• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Trump's Approval Ratings Just Hit Another Low

Status
Not open for further replies.
And look at the shift in Gallup's poll. Remember it's a 3-day moving average, so the shift in the last day must have been pretty big?

Edit: Gap was -24 points on 28 March 2017. Now only -10 points.

I guess that Susan Rice stuff is really catching on.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gives me joy to see his numbers drop.

Do you guys think we will reach 20% eventually or even lower?

It would be hard to get to 20%, because that basically means 0% Democrats and independents and ~50% Republicans supporting him -- and you would imagine that such a catastrophic collapse in public confidence would lead to congress taking measures to stop him.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
guns. god. racism. those are the only things that matter to a lot of people, apparently.

I'm still waiting for the Trump pivot where he starts trying to limit the 2nd amendment for some stupid reason that only makes sense to Trump and watching the incredible amount of blowback he gets.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
besides gorsuch and attempts to strengthen our immigration vetting, heres a decent list, keeping in mind hes only been in office 2 1/2 months: http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89a...ing Obama/id-c4fa9fa659394514aa645a7cfd3c31ed.

Is there a place I can read about attempts to strengthen immigration vetting? I know about the ban, which has nothing to do with vetting, and I know he's said he plans to strengthen vetting. Other than the H1B site visit I haven't seen anything that actually seems to change how we vet people.

Get low..

YEY51j1.gif

They're not a Democrat, they're a "Democrat". I have a friend--I'm hesitant to call him that--that voted for Trump and says he's a Democrat. He wanted Bernie to win and said Hillary was a criminal he would never vote for, so he voted for Donald Trump to "show the DNC a lesson". He voted for Ron Paul twice, Donald Trump, is Pro Life, against Taxes, and thinks minorities are lazy and women should stop complaining about "inequality". He's a registered Democrat, in Pennsylvania.

I think he has identity issues. In what way does he resemble a modern democrat?

Maybe he is a financial professional who charges a commission for helping his clients invest for retirement but doesnt want to give a shit about their best interests when he can get a much larger commission by fucking them over with a risky investment?

Or perhaps he wants to get even more targeted ads from his ISP?

So you're a climate change denying racist? Nothing in that list is good unless you're exceptionally stupid and bigoted.

Its also such a hypocritical set of things by reversing heel on climate change to let companies do what they want while also destroying TPP

There's no guiding set of principles besides fuck Obama

RMI

Banned
I'm still waiting for the Trump pivot where he starts trying to limit the 2nd amendment for some stupid reason that only makes sense to Trump and watching the incredible amount of blowback he gets.

I don't think his handlers would let him off leash long enough to actually get anything done.

I'm certain that if asked in detail about any of the executive orders that he's signed he would be unable to tell you the specifics about what they actually mean. The guys is just a suit stuffed with one liners and word salads. I don't think there's actually any coherence or overall strategy to anything he personally does.

Blader

Wait so overturning positive things put in place by Obama is your idea of a good thing? Ok yep people who voted for Trump are ignorant.

Well, if you didn't like Obama and didn't think many of the things he was doing were actually good things, then overturning Obama's policies would be considered a win by Trump supporters, no?

BajiBoxer

Banned
It would be hard to get to 20%, because that basically means 0% Democrats and independents and ~50% Republicans supporting him -- and you would imagine that such a catastrophic collapse in public confidence would lead to congress taking measures to stop him.
Well... our Republican governor in '07 hit a low of 6%, so while unlikely, I could see it hitting 20% for Trump if something awful enough were proven.

zethren

Banned
besides gorsuch and attempts to strengthen our immigration vetting, heres a decent list, keeping in mind hes only been in office 2 1/2 months: http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/89a...ing Obama/id-c4fa9fa659394514aa645a7cfd3c31ed.

Gorsuch hasn't been confirmed yet, and his attempts to strengthen any element of the immigration process have resulted in nothing but failure.

I'll go through your provided list, but I think I'm realistic in thinking there won't be many actual successes included there either. It's still too early to tell of course, but at his current rate Trump might just end up being the most useless president in American history.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Well, if you didn't like Obama and didn't think many of the things he was doing were actually good things, then overturning Obama's policies would be considered a win by Trump supporters, no?

Maybe if he was doing things like stopping the use of drone strikes but he is just removing protections for various groups of people, the Internet, the environment and so on.

BajiBoxer

Banned

Yes, if you like hurting people and think your enviroment isn't filthy enough, these could be seen as good things. Maybe some miss the days when our river were polluted enough to catch on fire.

Dude Abides

Banned
Keep trying to use last year's favorability ratings to say why this doesn't matter. Its one for people not to lik3 you especially when they hate your opponent. It's another when they think you are doing a shit job

Mr blonde I'm sure you are part of the 35% so I would be interested to know what he has done right. As far as I can tell the only thing conservatives should like us the gorsuch nomination

He continues to piss off liberals. That was the main reason he got elected and he's still doing a great job of it!

daveo42

Banned
Dems and liberal media are pushing that number down cause they lost the general election by a wide margin. SAD!

Best part of the whole thing is the percentage of people embarrassed that Trump is their president.

Blader

Maybe if he was doing things like stopping the use of drone strikes but he is just removing protections for various groups of people, the Internet, the environment and so on.

Yes, if you like hurting people and think your enviroment isn't filthy enough, these could be seen as good things. Maybe some miss the days when our river were polluted enough to catch on fire.

I'm not arguing in favor of the list, I'm just arguing from the perspective of someone who might see that list as a list of accomplishments if they did not like Barack Obama or his policies. "Stopping the use of drone strikes" is what a liberal would like to see of a post-Obama president dismantling an Obama policy.

I think that was covered in the last part of my statement. If you think allowing ISPs to spy on you, financial advisers being able to have folks invest in risky investments at the brokers benefit, reversing emission standards I guess in the guise of bringing coal jobs back that will never come back as they were lost well in advance of regulats, and opening up a new oil pipeline rather than investing in green energy (I mean Gina now is the largest green collar country) are good things then you are truly ignorant and would think this orange piece of shit is great.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I ironically listen to a terrible far-right online radio show where the idiot host takes callers, often people that troll him. The host is unsurprisingly a deeeep Trump supporter, screaming at trolls not to "besmirch the good name of Donald Trump".
A recent call played a clip of Trump saying "I'll have no time for golf" followed by the Fleetwood Mac song "Little Lies". The host screamed that Trump has done more than any other president ever.

... What has he done? What does the far-right see as "an accomplishment" because everything I see is that Trump has been failing more and more.

We're approaching April 29th, and so far none of his major promises have been fulfilled. We'll see if the approval ratings still hold.

tmarg

A government shutdown would do wonders for driving down his approval rating, and seems completely possible at the moment.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I ironically listen to a terrible far-right online radio show where the idiot host takes callers, often people that troll him. The host is unsurprisingly a deeeep Trump supporter, screaming at trolls not to "besmirch the good name of Donald Trump".
A recent call played a clip of Trump saying "I'll have no time for golf" followed by the Fleetwood Mac song "Little Lies". The host screamed that Trump has done more than any other president ever.

... What has he done? What does the far-right see as "an accomplishment" because everything I see is that Trump has been failing more and more.

We're approaching April 29th, and so far none of his major promises have been fulfilled. We'll see if the approval ratings still hold.

When you know the shit you're peddling is completely false and fabricated, you end up being extremely defensive because you have no other choice but to live in that alternate reality.

zethren

Banned
I'm not arguing in favor of the list, I'm just arguing from the perspective of someone who might see that list as a list of accomplishments if they did not like Barack Obama or his policies. "Stopping the use of drone strikes" is what a liberal would like to see of a post-Obama president dismantling an Obama policy.

That is pretty clear. The point is that that is a flawed perspective, stemming from ignorance and propaganda. Their opinion is wrong, fundamentally and morally.

Fuck all of that "well saying that is what pushes them away, and makes them think of you as an elitist!" Call a spade a spade, they're fucking wrong.

In the ISIS thread, ISIS called the president ignorant. Someone posted a photo of Trump golfing and the line of "in the first 30 days we will destroy ISIS" and we are far out of 30 days. So basically outside of signing EOs to wipe out Obama's legacy, he has done jack shit AND for most folks made their lives worse (like the folks in Texas who will lose their property for the wall).

Yeah its nice to have his approval rating drop, but guess what, he's still fucking President. Where was the nation's lack of approval in Novemeber?

zethren

Banned
I think Nixon hit 50% among Republicans right before he resigned.

That's what it will take.

When the repercussions of his policies and actions (or lack thereof) start affecting the working class, and they will be affected, I would expect to see his approval among republicans to drop more.

In a normal reality, that is. Who can say, I suppose.

enemy2k

I think you're right, you made a good argument.

Blader

I think that was covered in the last part of my statement. If you think allowing ISPs to spy on you, financial advisers being able to have folks invest in risky investments at the brokers benefit, reversing emission standards I guess in the guise of bringing coal jobs back that will never come back as they were lost well in advance of regulats, and opening up a new oil pipeline rather than investing in green energy (I mean Gina now is the largest green collar country) are good things then you are truly ignorant and would think this orange piece of shit is great.

If you think government is bad and the free market is better at handling itself, and that that ultimately produces better results for the public, then any policy that removes government influence from the private sector -- whether it's data privacy rules for ISPs or CO2 emission standards for auto companies -- would look like a win in your eyes. Particularly if said government influence stemmed from Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

I agree that those are all bad things with serious long-term consequences for everybody. But again, I'm not making the argument that these are good things in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom