• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Probably the most horrifying insect ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure i should have entered this thread

Clydefrog said:
Thank god insects are small. Human-sized wasps would be fucking terrifying.

yeah human sized wasps would be terrifying, shame i'm already petrified by small wasps. now even more worried. ahaha.

thanks gaf, you make it all so much better.

KidDork

I saw a spider catch, bite and wrap a yellowjacket yesterday. The yellowjacket struggled and struggled, was bit again, and then finally lay there, it's mandibles clicking against the webbing.

Horrible.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I read the title as "Probably the most horrifying incest ever."

I think I'll go to the shrink now.

So the wasp turns its prey into a zombie, plants its eggs into it, traps/barricades it, and the prey can't do anything as it is forced to be eaten by wasp babies from the inside out...alive?

WTF?

If these guys evolve to hunt humans, it'll be game over.

Kinyou

OuterWorldVoice said:
www.potatobugs.com

An insect that ONLY feeds on human cheeks.
Q: I have potato bugs in my vegetable garden. How can I rid myself of these pesky critters?
A: Drench your entire yard with gasoline and set it ablaze. Once the fire has burned itself out and the ground has cooled, cultivate the soil to a depth of seven feet, saturate the area with battery acid and top the surface with gasoline. After a few minutes, most of the surviving potato bugs, now irritated, will burrow up for air. Set the yard on fire again, and let it burn itself out. The remaining bugs should be crisped. Add water. Only then, and only maybe, will you rid yourself of potato bugs.

Q: When I sleep, I have recurring dreams about potato bugs. Nightmares, really. Should I be concerned?
A: No. We all have nightmares about potato bugs. Try not to drink alcohol right before bed.
lol

btw. those insect killing mushrooms are kinda scary too:

antfungusarlg.jpg

Pollux

Clydefrog said:
Thank god insects are small. Human-sized wasps would be fucking terrifying.
Human sized anything (not already that size or larger) would be fucking terrifying.

e.g. Squirrels...human sized ones, they would be evil man. pure evil. The ones behind my apartment building already run up to you as soon as you walk out the door and jump on your leg hoping for food.

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
www.potatobugs.com

An insect that ONLY feeds on human cheeks.
Q: I have potato bugs in my vegetable garden. How can I rid myself of these pesky critters?

A: Drench your entire yard with gasoline and set it ablaze. Once the fire has burned itself out and the ground has cooled, cultivate the soil to a depth of seven feet, saturate the area with battery acid and top the surface with gasoline. After a few minutes, most of the surviving potato bugs, now irritated, will burrow up for air. Set the yard on fire again, and let it burn itself out. The remaining bugs should be crisped. Add water. Only then, and only maybe, will you rid yourself of potato bugs.​
Sound advice.

Advance_Alarm said:
this is the one that freaks me out

Cymothoa exigua

Cymothoa exigua, or the tongue-eating louse, is a parasitic crustacean of the family Cymothoidae. It tends to be 3 to 4 centimetres (1.2 to 1.6 in) long. This parasite enters through the gills, and then attaches itself at the base of the spotted rose snapper's (Lutjanus guttatus) tongue. It extracts blood through the claws on its front, causing the tongue to atrophy from lack of blood. The parasite then replaces the fish's tongue by attaching its own body to the muscles of the tongue stub. The fish is able to use the parasite just like a normal tongue.
Holy shit.

linko9

Not as bad as the dickworm (not an insect though). It lives in water and crawls up your dick. I forget what it's actually called, and I'm not going to google dickworm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom