• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREMATURE EJACULA-TON: PS3 delayed until November 2006 in Japan?

UNLESS YOU ARE POSTING PICS TAKEN AT THE EVENT, CAN YOU PLEASE FUCKING LAY OFF OF THE GOOGLE IMAGE SEARCH SHIT THAT JUST FILLS EACH PAGE WITH SLOW-LOADING CLUTTER?

we'll all have fun with the photoshops later, let's keep focused on the real news for now

Liquid

Banned
all aboard SS Sony!!!! destination...PARADISE!!!

cruise-ship-in-port.quarter.jpg

for more info go here! http://www.zombo.com

lei-orchid-c.jpg

golem

He's expected to announce the release dates for the PS3 in all three major territories (our sources indicate October in Japan and November in the U.S.), reveal a bunch of new PS3 titles, and discuss a major new firmware upgrade for the PSP. S
1up sources?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jeez, this is ridiculous. I though the board wouldn't be super slow like this since it's almost 2 bloody AM... Don't you people have jobs or something to go to tomorrow :p

DMczaf

PSP will get a videophone in Fall and PSP EyeToy will be released.

Hot Shot Golf GPS is also scheduled. Macromedia Flash will be supported in PSP by the next firmware update.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
AAAAAAAARRRREEEEEEE

YYOOOOOOOUUUUUU

RRRRRRRRRRRREADYYYYYYYYYY?????!!!!!

He's expected to announce the release dates for the PS3 in all three major territories (our sources indicate October in Japan and November in the U.S.), reveal a bunch of new PS3 titles, and discuss a major new firmware upgrade for the PSP. Stay tuned for more updates in the next few minutes.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
"PSP will get a videophone in Fall and PSP EyeToy will be released.
Hot Shot Golf GPS is also scheduled. Macromedia Flash will be supported in PSP by the next firmware update."

From one at beyond3d

Marconelly said:
Jeez, this is ridiculous. I though the board wouldn't be super slow like this since it's almost 2 bloody AM... Don't you people have jobs or something to go to tomorrow :p

I have an essay due tommorow. Screw you guys. :lol

Marconelly said:

My excuse? I'm still working on a shitty proposal! Thanks Microsoft Word!

mj1108

Marconelly said:

Sleep is for wimps.

Jonnyram

It's all PSP at the moment:
- videophone in autumn
- MinGol GPS
- Eyetoy
- Flash support with next update
- Mem.Stick boot support in autumn

Razoric

Banned
He's expected to announce the release dates for the PS3 in all three major territories (our sources indicate October in Japan and November in the U.S.), reveal a bunch of new PS3 titles, and discuss a major new firmware upgrade for the PSP. Stay tuned for more updates in the next few minutes.

EVERYONE OWNED????????????

Marconelly said:

Well actually I do....but clearly PS3 is destroying my sense of priority.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Are they holding that from the same place as the last Playstation Meeting? I remember getting really shitty phone reception out of there so it might be hard to get live updates as it occurs unless there's a "runner" or some shit

golem

Continuing his brief intro during today's PlayStation 3 business briefing in Japan, Ken Kutaragi went on to quell rumors about a PS2 price drop as the company plans to continue selling it at its current price of $149 for some time.

Being that 32% of US homes have the system, as well as 41% in Japan and 33% in the UK, along with the ever-increasing sales of those staggering numbers, the company sees no reason to cut the price at this point. Kutaragi expects that the electronics giant will ship over 10 million PlayStation 2 systems in 2006.
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/696/696049p1.html

Sho Nuff

Banned
Jonnyram said:
- videophone in autumn
- MinGol GPS
- Eyetoy

Blegh

Well, it can't be any worse than the last conference where their PSP software showing was nothing short of embarrassing (showing Smackdown to the Japanese press...er yea right)

Marconelly said:

US centric? Some of us are at work!

Duderz

Banned
Jonnyram said:
- videophone in autumn
- MinGol GPS
- Eyetoy

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT PSP RIGHT NOW SONY WE WANT PS3 AHHHH GIVEITTOME

Amir0x

Banned
They're gonna keep the PS2 at 149.99 "for quite sometime"?

It is FAR time to drop the price on this shit. This says to me they're continuing to keep it at this price just to offset the losses that are gonna come from PS3 launch. Terrible move, as PS2 at 129.99 or 99.99 would have been a huge weapon to combat Revolution, 360, etc...

MrDaravon

Amir0x said:

It is FAR time to drop the price on this shit. This says to me they're continuing to keep it at this price just to offset the losses that are gonna come from PS3 launch. Terrible move, as PS2 at 129.99 or 99.99 would have been a huge weapon to combat Revolution, 360, etc...

If they can still move large numbers of systems at $149, I don't blame them.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Jonnyram said:

???

What do they mean ? FW Updates already boot from Memory Stick and ... uhm... they probably mean game demo's and they will probably tie it with their re-launched Connect service...

It was almost sounding like a path towards a HomeBrew SDK, but likely the only things that will be able to boot from Memory Stick in addition to the FW updates are AES secured game demos and software Sony releases.

dyls

I'm not sure how Eyetoy will work for a portable. A camera attachment sure, but the Eyetoy requires free hands. Perhaps it will come with some sort of stand so you can put it down and humiliate yourself correctly.

Sho Nuff

Banned
You know, all those PSP gadgets are great and all but the Japanese market REALLY WOULD LIKE SOME GOOD GAMES TO PLAY (Syphon Filter and Daxter don't cut it for this market)

Amir0x said:

If they miss holiday 2006 and keep PS3 at $150 they are fucking dumb.

Johnas

Amir0x said:

If Revo comes in at $199, they'll probably reconsider and drop it to $129 or even $99.

Top Bottom