• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PREMATURE EJACULA-TON: PS3 delayed until November 2006 in Japan?

mr_nothin said:
They manufacture 1 million PS3 per month till the launch, the pace exceeds PS2.
from one
OMG YES!

If they can pull this off, hats off to Sony. But I'll believe it when I see it.

If they do this, MS am fuck doomed seriously. Ken may still have the last laugh.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Awesome news! Looks like the extended family will have to rely on me yet again to purchase their systems.

I loathe global launches though just from the 360. I hope they keep good word on their manufacturing promises or else they'll fail like Microsoft.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
6M UNITS STILL WILL NOT BE ENOUGH :D

HA HA.....I'LL BE SELLING MY PS3s on EBAY for $3,000....ANY TAKERS?? :lol :lol

WORLDWIDE SUPPLY BOTTLENECKS FOR THE WIN :D

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
yes, i'll hold fire on the 1 million PS3s per month claim until i see it (PSP and recent "ITS FUCKING SPRING" haven't helped confidence)

Global launch - if it does indeed happen and doesn't turn into "oh, actually, it's not feasible!" in October - then Europe truly for the win, US for the no change, and JPN for the longer wait.

Man, i might be buying a US and JPN machine on the same day (region coding of game depending *fingers crossed*)

Yoboman

Let's hope it's true, about the supplies, and it could be if the Blu Ray copyright problems are only whats holding them back

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Mrbob said:
One million per month from when?

How much will this thing cost?

PS., I am happy to accept a ban on November 15th when the PS3 is still not launched worldwide. At least one of the big three territories will be fucked.

And Australasia's fucking is a given.

Duderz

Banned
PLEASE SONY HANDLE THIS BETTER THAN MICROSOFT!

I really doubt it though. EVERYONE will be clamoring for one this November. :(

"Once released, Sony will unleash one million units per month with a total of six million units in 2006 alone. Production numbers are higher for PS1 and PS2 in their initial years."

And the PSP will have 7.1 surround sound when released in 2004!

Dave Long

Banned
Yeesh... they couldn't meet the spring deadline and now they give a date in November for a worldwide launch instead? How can we believe that?!

tedhbrown

Banned
"Develop software for the platform [PS3] with the assumption that a hard drive will be present"

EDIT: HD "present" as in "available" -- not sure if it will be standard or not (add-on?)

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
funny how a delay till nov is now a good thing :) though I am very curious how it will compare to the 360 launch, should be fun

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
whether or not they put out a HDD depends on whether software is developed or not

wtf sony?! ... WTF ... !?

ah - might be a misunderstanding! Included HDD for the win total.

Wow, Sony REALLY turned this day around.

depends which region you are in and whether you believe they can hit these targets....

Japanese residents feel the "awwwwww..." the most, US'sers are in the same position, Eu'ers are the big winners. IF it all happens.

------------------------------------------------

hmm... All games on BRD... interesting.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Developers are told that they should develop games with HDD in mind

one @ B3D

o_0 :lol :lol :lol :lol

ALL games on BD-Rom to prevent piracy.

edit - ok, not necessarily standard ""develop for it (or it will not succeed)"" apparently

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
BOLD STATEMENTS
BOLD TEXT
OLD ACRONYMS

hahaimusingtehinternet-4228.jpg

Wollan

"Develop software for the platform [PS3] with the assumption that a hard drive will be present"

OOOOOOOOOOOAHAHKFSALKFHLSADBFBSAB!!!!!!!!

The competition is so fu**ed in their rears today! HOLY GOD!

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
Uncle said:
What is "next-generation HDMI" and how does it differ from the one we have now?

HDMI 1.3:

http://www.hdmi.org/press/pr/pr_20060103.asp

Deep color: HDMI will support 30-bit, 36-bit and 48-bit color depths for stunning rendering of over one billion colors in unprecedented detail.

New compressed audio formats: In addition to HDMI’s current ability to support high-bandwidth uncompressed digital audio and all currently-available compressed formats (such as Dolby Digital and DTS), HDMI will add additional support for new compressed digital audio formats Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD.

The true HD era for the win

Running emulated PS1 discs from Memory Sticks rather than UMD discs makes no sense...an average PS1 game would take up about half of a 1GB stick. They should just give the emulator tech to devs so they can create PSP ports of the games for zero programming cost, then sell them on UMD for $15 or so.

Mrbob

It is obviously a software issue and not a hardware issue with the PS3. If Sony has like 6 million PS3s ready for November launch, I do say hats off to Sony. Because X360 JUST GOT PUNNNNNNNNCCCCCHEEEEEED IN THE FACEEEEEEEE. Seriously with such a high number of hardware units at launch comprised with a competitive pricepoint the next gen wars are over already. Momentum will carry the PS3 to the top once more. Of course me shall love the 360 but you gotta look at facts. Hell look at this thread. Nearly 1000 posts with no concrete info. PS3 hype is going to consume the industry.

tedhbrown said:

WOW. How much is this thing gonna cost?

VALIS

Dave Long said:
Yeesh... they couldn't meet the spring deadline and now they give a date in November for a worldwide launch instead? How can we believe that?!

I was just gonna type the exact same thing. Someone's gonna believe a global launch from the same people who were saying AS RECENTLY AS LAST WEEK that the PS3 was on track for spring?

Sorry, but :lol :lol Oh, they'll launch somewhere in November, no doubt. Maybe even in all three major regions. But it'll be the same as the 360s "launch": A Launch-Lite in November, a Launch-Lite in January, a Launch-Lite in April...

In other news, President Logan has declared martial law pre-emptively to deal with what is sure to be the deadilest holiday season the United States has ever seen.

255px-President_Charles_Logan.jpg

RaijinFY

tedhbrown said:

EDIT: HD "present" as in "available" -- not sure if it will be standard or not (add-on?)

huh what?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hard drive is NOT necessarily standard. They're telling developers "develop for it (or it will not succeed)", encouraging them to use it.

Top Bottom