• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia 2 preorder bonus!

NotMSRP

243416x.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'm getting a dead link, both here and at ebgames. It mentiones PoP2 with Bonus, but doesn't mention what the bonus is?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Thanks for clearing that up. Artbook. OK. 40 dollar game + artbook = yeah.

EBgames has all 4 versions of the game listing "with bonus."

Solid

adelgary said:
I hope other retailers offer the bonus, otherwise I'm gonna be pissed. When does the game come out?
November.. can't think of a safe date though. Sometime around the 15th would be my bet.

Edit: According to Amazon.

PAL: November 26, 2004
US: November 16, 2004

NotMSRP

I often just return games while keeping the preorder gifts and rebuy the games themselves when that magic price drop occurs.

Why is everyone expecting this game to drop down to $20 so fast? Just because the first one did, I don't see how it's guaranteed to happen again... Or is this a common policy with Ubi Soft games?

Solid

adelgary said:
Why is everyone expecting this game to drop down to $20 so fast? Just because the first one did, I don't see how it's guaranteed to happen again... Or is this a common policy with Ubi Soft games?
November is butcher bay. I don't think PoP2 will survive it - among other titles ofcourse.

pilonv1

Exactly, last year was pretty tame compared to the big titles out this season. It was largely ignored last year, and chances are it will be utterly lost this year. Of course it wont be the only one.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What other games does Ubisoft have coming out at the end of the year? I'm pretty sure they're gonna put out a massive ad campaign for this game, unlike something like BG&E

Deepthroat said:
November is butcher bay. I don't think PoP2 will survive it - among other titles ofcourse.

Find the odd man out...

Gran Turismo 4 - November 14
Metal Gear Solid 3 - November 15
Need for Speed Underground 2 - November 15
Metroid Prime 2 - November 15
Jak 3 - November 16
PoP 2 - November 16
Call of Duty - November 16
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 - November 16
Splinter Cell 3 - November 16
Goldeneye - November 17

You've really gotta wonder what UBI could be thinking by trying to release it at that time.

That list is only for games that are going to sell alot (with the possible exceptions of Jak and PoP), there are more obscure games coming out in that same timeframe too.

pilonv1

SolidSnakex said:
Gran Turismo 4 - November 14
Metal Gear Solid 3 - November 15
Need for Speed Underground 2 - November 15
Metroid Prime 2 - November 15
Jak 3 - November 16
PoP 2 - November 16
Call of Duty - November 16
Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3 - November 16
Splinter Cell 3 - November 16
Goldeneye - November 17

Subliminally forgetting Halo 2?

You've really gotta wonder what UBI could be thinking by trying to release it at that time.

The sooner publishers realised that Q4 is not the holy grail of sales the better. Put this game out in June/July and everyone gets a chance to enjoy it.

TheDiave

Banned
For a sec. there, I was expecting to see Sands of Time; Remember how Midway gave away MK: Deadly Alliance for preordering Psi-Ops?

I actually finally got my copy of PoP:SoT yesterday for GameCube.

I wanted to kick the Art Director's ass when I saw how the Prince turned out.

Problem is... he's not even in montreal. I heard he was french.

All I can do is send him some hate mail.

Top Bottom