• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Trump's Approval Ratings Just Hit Another Low

Status
Not open for further replies.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I'm not arguing in favor of the list, I'm just arguing from the perspective of someone who might see that list as a list of accomplishments if they did not like Barack Obama or his policies. "Stopping the use of drone strikes" is what a liberal would like to see of a post-Obama president dismantling an Obama policy.
He didn't stop the use of drone strikes. He approved them in March, continued to use drones, and has taken steps to allow more civilian casualties overall. This while making a desire to murder accused terrorists' families part of his campaign.

Edit: not saying you support any of that, just pointing out that that specifically is not true.

Mahonay

Banned
He didn't stop the use of drone strikes. He approved them in March, continued to use drones, and has taken steps to allow more civilian casualties overall. This while making a desire to murder accused terrorists' families part of his campaign.
Trump also advocated for the killing of the civilian population in Aleppo.

zou

Never said they weren't. My points were that

1)the average national poll had hillary winning by 3-5pts. She only won by 2, and that is because she wildly exceeded expectations in California(she lost the other 49 states collectively by almost 2 million votes).

almost 5% voted third party, compared to 1.7% in 2012. and yet, the results were within their MoE, so I don't see your issue.

Also, excluding CA results to show how wrong national polls were is all sorts of dumb.

The one nice thing about Trump being unlikeable now is that he isn't running against someone who is almost as unlikeable as he. There's nowhere to run when you're actually in charge and fucking everything up.

Exile20

The one nice thing about Trump being unlikeable now is that he isn't running against someone who is almost as unlikeable as he. There's nowhere to run when you're actually in charge and fucking everything up.

That is why is always blaming someone. Rice, Obama, etc.

Can't play the political outsider card either when you've actually been running shit for four years.

If he even lasts that long.

zewone

Additionally, 52% of voters say they are embarrassed to have Trump as president, according to the poll.

Is this surprising? It's basically sore losers who's candidate didn't win.

zewone

Is that the only reason you can think of for why 52% of Americans are embarrassed by him?

Obviously not, but a ton of people have yet to get over it.

With such a close election it's not surprising to see that half of Americans wouldn't be pleased is my point.

zethren

Banned

With such a close election it's not surprising to see that half of Americans wouldn't be pleased is my point.

I honestly don't expect people to get over it, regardless of how close the election was. He's an embarrassing person, and he's the leader of the country. I suspect he'll always be an embarrassing president.

Ac30

You're not embarrassed to have him as president? Come on. He has no class, and acts like a petulant child.

Ac30

I am. I just think that particular statistic doesn't mean anything of value.

I don't think there's anything to 'get over' though; even people who like his policies don't respect him, I suspect. I'm just disappointed it's so low. You can be for his policies and still think he's unfit to be President and/or a national embarrassment

While Obama faced unprecedented opposition and racism. He didn't start that low.

Part was his failings and not delivering on promises.
He was also dragged down by abysmal government approval numbers.
Not being able to deliver cause of racism and having republicans block and stall at every damn turn.

Ryuuga

Banned
b4YVa1b.gif

I wouldnt mind holding an L in this situation.

wandering

Banned
Well, half of Americans (who didn't vote for him) are embarrassed.

The half of Americans who did vote for him are not.

Where is the surprise?

There's no surprise. You made it sound like people dislike him just because he won, not because he's, you know, an asshat.

So, basically, the theory that a bunch of people gave him a chance cuz fuck it but have no real loyalty to him and will drop him as he continually embarrasses himself appears to be true.

Chumly

Well, half of Americans (who didn't vote for him) are embarrassed.

The half of Americans who did vote for him are not.

Where is the surprise?
Take a step back and look at the question again. If you went back in time the other republican presidents would never have had that high of percentage of people be EMBARRASSED. Only W at his worst and nixon at his worst. Disapproval and being embarrassed are very different things. As evident in the very same poll they are very different percentages.

zewone

Take a step back and look at the question again. If you went back in time the other republican presidents would never have had that high of percentage of people be EMBARRASSED. Only W at his worst and nixon at his worst. Disapproval and being embarrassed are very different things. As evident in the very same poll they are very different percentages.

Explain Obama's low ratings.

Sore losers / racists?

Is the left incapable of being a sore loser?

no, you misunderstood his response. he was saying your post is stupid.

No, I understood exactly what he meant. I just didn't care if he thought it was.

Feel free to explain why Republicans are not embarrassed of him and Democrats are that doesn't involve "my team lost".

So if I'm a democrat and I'm embarrassed to have him as my president, it means my biggest reason is "I'm butthurt because our candidate didn't win the EC"? Is that what you are saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom