• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! |OT|

Got my copy today. Getting the game four days early was a pretty nice bonus from NISA. Haven't started the game yet, but I do have a couple of complaints, I guess they've got the size of the pin on the page for Prinny 2 on the NISA store, but I never noticed it before, and the pin is much, much smaller than I expected. Also the US release doesn't get a nice reversible cover like the Japanese version.

How dare they insult casual gamers with such demeaning terms. :mad: Not all of us can spend hours a day practicing to rescue a pair of virtual panties! They should call it 'Panties Express' mode! Get your panties in 10 hours playtime or less guaranteed!

Fraeon

mjemirzian said:
How dare they insult casual gamers with such demeaning terms. :mad: Not all of us can spend hours a day practicing to rescue a pair of virtual panties! They should call it 'Panties Express' mode! Get your panties in 10 hours playtime or less guaranteed!

Stop being a babby and quit your job if it interferes with your enjoyment of the game.

rainking187 said:
Got my copy today. Getting the game four days early was a pretty nice bonus from NISA. Haven't started the game yet, but I do have a couple of complaints, I guess they've got the size of the pin on the page for Prinny 2 on the NISA store, but I never noticed it before, and the pin is much, much smaller than I expected. Also the US release doesn't get a nice reversible cover like the Japanese version.

Where do you live/what shipping did you get? Mine should be coming Monday hopefully from NISA. And I'm trying to replay the first before I get this and I forgot how absolutely infuriating these games are. :lol

I think baby mode might actually be too easy for anyone that played and was able to beat (or at least get most of the way through) the first game. I'm over half way through the game, and only one stage has really given me a tough time so far, and I've only lost around a hundred lives total.

EDIT: Beat the game. My wrist hurts.
The final boss was a huge pain in the ass. I died like 140 times on that one stage.
Now on to Asagi mode.

EDIT 2: Asagi mode beaten.

Volcynika

It's up on the NA PSN now.

Also this content if you want to jump to Asagi Wars

Prinny 2: Asagi Wars Premium Special Ticket (free)
Can’t wait for Asagi to become the main character? Well, she can’t either! Grab this special ticket and help Asagi come to the front of the line. Gain access to Asagi Wars right from the beginning! Forget the Prinnies, this time Asagi can be the hero! In order to activate after installing, place the cursor on “New Game” at the title screen and press the buttons in the order of: ∆, □, о, ∆, □, о, ×.
File size: 481 KB

I got so excited when I saw there was DLC, thinking they put the DLC level up already, then I saw it was just to unlock Asagi mode. :/ The tickets in this game are not like the torn letters in the last one, none of them are hard to get at all.

Had this download for me really fast on my PS3. Went to connect my PSPGo and transfer it over....battery is dead :( Charging now! The anticipation is killing me! D:

Yasae

Banned
Penguin nerd said:
Had this download for me really fast on my PS3. Went to connect my PSPGo and transfer it over....battery is dead :( Charging now! The anticipation is killing me! D:
Oh my god, you own a PSPGo.

My copy from Amazon still hasn't shipped, and I had it preordered since December. They're even showing it as not in stock. What happened? :(

EDIT: I JUST checked now and it changed to Shipping Soon. No wonder the initial expected arrival date was Jan 14.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So hype for this game! Just got back from Honeymooning yesterday, going to GameStop today to pick this up with all my Christmas money.

I hope this is just the first of many PSP games to be purchased this year on what is probably the last huzzah for the system!

Got the game today and played the first four stages... it's basically a complete rehash of the original. Not that that's a BAD thing, since the first Prinny was such a great game, but I would have liked to see them come up with some new ideas instead of giving us what basically amounts to a rom hack. Still having lots of fun with it though!

I may have jumped the gun a little there... At first I had written off the game's one new mechanic, the "break mode" (which you temporarily enter when your combo meter fills up, giving you increasd power and a few new moves) as a needless addition which was thrown in as an afterthought. But after playing the next few stages, which featured absolutely brutal enemy placement, it became apparent that the break mode was a well-thought-out and well-implemented addition and that taking advantage of it is vital if you want to avoid the shame of using up all 1000 lives. By comparison, in the original Prinny most enemies could easily be avoided and the game placed far more emphasis on mastering its jumping mechanics. Prinny 2 still feels more like an expansion pack than a sequel at times, but it's not a total rehash.

kiryogi

Banned
Got my copy of Prinny 2... So disappointed that they changed Prinny's voice. I absolutely loved who they had for Prinny 1 and Disgaea Infinite. This just isn't the same D:

edit: Need big favor... hopefully this works. Can someone send me their US Prinny 2 save with the Asagi wars activated? I have a JP PSP linked to a JP account.... so no luck there.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Just started the game this morning, loving all the new subtle changes to the game. It remains pretty much the same game play wise from the first game, which is a good thing. There's some new mechanics but nothing really game changing.

Yeah, I noticed that Prinny's voice had changed right away, that's a bummer but doesn't really take away from the experience.

My only complaint right now is the one-two seconds it takes to respawn. I'm really spoiled after playing Super Meat Boy...

Volcynika

kiryogi said:
Got my copy of Prinny 2... So disappointed that they changed Prinny's voice. I absolutely loved who they had for Prinny 1 and Disgaea Infinite. This just isn't the same D:

edit: Need big favor... hopefully this works. Can someone send me their US Prinny 2 save with the Asagi wars activated? I have a JP PSP linked to a JP account.... so no luck there.

If no one helps you out, I can probably get it to you later today or at least before the weekend is over, I just have to download the DLC from the PSN store to activate it.

kiryogi

Banned
Game doesn't seem as funny as the first one either. At least I had that to keep me going in the previous entry. Now it's like, why do I continue to torture myself. Definitely not liking the new cast either. It wasn't just Prinny, Etna changed too. Supposedly this is the D1 cast and not the D2 cast they've been using since forever.

And Volcynika, that would be super awesome if you can get to it. I think Asagi Wars is where all the lawlz is at.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Hah man I'm really enjoying collecting the letters in between each level. I find that as such an awesome break from the hectic action in the levels... coming back to the hub and putting your platforming skills to test, without any death or enemies. Very nice way to break the action.

Volcynika

kiryogi said:
Game doesn't seem as funny as the first one either. At least I had that to keep me going in the previous entry. Now it's like, why do I continue to torture myself. Definitely not liking the new cast either. It wasn't just Prinny, Etna changed too. Supposedly this is the D1 cast and not the D2 cast they've been using since forever.

And Volcynika, that would be super awesome if you can get to it. I think Asagi Wars is where all the lawlz is at.

Does it matter how far I've progressed? About to go bowling with friends, so I can probably get it to you tomorrow.

ArcticDonkey said:
Yep, I really enjoyed that in the last game too, although the last letter was ridiculous.
The last letter wasn't hard at all. In fact I was finishing my second hard mode playthrough of the original a few days ago in preparation and I got it on my first attempt! The one before it must have taken me a thousand tries, though.

kiryogi

Banned
Volcynika said:
Does it matter how far I've progressed? About to go bowling with friends, so I can probably get it to you tomorrow.
Nope! I just want that unlock! I've bee discussing with my friend about how much of a determent this dub has been in my enjoyment of this game. I need dat Asagi.

Volcynika

kiryogi said:
Nope! I just want that unlock! I've bee discussing with my friend about how much of a determent this dub has been in my enjoyment of this game. I need dat Asagi.

I have the DLC contents on my PSP but I honestly can't figure out how to even access the Asagi mode stuff. Hrm.

kiryogi

Banned
Volcynika said:
I have the DLC contents on my PSP but I honestly can't figure out how to even access the Asagi mode stuff. Hrm.

Think you patch your save or whatever it patches, then you enter a code @ the title screen. I just need that patched save. At least I hope it works and there's no tied to psn stuff.

Add-on Game Content (also available from PS3 Storefront)

Prinny 2: Asagi Wars Premium Special Ticket (free)
Can’t wait for Asagi to become the main character? Well, she can’t either! Grab this special ticket and help Asagi come to the front of the line. Gain access to Asagi Wars right from the beginning! Forget the Prinnies, this time Asagi can be the hero! In order to activate after installing, place the cursor on “New Game” at the title screen and press the buttons in the order of: ∆, □, о, ∆, □, о, ×.
File size: 481 KB

Volcynika

kiryogi said:
Think you patch your save or whatever it patches, then you enter a code @ the title screen. I just need that patched save. At least I hope it works and there's no tied to psn stuff.

Well I uploaded it, not sure if it'll help, but I did play with this save after installing the Asagi stuff

Link

kiryogi

Banned
Ah fucking DMCA !@#!@# XD

"Failed ot approve Asagi WArs Premium Discount Ticket"

*Failed to confirm access rights"

D: Thanks anyway Volc. Guess I'll do this the hard way.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Don't you unlock Asagi mode through collecting all the letters in the game...? Or is this something different?

Adam Prime said:
Don't you unlock Asagi mode through collecting all the letters in the game...? Or is this something different?

Yeah, you just collect all the tickets to unlock it. It's actually very easy in this game.

Adam Prime said:

I think it's two letters and something else. If you have the ticket don't you just have to press buttons in a certain order?

playstation blog said:
Prinny 2: Asagi Wars Premium Special Ticket (free): Can’t wait for Asagi to become the main character?
Well, she can’t either!
Grab this special ticket and help Asagi come to the front of the line. Gain access to Asagi Wars right from the beginning! Forget the Prinnies, this time Asagi can be the hero! In order to activate after installing, place the cursor on “New Game” at the title screen and press the buttons in the order of: ∆, □, о, ∆, □, о, ×

I like that the game is skill and score based. Too bad they can't seem to make a tactics game like this.

I guess I'll say it again: better than Disgaea!

Volcynika

mjemirzian said:
I like that the game is skill and score based. Too bad they can't seem to make a tactics game like this.

I guess I'll say it again: better than Disgaea!

If you start an argument in here about that, I will have the urge to find a way to club you with a blunt object.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Holy shit I died 98 times at a stage during Hour 7. Damn, I still have two more Stages before Boss Battles...! I don't know if this game is tougher than the previous game, but jeesh. I must've had three sections of that level where I died around 30 times before hitting the next checkpoint. But once you make it through, you feel like you could do that previous section again with NO problem! :lol

I am having NO troubles on the bosses though. The Break Mode really makes it easier, once you hit Break Mode if you are a pro at button mashing Square, you can tear through bosses so fast. I think the most bosses I've had on a boss fight has been around five.

... Aww I just read on a FAQ that I missed out on the Purple Orb which is the Data NPC in Hour 10. Bummer, I think I am going to "Death reset" my game to go back and get it. I love looking at all my data and stats, grr, I can't believe I didn't get it in my first run. I guess I wasn't paying attention!

Adam Prime said:
... Aww I just read on a FAQ that I missed out on the Purple Orb which is the Data NPC in Hour 10. Bummer, I think I am going to "Death reset" my game to go back and get it. I love looking at all my data and stats, grr, I can't believe I didn't get it in my first run. I guess I wasn't paying attention!

Did you get the yellow Dimension guide Orb? Can't you just replay that level and get the orb without starting the whole thing over?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
rainking187 said:
Did you get the yellow Dimension guide Orb? Can't you just replay that level and get the orb without starting the whole thing over?

Nah it has to be on the 10th hour, regardless of level. The orbs are located in different areas during each hour according to the level you're playing. No biggie, shouldn't take me too long to get back to where I was.

Loving how much content this game has. Hating how much my elbow hurts after each boss fight and hitting Square like a madman. I think I am one of the best in the world at mashing Square, seriously. I am a beast.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Prinny 2: Netherworld Radish ($0.99)
Grab this item and get free Delivery Samurai deliveries, dood. The Hero Prinny’s main attack will become rapid-fire. In Asagi Wars, Asagi’s weapons will be replaced with close-quarter attacks like the Drill. Aren’t gun better, dood?
File size: 474

I don't get what this Raddish does? The other Free DLC just unlocks a thing that you unlock at the game at some point anyway, is this Raddish something that you unlock at the Concinerge?

.. and am I to read this as "rapid firing" meaning you can hold down Square and attack? That might be worth a buck!

Wow, I just tried the DLC level, and the slowdown when you're fighting Pram is really, really bad. Made the fight harder than it should have been.

Top Bottom