• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Trump's Approval Ratings Just Hit Another Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got

Banned
So if I'm a democrat and I'm embarrassed to have him as my president, it means my biggest reason is "I'm butthurt because our candidate didn't win the EC"? Is that what you are saying?

no, that would be ignorant. why would someone be purposefully ignorant?

Republicans are not embarrassed of President Trump.

Democrats are embarrassed of President Trump.

Please explain why.

Is that clear enough?

no, because I didn't ask you about your ignorant opinion. I asked you why you were here if you aren't paying attention. so what you said to my response still makes no sense.

Aselith

I don't get how a Democrat can approve at all? Like, did they not understand the question? Trump is far-right. There's no cross over here.

There are always idiots that don't know what they are talking about and will say what sounds good in the moment. 6% don't know anything about the president actually sounds optimistic tbh

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim

Please explain why.

Is that clear enough?

Cognitive dissonance and monumentally large hypocrisy.

Just look at all the evangelical voters who once claimed that a candidate's personal ethics were vastly important to getting their vote...yet who abruptly decided it wasn't important at all if they had to cast aside that belief to vote for someone who promised to deliver a platform favorable to them.

zewone

So if I'm a democrat and I'm embarrassed to have him as my president, it means my biggest reason is "I'm butthurt because our candidate didn't win the EC"? Is that what you are saying?

I do think America's two party system creates a divide, especially when there's only two candidates to choose from.

This team mentality is not healthy.

Boylamite

Feel free to explain why Republicans are not embarrassed of him and Democrats are that doesn't involve "my team lost".
Because republicans have no shame, or critical thinking skills? Because they can't mentally afford to consider that they made an objectively terrible choice pulling the lever for a corrupt as fuck robber baron who used them to get into a position where he can fuck over all Americans? That if they were wrong about That, what else could they be wrong about?

zewone

no, that would be ignorant. why would someone be purposefully ignorant?

no, because I didn't ask you about your ignorant opinion. I asked you why you were here if you aren't paying attention. so what you said to my response still makes no sense.

What makes your opinion less ignorant than mine? Is that something you decided? Your superiority over me?

Feel free to explain why Republicans are not embarrassed of him and Democrats are that doesn't involve "my team lost".

Republicans fall in line is the easiest and obvious answer. And honestly, for the right is a "stand behind my team" thing.

Democrats are probably embarrassed because we look foolish to other nations with this man baby and his twitter rants. Or hell, asking for a prayer at the national prayer breakfast for Arnold and the low Celebrity Apprentice numbers. Then you couple that with all the terrible shit he is doing as president or pushing for and yeah, I can understand why Democrats would be embarrassed of their president.

How anyone can sit down and watch this unhinged man and say "yep I am proud of the fact that he doesnt take responsibility for anything, constantly makes up stuff, is wasting tax payer money every weekend to go golfing at his resort thus funneling money into his pockets, is wasting tax payer money by having his wife stay in NYC and having NY pay for security AND the government pay for secret service to stay at Trump Tower thus funneling money into his pockets, and is too much of a child to answer questions he doesnt like or point to his victory to say that is why he is write or wont attend the national correspondents dinner because of thin skin" is beyond me.

zewone

Why are you trying to make this thread about you?

I'm responding to posts that responded to me.

"My Team won" is your explanation for the first part of your request.

Republicans are the only group who still support him, independents and D's don't. That kind of explains everything you're asking. They are rooting for the team while no one else is.

I agree. I think that's exactly why. And I'm trying to point that out.

Republicans are the only group who still support him, independents and D's don't. That kind of explains everything you're asking. They are rooting for the team while no one else is.

Xe4

Banned

Please explain why.

Is that clear enough?
Republicans are stuck in a cult of personality, but Democrats an indipendants are not? You don't get to 51% embarrassment by just having democrats respond in the affirmative man.

Also, I'm embarrassed by Trump because he's a dumbass with an IQ lower than his age, not because my team "lost".

Depending on how their administrations handled matters, I may or may not have dissaproved of Romney or McCain, but I certainly wouldn't
have been embarrassed by them. That takes a special kind of fuckery.

Mosse

Neo Member

Please explain why.

Is that clear enough?

I'm not american and think Trump is an embarrassment for your country. Am I also a sore loser? Or could the reason people are embarrassed of him be because he's embarrassing?

Got

Banned

but independents lost (lol) so that must be why they aren't supporting him.

I do think America's two party system creates a divide, especially when there's only two candidates to choose from.

This team mentality is not healthy.

I agree with you there, but you didn't answer my question.

Division in a political landscape is unhealthy, but it is natural.

Alavard

So how do you explain the discrepancy in approval ratings between Obama's term at this point and Trump's? Or Bush's?

The idea that people just don't like Trump because he's a Republican is strange. And here's just one example: do LGBT people like myself get no credit for looking at his treatment of our community in making a decision of what we think of him?

FStubbs

That's actually legitimately concerning. A lot of people said the floor for a Republican President would be 80%, so if he keeps falling even among Republicans it's very bad for him. I would say if he gets down to 70% with Republicans it would be some next level failure.

Is it? Republicans always fall in line. I don't think it would matter how low it goes as long as he's got the R and he talks the talk.

Chumly

Explain Obama's low ratings.

Sore losers / racists?

Is the left incapable of being a sore loser?

No, I understood exactly what he meant. I just didn't care if he thought it was.
By all means prove yourself right. Obama would have had the majority of people be EMBARRASSED about him as well. Please point to all those polls.

Democrats can disapprove while not being embarrassed of a republican. It's not hard to understand

zewone

As someone who votes Democrat and was upset when Trump won, I stepped back and saw I was more upset my 'team' lost.

I realized being upset for this reason was foolish, and stepped back and looked at Hilary objectively and I don't think she would have been a great President either, still better than Trump I would guess.

I'm trying to be more open minded and not just dismiss something or someone because of their political preference.

I wasn't trying to turn this thread into anything about myself. Just something I noticed and came out entirely wrong.

Looking at the number of Democrats that disapprove and the number of Republicans that do approve, I would imagine there are other people out there forming opinions based on their 'team' when we should really be asking ourselves why we are okay with two candidates and why they have to be Republican or Democrat.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
As someone who votes Democrat and was upset when Trump won, I stepped back and saw I was more upset my 'team' lost.

I realized being upset for this reason was foolish, and stepped back and looked at Hilary objectively and I don't think she would have been a great President either, still better than Trump I would guess.

I'm trying to be more open minded and not just dismiss something or someone because of their political preference.

I wasn't trying to turn this thread into anything about myself. Just something I noticed and came out entirely wrong.

Looking at the number of Democrats that disapprove and the number of Republicans that do approve, I would imagine there are other people out there forming opinions based on their 'team' when we should really be asking ourselves why we are okay with two candidates and why they have to be Republican or Democrat.

As a Democrat, what exactly has Trump done to prove to you that you shouldn't be embarrassed? This is no longer about teams, that shit died out in November, now it's about w hat he will do and he has done nothing to prove why anyone would want him as President. Every single day it's another embarrassment for this country, it's only natural that people would be embarrassed, it has nothing to do with being a sore loser.

Boylamite

You think if this guy was a Democrat liberals would be ok with his behaviour?? You are too deep man. You're a lost cause.

I'd argue that the embarrassment extends beyond the president to sharing a country with supporters like yourself.

I mean, It's one thing to say "yeah, this guy is kind of a sleazebag but his policies benefit me financially" that would make sense. then you'd be evil, and an asshole, but it would make sense.
But not understanding why anyone might be embarrassed to have Trump as a president, full stop? Man... and they say democrats live in a bubble.

Edit: you are a Democrat?? I need to bail from this thread. My brain can't process you.

Chumly

I can't even..... you think your being open minded by coming into a thread and throwing blanket accusations on what polls are showing? With zero proof and something that doesn't even make sense?

Clearly you have a lot left to learn

zewone

As a Democrat, what exactly has Trump done to prove to you that you shouldn't be embarrassed? This is no longer about teams, that shit died out in November, now it's about w hat he will do and he has done nothing to prove why anyone would want him as President. Every single day it's another embarrassment for this country, it's only natural that people would be embarrassed, it has nothing to do with being a sore loser.

I can agree with that. Maybe something awful like this was necessary so that we look at our outdated system. By the way I am embarrassed. I want people to be embarrassed for the right reasons though.

You think if this guy was a Democrat liberals would be ok with his behaviour?? You are too deep man. You're a lost cause.

I'd argue that the embarrassment extends beyond the president to sharing a country with supporters like yourself.

I mean, It's one thing to say "yeah, this guy is kind of a sleazebag but his policies benefit me financially" that would make sense. then you'd be evil, and an asshole, but it would make sense.
But not understanding why anyone might be embarrassed to have Trump as a president, full stop? Man... and they say democrats live in a bubble.
You're waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy off base. Voted for Hilary.

DarthWoo

Sooo...it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he has historically been a racist, misogynist, and generally widely bigoted man-child with a platform that did little to mitigate these traits? It didn't matter then as it does now, with the benefit of almost three months of hindsight, that he is an incredibly corrupt individual with highly probable connections to a hostile government?

I think this speaks far more to what appears to be your shallow view on governance than on anyone else.

Nepenthe

So none of the current administration's policies and platitudes bother you? This election was nothing but a sports game to you?

zewone

Sooo...it had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that he has historically been a racist, misogynist, and generally widely bigoted man-child with a platform that did little to mitigate these traits? It didn't matter then as it does now, with the benefit of almost three months of hindsight, that he is an incredibly corrupt individual with highly probable connections to a hostile government?

So none of the current administration's policies and platitudes bother you? This election was nothing but a sports game to you?

Of course those bothered me. But I also looked past Hilary's issues, who was no saint.

Got

Banned

yeah but he learned a cool thing about himself and then that anecdotal bullshit made him think "hey maybe this is the real problem with everyone else and not just me?"

Xe4

Banned

We're "ok" with only two candidates because of FPTP politics. The only way to get positions that you want passed are to rally behind the party which most supports your views. Anything less is a loosing battle.

As someone who considers them self a left leaning, free thinking indipendant voter (or at least would be in a half sane political environment), I can easily say I'm embarrassed by Trump.

Again, I'm not embarrassed because of the (R) by his name, or the fact that I supported Hillary. I wouldn't have been embarrassed by Romney or McCain, and I certainly would have loved to see Trump not be an embarrassment. I really tried to give him a chance at the beginning of his presidency.

But his every action has been an embarrassment to my country and to me as an American. He makes me embarrassed to be born here, I mean Jesus. Half the time he is a narsasistic whiny manbaby more concerned by thr size of his cock hands than his country, and the other half he's a racist lying cut willing to say whatever it takes to get his way. It's fucking embarrasing.

Mosse

Neo Member

Politics is not a football game where you can be sour that your team lost and then go back to your normal life because it was just a game. People that did not vote for Trump doesn't need to approve of him as president because their team lost, they didn't vote for him because they didn't want him as president and still don't want him as president. Because his policys will affect peoples life and pretty much everything he have done, or tried to do since he became president is the opposite of what those not voting for him want.

So no, they are not dissapproving of him because their team lost, they're are dissapproving of him because of what he say and do goes against what they stand for. And looking back at how you feel about Hillary won't make Trump a better president.

zewone

yeah but he learned a cool thing about himself and then that anecdotal bullshit made him think "hey maybe this is the real problem with everyone else and not just me?"

Damn, thanks for thinking I'm so unique, Got.

I think you're pretty cool too. ;)

Nepenthe

Of course those bothered me. But I also looked past Hilary's issues, who was no saint.

It's not about striving for perfection. It's about making the most informed decision for the betterment of society between the viable choices you're given per election. This isn't a fucking game.

zewone

It's not about striving for perfection. It's about making the most informed decision for the betterment of society between the viable choices you're given per election. This isn't a fucking game.

Accepting the lesser of two evils is the modus operandi of America.

DarthWoo

So please elaborate on some of these "issues."

Hilary may have had some baggage, but most of it was illusory. Maybe it might have bogged down her administration for a time, as the GOP Congress further embarrassed itself by pursuing fake scandals, but that would have at least maintained the status quo established by the Obama administration. What we have now is one of, if not the most incompetent presidents in modern history, actively seeking to tear down everything that has been gained in the past decade. So, yeah, "no saint."

I don't think there has ever been a human being I've hated more than this piece of shit tbh. Keep getting lower.

download.jpg

image.php

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

What do you mean bothered you? This is still happening, the election is over, it's happening now. It should bother you.

Honestly, I think the poster who said this was like a sport's game to you got it right. This whole thing ended for you the day the election was done but for many of us, for pretty much the whole country, it just started.

Xe4

Banned
It's the modus operandai of the world, bro. Progress is made slowly through compromise 99% of the time.

And BTW, Hillary was NOT perfect, I don't think there's a single person who won't accept that, but she's the mother fucking Virgin Mary compared to Trump. Comparing the two in terms of how fucked their world view is, is laughable.

Nepenthe

No shit.

Would it be nicer if we had more proportional voting that allowed better candidates? Sure would.

But we don't. And those elections and resulting policy effects happen whether or not you're hyped up. So you do your best with the shitty hand you're given, instead of throwing everything away because you weren't perfectly catered to.

We're a two party democratic republic and have been for literal centuries. Compromise is required. Y'all are acting like this shit is new.

Got

Banned
I've yet to see you post anything intelligent or not attacking so I'm not really sure where your superiority complex comes from.

people already pointed out your dumb reasonings and explained to you why they are faulty, why would I retread that. you can barely provide a coherent response to anything put forth to you, so it's a waste of time.

your original point is bogged down in your own ridiculous feelings about how you perceived the election and the result and you use that as a basis for how everyone feels. plenty have come in here and said it's because Trump is a dirtbag and that's why they disapprove of him and not because of what team he's on but you persist in your ignorance. grow up.

zewone

What do you mean bothered you? This is still happening, the election is over, it's happening now. It should bother you.

Honestly, I think the poster who said this was like a sport's game to you got it right. This whole thing ended for you the day the election was done but for many of us, for pretty much the whole country, it just started.

What can you or I do about the situation?

Be upset? What does that solve?

people already pointed out your dumb reasonings and explained to you why they are faulty, why would I retread that. you can barely provide a coherent response to anything put forth to you, so it's a waste of time.
So then shut it.

TaterTots

Banned
How do these polls work? The majority of Republicans approve, but his overall approval rating is now 35%? Are Republicans a dying breed or what? How can it be so high in one area and then drop off overall? Seriously, I do not understand. If someone can clarify these polls for me.

I think the problem is your assumption that everyone else shares your warped view of politics. You took one step back, realized something about yourself and then just sort of assumed that everyone else shared your flaw.

How do these polls work? The majority of Republicans approve, but his overall approval rating is now 35%? Are Republicans a dying breed or what? How can it be so high in one area and then drop off overall? Seriously, I do not understand. If someone can clarify these polls for me.

There are a ton of independents in America. People who will consistently vote Republican or Democrat but who, when asked, will identify as independent. Independents tend to skew more conservative so it fucks with the GOP's numbers more than it does Dems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom