complaining about these deals in the future. They'll say, "WTF, 10 games just for a stupid demo disk? How can Nintendo expect me to buy 10 games, just for this."

Meier

Member
I cant believe there are so many people w/o the following:

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Metroid: Zero Mission
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Mario Golf: Advance Tour

Thanks Nintendo!

Jumpman said:
You are correct sir. But that won't stop people from complaining about these deals in the future. They'll say, "WTF, 10 games just for a stupid demo disk? How can Nintendo expect me to buy 10 games, just for this."

Bah, this is but one option, one that rewards the avid Nintendo consumer. I'm sure there will also be future console bundles, NP subscription bonuses, and for those that aren't interested in any of the three main options, there's always eBay and stupid retail outlets.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
:( I'm one code short.

Stupid Blockbuster, removed all the inserts. If only SMB3, MGS:TTS, or FE came with the codes... I'd be set. Maybe they'll give away the demo at Camp Hyrule.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This is one way that Nintendo is stupid, they make promotional stuff and then charge you for it. I thought the point of promotion was supposed to be free stuff to let people know about your new game? Oh no, supporting them isn't good enough, you need to buy the exact games they tell you to as well. Sony sends me demo discs all the time and lets me beta test their games.

Sony +1
Nintendo -1

Dice said:
This is one way that Nintendo is stupid, they make promotional stuff and then charge you for it. I thought the point of promotion was supposed to be free stuff to let people know about your new game? Oh no, supporting them isn't good enough, you need to buy the exact games they tell you to as well. Sony sends me demo discs all the time and lets me beta test their games.

Sony +1
Nintendo -1

Do Sony let you play a demo of Metroid Prime 2? I THINK NOT!!

BuddyC

Member
To: Thread
From: BuddyC
Subject: You're making my brain bleed out from my nose.

kickhorse.jpg

Friend

Member
I may have to get a gamecube now. Are the newer GCs progressive scan enabled? I heard they took some componenet out to lower manufacturing costs.

mattx5

Member
Argh, anyone wanna send 3 keys my way? I don't own a GBA, otherwise, those 3 keys would be mine easily (Yeah, I know, I know. But I am getting the DS ;))

Friend said:
I may have to get a gamecube now. Are the newer GCs progressive scan enabled? I heard they took some componenet out to lower manufacturing costs.

Wasn't that only in Japan?

Damn, I only have FF:CC, MK:DD and M&L:SS registered. Why the hell does SMB3 doesn't have a pin?

If anyone is kind enough to donate a PIN... ;-)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Super Mario Bros 3 came out before the My Nintendo crap was up. Anything before October 2003 doesn't have a pin #

cvxfreak

Member
Registration = Rewards!

You've registered your Nintendo GameCube and five games, now reap
the rewards and get the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc! This
highly anticipated sequel won't be available until November, but
you can be the first to get a sneak peek as Samus ventures into
the planet Aether, a world torn between dimensions of light and darkness.

Just let us know that you want to receive this awesome reward. It's easy,
but act now because supplies are limited! Just go to
http://www.nintendo.com/metroidprime2.jsp, log in and choose "Yes!"

Hurry, you don't want to miss this amazing offer!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.

They emailed me, yay.

Thank you!

You have successfully reserved your copy of the Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Bonus Disc!

Shipping will begin on or after August 20, 2004. Please allow up to two weeks for delivery. You will receive an email when your disc has shipped.

To help ensure delivery, make sure your address information is current in your My Nintendo profile

Yay

Top Bottom