• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREMATURE EJACULA-TON: PS3 delayed until November 2006 in Japan?

Doube D

Amir0x said:
They're gonna keep the PS2 at 149.99 "for quite sometime"?

It is FAR time to drop the price on this shit. This says to me they're continuing to keep it at this price just to offset the losses that are gonna come from PS3 launch. Terrible move, as PS2 at 129.99 or 99.99 would have been a huge weapon to combat Revolution, 360, etc...

eh? why the hell should they lower the price when every single damn unit will sell out regardless? you only drop the price if you need to compete with something. Ps2 has no competition.

Amir0x said:

It is FAR time to drop the price on this shit. This says to me they're continuing to keep it at this price just to offset the losses that are gonna come from PS3 launch. Terrible move, as PS2 at 129.99 or 99.99 would have been a huge weapon to combat Revolution, 360, etc...
yeah, the PS2 is only at the top of the hardware charts and is raking in cash hand over fist. How stupid can they be?

john tv

PS3 ditching Blu-Ray in favor of 8-track! OMG!

8track.jpg

Razoric

Banned
Amir0x said:

Sony wants to lengthen the lifespan of PS2. If it's selling well at $150 there is NO reason to drop the price. If they drop it to $99 now... wtf can they do 2 years from now? Sell it for $50? $40? They are playing this smart.

Monorojo

Banned
why drop the price now?

Its still selling 300k a month here in the states, still selling 80k a month in Japan and is still the best selling home console on the market.

Wait til REV release ATLEAST until they drop the price.

GhaleonEB

Hmmm....sounds like he could be establishing that the current PS businesses are so good they don't need to launch the PS3 anytime soon.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Monorojo said:
why drop the price now?

Its still selling 300k a month here in the states, still selling 80k a month in Japan and is still the best selling home console on the market.

Wait til REV release ATLEAST until they drop the price.

They should raise the price to $179 until E3!

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
the usefulness of the internet has reached its limit seeings as it has failed me. the news trickles out so slow! : (

Akia said:
I got an exam tomorrow. Hurry the heck up Ken. Its like 2:00 am out here in the east coast.

thats two of us.

Amir0x

Banned
Guy LeDouche said:
yeah, the PS2 is only at the top of the hardware charts and is raking in cash hand over fist. How stupid can they be?

a war of attrition. work on giving consumers the most valuable alternative to your competitors products, as you prepare to launch your own successor

Mrbob

Yoboman said:
PS1 emulator for PSP, downloadable games

How is this going to work?

Damn does this mean we will be able to download PS1 games onto mem sticks via connect service and play them on PSP? Shiittt MEGATON for me!

Jonnyram said:
PSP:
first-gen PS1 official emulator
buy/download games from net

PS3:
will have HDMI support from launch
I bet you'll be able to buy PS1 games for PS3 to. Maybe at launch, maybe not, but it seems inevitable with the PSP news.

SuperPac

Mooreberg said:
They should raise the price to $179 until E3!

Yeah, they should totally take the cue from Microsoft. Price increase FTW.

(Forza bundle is the only way you can get an Xbox 1, and it's $179.99.)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jonnyram said:
PS3 November release date confirmed.
They say 上旬 which means 1st-10th, but many are speculating 11th now :)

But where? :lol

Excellent news on the PSone emulator!

dyls

Jonnyram said:
PSP:
first-gen PS1 official emulator
buy/download games from net

PS3:
will have HDMI support from launch

Nice. Hopefully this will add some kind of texture filtering to these old games, otherwise they might be a little painful. First gen only? Thats kind of werid, should be extended in the future, I would think.

Top Bottom