• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PR) Nintendo Delivers a Bundle of Badass - Prime Bundle

golem

Member
Friend said:
I may have to get a gamecube now. Are the newer GCs progressive scan enabled? I heard they took some componenet out to lower manufacturing costs.
only in japan, here you have to buy a component cable online from nintendo (not aware of anyone else who makes it)

OMFG

A THIRD GAMECUBE ON THE WAY WOOHOOOO

I've been waiting for an excuse to buy a 3rd one and give the one I'm using now to my younger sis.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet my disc is reserved I got my GF's WarioWare code :)

The metroid cube doesn't have a cool alternate faceplate does it?

EDIT:
To: Thread
From: BuddyC
Subject: You're making my brain bleed out from my nose.

kickhorse.jpg
Isn't the saying "Don't LOOK a gift horse in the mouth"?

Alcibiades

Member
will stores get in trouble for selling these before the 11th if we receive them?

The Best Buy store I work at has 44 on order (don't know if we will get any more), and I imagine we'll get them before our store date of Aug. 15th...

BuddyC

Member
scola said:
Isn't the saying "Don't LOOK a gift horse in the mouth"?

Either or.

Don't kick a gift horse in the mouth - 35,000 results on Google.com

Don't look a gift hose in the mouth - 151,000 results

I need 1 more code! Anyone got a code to spare? I already have Mario Party 5, Metroid Zero Mission, Mario Vs Donkey Kong, and Mario & Luigi.

NWO

Member
Dice said:
This is one way that Nintendo is stupid, they make promotional stuff and then charge you for it.

WTF are you talking about?

I got the Zelda Bonus Disk and the Metroid Bonus Disk for free and so did thousands of other people.

Are you brain dead or don't get the idea of a buyers reward program?

IF YOU DON'T BUY THE SHIT THAT THEY WANT THEN YOUR NOT GOING TO GET THE STUFF FOR FREE. The same thing happens for airlines and those sub places where you buy 10 subs and get 1 for free and buyer's clubs.

The only people bitching about not getting this stuff from Nintendo are the people who don't buy Nintendo shit and the trolls at IGN and those people don't deserve to be getting stuff for free since its suppose to reward people that are loyal to Nintendo.

And you people are probably the same people who go fucking gaga over those buy 1 get 1 free deals at the supermarket. GUESS WHAT THAT FREE SHIT AIN'T FREE EITHER!

ge-man

Member
NWO said:
WTF are you talking about?

I got the Zelda Bonus Disk and the Metroid Bonus Disk for free and so did thousands of other people.

Are you brain dead or don't get the idea of a buyers reward program?

IF YOU DON'T BUY THE SHIT THAT THEY WANT THEN YOUR NOT GOING TO GET THE STUFF FOR FREE. The same thing happens for airlines and those sub places where you buy 10 subs and get 1 for free and buyer's clubs.

The only people bitching about not getting this stuff from Nintendo are the people who don't buy Nintendo shit and the trolls at IGN and those people don't deserve to be getting stuff for free since its suppose to reward people that are loyal to Nintendo.

And you people are probably the same people who go fucking gaga over those buy 1 get 1 free deals at the supermarket. GUESS WHAT THAT FREE SHIT AIN'T FREE EITHER!

While I don't agree with Dice's reasoning, I do think MyNintendo is not achieving its potential. I easily have more than enough pins, but even I think releasing a demo this way is weak. The demos should be widely available for purchase while the club should be offering more collectibles like a Metroid face plate or something of that nature. A demo doesn't feel terribly rewarding when other developers release them regularily and offer them through a broader form of distribution.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
BuddyChrist83 said:
Either or.

Don't kick a gift horse in the mouth - 35,000 results on Google.com

Don't look a gift hose in the mouth - 151,000 results

Why thank you sir.

Memles

Member
Damn Nintendo. They're telling me to now send the UPC Code from my Wario Ware: MPG to them.

The problem, of course, I'm across the continent and in another country. I don't quite feel like mutilating the back cover, either. Considering the trouble I'd have to put myself through to do this, I can honestly say that I am pissed. I received two fucking "Subscribe to Nintendo Power" bullshit flyers instead, and it's screwing me over.

So, in other words, can someone either pass a code over for me to shove in Nintendo's face, or suggest an alternate course of action not involving the telephone?

Ristamar

Member
Memles said:
Damn Nintendo. They're telling me to now send the UPC Code from my Wario Ware: MPG to them.

The problem, of course, I'm across the continent and in another country. I don't quite feel like mutilating the back cover, either. Considering the trouble I'd have to put myself through to do this, I can honestly say that I am pissed. I received two fucking "Subscribe to Nintendo Power" bullshit flyers instead, and it's screwing me over.

So, in other words, can someone either pass a code over for me to shove in Nintendo's face, or suggest an alternate course of action not involving the telephone?

Usually a photocopy of the UPC will work. I've used copies for mail-in rebates and encountered no trouble. I think companies understand most people prefer to keep their case covers intact.

Memles

Member
Ristamar said:
Usually a photocopy of the UPC will work. I've used copies for mail-in rebates and encountered no trouble. I think companies understand most people prefer to keep their case covers intact.

As luck would have it, by spanning of three message boards with my "Brother, can you spare a PIN" promotion paid off, and I grabbed myself a Four Sword PIN, thus giving me my fifth game.

By the time it got to Redmond, I'd be past Aguust 20th...now I have to deal with where to send it. I'll be at University by the time it gets here. Just got to figure out what my address will be, I guess.

IJoel

Member
Ristamar said:
FF:CC PIN has been claimed, the MK one is still up for grabs.

I own MK... I wonder if I could register another MK pin. If this is the case, I'd love to have it. I only need 1 more pin and I'll be good for the demo disc.

Ristamar

Member
IJoel said:
I own MK... I wonder if I could register another MK pin. If this is the case, I'd love to have it. I only need 1 more pin and I'll be good for the demo disc.

AFAIK, you can only have one copy of the game registered.

Anyway, the PINs are all gone for now, but if I get more soon I'll post a notice here.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The new Brooklyn Target (Flatbush and Atlantic) currently has these bundles in stock. I saw about a dozen of them when I visited it for the first time today.

aoi tsuki

Member
After raiding Blockbuster and FYE, i managed to snag a couple of codes. i'm still going to write Nintendo and recommend they modify their program with better items, a point system, or at least offer demos at a fee. If you feel burnt by this offer, regardless of whether you got a disc or not, i recommend doing the same.

Oh man, could someone help me? I'm still one PIN short and I can't go to a blockbuster or something like it because I live in Costa Rica.

So far I have Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario & Luigi and Crystal Chronicles.

Top Bottom