• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

danowat

Banned
If you've ever used bonnet cam or roof cam on PS4 then you must have noticed the reflections sliding in from one side rather than reflecting the road ahead..? It's very hard not to see.

this thread

Use hood cam a fair bit, and I'll be honest I've never really noticed it!, I tend to fix my viewpoint on the middle distance.

Mascot

Use hood cam a fair bit, and I'll be honest I've never really noticed it!, I tend to fix my viewpoint on the middle distance.

I don't think anyone stares at the bonnet while driving..!

Your peripheral vision doesn't pick it up and send disorientating messages to your brain? Any history of glaucoma in the family..? :p

(You know you won't be able to unsee it now, don't you..?)

Oh, another thing: the next patch is apparently almost ready so this might not make it in, depending on testing and deadlines.

danowat

Banned
I don't think anyone stares at the bonnet while driving..!

Your peripheral vision doesn't pick it up and send disorientating messages to your brain? Any history of glaucoma in the family..? :p

(You know you won't be able to unsee it now, don't you..?)

Oh, another thing: the next patch is apparently almost ready so this might not make it in, depending on testing and deadlines.

No, but at my age my eyes aren't brilliant anyway!.

And yes, I know, can't unsee, can't unsee!

Mascot

It's just been confirmed that the PS4 bonnet reflections fix HAS been included into the next patch, AND that patch will be submitted for certification today.

Also force feedback on x1 v2.0 is waaaay different (thrustmaster tx). It's super strong and constant tension on the wheel, I'm afraid it's going to damage it under extended play. I'm a bit confused by the config screen though and while I've changed things that decrease the feedback they also seem to destroy the driveability. Anyone have some suggestions?

I fucking hate that the game is still in a state at which its this fucked without PC level tweaking of settings. This is why I console game.

I had to reset all settings to default, to make it not feel like I was wrestling a bear while driving.

Good news - PS4 bonnet reflections have now been fixed to correctly reflect the environment and car movement (instead of weirdly sliding in from one side), and are also slightly faster and 4x the resolution.

No - great news.

Probably the last thing I'd demand fixing.

Let's just hope that this comes along with hefty patching in racing logics, pit stops and whatnot.

Who was this guy? I'm quite happy to quiz him directly on the WMD forum. I'd love to understand his reasoning.

Maybe going through the credits will give us the name of the culprit?

It's not the most urgent fix, but is a constant disorientating annoyance in bonnet/roof cam for a lot of people.

I've asked for a patch list to see what else is included.

Off course, I appreciate that. It's just, to be honest, my time on roof cam can't be much more than a couple of seconds during the switching cam procedures.

I think there are some UI tweaks on the pit menu forthcoming.........

Good to hear because pit stop issues are on the verge of making the game unplayable.

But I'm going skeptical this time. Patch 2.0 failed to solve issues it was said it would on the release notes.

You guys have any tips on driving the McLaren F1? It's pretty tough to control...

Also could use some pointers with the Clio. Having trouble keeping pace with the AI in it.

Jamesways

Spa (of course) and RA

...and covered in skidmarks..?

My man! I love RA, it has a special place in my heart. Before the birth of my 2 girls, I used to go there for the American LeMans races in August.

I tell ya, open paddock, chatting with drivers and teams, ear drums getting blown out by the Vettes and Ferraris, good times.

Count me in for Imola and Spa too.

Man, I wish they included Zandvoort in the future. Remember Race Pro? That had an amazing track list for a console game.

And skidmarks? No, no, covered in rubber silly!

edit-
I love Road America too, but the pCars versions seems a little weird, isn't it? Or is it just me?
It's pretty good. It's missing some elevation by Canada Corner, and some trackside details going up to Pit Lane. But they got the stands right around Turn 5. And the go cart/Chevy test track is in before the Speedville bridge. That's been missing in games for years.

Milestone's Ride actually has a decent version. The elevation seems more pronounced onboard a bike.

DD

It's pretty good. It's missing some elevation by Canada Corner, and some trackside details going up to Pit Lane. But they got the stands right around Turn 5. And the go cart/Chevy test track is in before the Speedville bridge. That's been missing in games for years.
Yeah, I just saw two videos by DigiProst (a fellow gaffer) comparing it with the laser scanned iRacing version, and with a real life video, and it changed my mind. Maybe it's because I raced there just once in pCars, with some odd sunset lightning conditions. I'm used with the forever noon versions of Forza and Race 07. My bad. :p

danowat

Banned
Top 3 tracks hey?, ok then........in no particular order

1) Monza, the feeling when you nail Lesmo 2, pricelss

2) Watkins Glen, besides the fact that it's my name, it flows really well, and I love some of the slight banking in the corners which shoot you out the corner if you hit it right

3) Brno, just love the way this track flows, probably more suited to bikes than cars, but it's just got some great corners in it.

Top 3 worse tracks.

1) Nordschleife, nope, don't get it, in real life it's fun, but just find it a waste in a game, never have liked it.

2) Azure / Monaco, nope, just not fun.

3) Ruapuna Park, boring.

danowat

Banned
It's soulless, featureless, dull, generic, ugly... utterly pointless and waste of one of a limited number of DLC tracks, I reckon. Some people claim to like it though.

It's pretty decent for testing cars, as it's quite technical, but it's a bit bland for racing on.

What I dislike:

- Bathurst: Sorry, I never got it.

- Sakkito: Crappy Suzuka

- Nordschleife: I'm with James May on this one, thig thing should be bombed to the ground. Digitally, at least.

I refuse to give Ruapuna some credit in my most hated tracks list.

Mascot

Nordschleife is a great TT track but I've always hated racing on it. It's just too narrow and twisty to offer many decent overtaking opportunities.

I'm glad it's in pCARS, but I'm not sure I've even driven it yet.

I actually prefer the GP layout to the 'real' Suzuka.

Blasphemer!

Suzuka is awesome, has such a nice flow of fast corners. Reminds me Imola a lot. Sakkito is a rubbish attempt to keep lawyers outside SMS headquarters.

They should make it really an original track, a completely different and new circuit, all fictional, just with Japanese motifs around. Then I wouldn't mind the absence of Suzuka, specially when compared to this shitty boring Suzuka wanna be.

Icefire1424

Ah Nordschleife. That track where no matter how many times I've driven on it over the years in Gran Turismo and other games, I never fail to fly off the tarmac and into a wall at high speed no more than a couple times per lap.

'Tis gorgeous, but for the life of me I cannot navigate around that track.

xrnzaaas

Ah Nordschleife. That track where no matter how many times I've driven on it over the years in Gran Turismo and other games, I never fail to fly off the tarmac and into a wall at high speed no more than a couple times per lap.

'Tis gorgeous, but for the life of me I cannot navigate around that track.

You're not alone. I don't like long tracks in general (>2 minutes per lap in a fast car) with only a few exceptions like Spa.

fresquito

What I dislike:

- Bathurst: Sorry, I never got it.

- Sakkito: Crappy Suzuka

- Nordschleife: I'm with James May on this one, thig thing should be bombed to the ground. Digitally, at least.

I refuse to give Ruapuna some credit in my most hated tracks list.
That's almost ignore list worthy!

That's almost ignore list worthy!

And I've praised his taste... ¬¬

Sorry!

But it's way too narrow, many slow corners and it fails miserably to give nice online races.

This game could use an overhauled photo mode. I never thought I'd miss this feature so much as I'm now, since pCARS implementation leaves much to be desired.

kIuicXa.jpg

pNBkigq.jpg

tKzPp8m.jpg

eV73WwK.jpg

OGZRM00.jpg

DD

Sorry!

But it's way too narrow, many slow corners and it fails miserably to give nice online races.

This game could use an overhauled photo mode. I never thought I'd miss this feature so much as I'm now, since pCARS implementation leaves much to be desired.

Yeah, the photomode (at least on the PS4 version) is prety much useless. Not even free camera movement, and the sliders take ages o move, like they don't even care. :p

Yeah, the photomode (at least on the PS4 version) is prety much useless. Not even free camera movement, and the sliders take ages o move, like they don't even care. :p

The worst thing is that you can't snap photos through replays. You have to pause the game while you are playing to do it. This means you gonna lose some epic momments.

The no free cam thing is beyond me.

And the UI, off course, is utterly hopeless.

The whole thing feels like some after thought. Like, the game was "ready" and someone said "you know what? We should put a photo mode on it. Just for the lolz".

danowat

Banned
Photomode? Lol, it's amazing they dare call it that, seriously lacking, especially considering the sheer number of bullshots that were doing the rounds prior to release, it's impossible, at least on consoles, to replicate most of them.

Mascot

I've never personally understood the fascination with photo modes in car games, although I do realise they are extremely popular. What do you do with the photos of the cars afterwards (apart from post them on forums)..? Just gaze at them longingly?

I'd much rather be out on the track, driving the things.

danowat

Banned
I've never personally understood the fascination with photo modes in car games, although I do realise they are extremely popular. What do you do with the photos of the cars afterwards (apart from post them on forums)..? Just gaze at them longingly?

I guess it's the same reason people take pictures of wildlife and other things, just the challenge of composing a decent shot.

Staab

First payments for the "backers" are going to be made soon, there's an announcement on the pCARS forums if you want to look it up.
Their current estimate is at least a 110% RoI, which means anyone will make their money back + at least 10% benefit, and that's just the first payment, not bad ;)

Make sure your paypal address is up to date !

Really, really nice ones I use to make my own apps with wallpapers for my smartphone. I use them as my wallpapers on PC also. Back in the day (GT5), I did have a huge Flickr with tons of nice shots.

But not for some time now, since pCARS photo mode is useless and all you can get from it is some very embarassing shots.

DD

Well, I simply enjoy photography in general. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DD

Guys, is there a way to stop the game from offering invitational events I've done before? I did some, but they were getting annoying with the time. You know, I was so in love with the GT4 Ginetta that I didn't wanted to drive anything else. Also, is there a prize for doing them?

I won the GT4 championship and received even an offer to do the LMP1 class, but I decided to go to the GT3 class with a McLaren, which is awesome too.

Mobius 1

I have some images shot in GT5 and 6 that I use as screensaver at work. People often stop by to ogle. Sometimes you get to capture a nice moment.

Sorc3r3r

So anyone can share his/her set up for the C9 on Spa?

I've won with ease Monza and Brno, with some very minor tunig of the standard set up of the C9.
Going into Spa, a track i already know, and the A.I. keeps giving me 2 to 3 seconds gap, it's a while I'm trying variations of setting but the gap is still there.

Advices?

Top Bottom