• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS | OT | Made by 80.000 slightly mad developers

Same. :p

I wonder if SMS could use some ot the tracks they've made for Shift 2, such as Autopolis, Enna Pergusa and Rouen-Les-Essarts.

Rouen and Clermont Ferrand would make me forgive every bug, oversight and UI wonkiness within the game.

Estoril would be nice.

DD

Unfortunately no, all the assets and IPs and licenses are owned by EA, and I'm sure SMS had to fight to the tooth and nail to keep their engine. They were able to get some base setups from pre-Test Drive Ferrari era tracks which definitely made it quicked to get them playable, but I think they've exhausted all their existing content.

I probably won't be picking the DLC in the near future, hardly any free-time (with gaming computer available that is) in the next 1.5 months and I've got my hands full with the career :(
But they had some of these tracks at TDF... ;(

Rouen and Clermont Ferrand would make me forgive every bug, oversight and UI wonkiness within the game.

Estoril would be nice.

Amazing as they are, they're outdated as fuck. But would be nice to run some older cars on these tracks.

About Estoril, I prefer Algarve. :3

Amazing as they are, they're outdated as fuck. But would be nice to run some older cars on these tracks.

I was thinking something in the lines of a classic content, with cars and tracks, maybe some carreer paths.

Algarve is awesome, I just forgot to mention it. But I'd put Estoril before Algarve due to its heritage. But hey, if we get any of them, I'd be very happily to buy the DLC.

_machine

But they had some of these tracks at TDF... ;(

You mean this Rouen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwW0j0uM7F8 ? :)

Honestly, having checked up on some of the partially planned or worked on tracks, if they manage to get most of them done for DLC I think a lot of you will be very happy, me included.

Though I've never really understood that Rouen myself, could be one of those tracks that are much better enjoyed with a wheel. Sorry DD.

DD

You mean this Rouen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwW0j0uM7F8 ? :)

Honestly, having checked up on some of the partially planned or worked on tracks, if they manage to get most of them done for DLC I think a lot of you will be very happy, me included.

Though I've never really understood that Rouen myself, could be one of those tracks that are much better enjoyed with a wheel. Sorry DD.

See if I had a wheel....... Lol

Goddamn, the R18 e-tron quattro sticks to the tarmac like shit on a blanket. The aero grip is just unreal.

Once I get my setups fully dialed in, I could see this thing cutting seconds off my lap times in the TDI without breaking a sweat.

darknil

So, I bought this game recently on PS4 and I've loved it. Career mode is pretty interesting and I was a bit overwhelmed about the number of things you can customize.

But, I've encountered a wall recently. I was breezing through Kart season winning everything (ai is at 50) with some difficulty because of roads or random starting positions, so it's all good now.. Until I reached the invitational events.

Suddenly everything beats me, the car does not respond as well as before, I cannot take any curves now, so I decided to switch on braking and steering help.. Nothing, my ass is still getting kicked.

So I found there is a lot that you can customize both for the controls (I'm using a DS4) and the car itself but I'm a noon still, so, do you know any quick guide with all the stuff? I'm growing tired of tinkering stuff just to see if I can win just as I was winning 2-3 races before.

Fuzyfrog

To have our local track from my hometown, Im so excited.

Never thought I would see Ruapuna in a console game.
Its host to some amazing racing and some very rare cars race there.

Something to do with Mclaren being founded by a kiwi or something :p

20120718104957_00004.jpg

FzSskna.jpg

So, I bought this game recently on PS4 and I've loved it. Career mode is pretty interesting and I was a bit overwhelmed about the number of things you can customize.

But, I've encountered a wall recently. I was breezing through Kart season winning everything (ai is at 50) with some difficulty because of roads or random starting positions, so it's all good now.. Until I reached the invitational events.

Suddenly everything beats me, the car does not respond as well as before, I cannot take any curves now, so I decided to switch on braking and steering help.. Nothing, my ass is still getting kicked.

So I found there is a lot that you can customize both for the controls (I'm using a DS4) and the car itself but I'm a noon still, so, do you know any quick guide with all the stuff? I'm growing tired of tinkering stuff just to see if I can win just as I was winning 2-3 races before.

Be prepared to alter the AI level for every event, sadly it's all over the play from discipline to discipline. Some races in saloon cars I'll need it at 60 in order to keep up, but in single seaters I can still win regularly with it at 90.

xrnzaaas

I don't understand why SMS added the new A1 Quattro to the career events with the A45 AMG, BMW 1 Series and Mitsubishi Lancer. It's much much slower. You get a slower start, you don't get the same top speed and there's only so much you can do by taking corners perfectly. I've finished a few races with it and in most of them the A1's were dead last with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

danowat

Banned

I posted a list of settings and a quick explanation of each setting a few pages back.

FYI, you don't need to do the invitations, you can skip them if you want.

I don't understand why SMS added the new A1 Quattro to the career events with the A45 AMG, BMW 1 Series and Mitsubishi Lancer. It's much much slower. You get a slower start, you don't get the same top speed and there's only so much you can do by taking corners perfectly. I've finished a few races with it and in most of them the A1's were dead last with maybe 1 or 2 exceptions.

PCars car grouping is bizarre, that said, the A1 is great for single make races :)

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm now both UK and World Superkart Champion. I basically wiped the field by at least 2 seconds a lap everywhere we went, dominating in a manner that should have F1 teams knocking at my door, scrambling with their checkbooks.

Why do I not have any contract offers to move up anywhere?

danowat

Banned
I'm now both UK and World Superkart Champion. I basically wiped the field by at least 2 seconds a lap everywhere we went, dominating in a manner that should have F1 teams knocking at my door, scrambling with their checkbooks.

Why do I not have any contract offers to move up anywhere?

Got to the end of the year yet?, you won't get an offer for Formula A from Superkarts though.......

Seanspeed

Banned
Got to the end of the year yet?, you won't get an offer for Formula A from Superkarts though.......
I was just joking about the F1 thing.

But I'd like to move to Formula Rookie, at least. Gave it a test drive and it's really fun car to drive. I've two invitational events left before the end of the calendar year. Do I need to do them? I cant skip them? One is the McLaren F1 3 hour event at Zolder again. Not that I'd hate to do it again, but I'd rather not at the moment.

xrnzaaas

But I'd like to move to Formula Rookie, at least. Gave it a test drive and it's really fun car to drive. I've two invitational events left before the end of the calendar year. Do I need to do them? I cant skip them? One is the McLaren F1 3 hour event at Zolder again. Not that I'd hate to do it again, but I'd rather not at the moment.

You can skip the invitational events and it won't reflect on the contracts received at the end of the year (only the main series counts).

danowat

Banned

You can skip the invitational events and it won't reflect on the contracts received at the end of the year (only the main series counts).

Pretty much the above.

You should get a Rookie offer, my path has gone Karts > Rookie > Formula C >

After my Rookie season I was flooded with offers ranging from Rookies again, all the way through to GT Endurance and even LMP.

Seanspeed

Banned
Man, I've encountered this bug several times where after qualifying, I exit out and hit 'yes' when it asks me to save results, only for it to not save and it acts like I haven't done qualifying when I return. So either I do the qualifying session all over again or I skip it, possibly lose bonus points and start from farther back.

And the reason I exit out a lot after qualifying is I don't want to do a really long qualifying, but I would like a somewhat longer race. So I have to exit out, return to the calendar/meet screen and change the length in between.

Annoying.

Icefire1424

Pretty much the above.

You should get a Rookie offer, my path has gone Karts > Rookie > Formula C >

After my Rookie season I was flooded with offers ranging from Rookies again, all the way through to GT Endurance and even LMP.

I was torn regarding which direction to head at that point. After my Superkart season I got offers for Formula Rookie, GT3 and LMP2. Ended up going Formula Rookie as it seemed the most logical progression towards Formula A, although I was very tempted to try out GT3 and LMP2 cars. Might have to give them a shot sometime, but was worried going the route of "closed wheel" race cars would prevent me from progressing in Formula.

Seanspeed

Banned
I was torn regarding which direction to head at that point. After my Superkart season I got offers for Formula Rookie, GT3 and LMP2. Ended up going Formula Rookie as it seemed the most logical progression towards Formula A, although I was very tempted to try out GT3 and LMP2 cars. Might have to give them a shot sometime, but was worried going the route of "closed wheel" race cars would prevent me from progressing in Formula.
Formula Rookie is a great car, at least. I'm having a great time with it.

Thing is, I'm not usually a huge fan of the really high HP/high DF open wheelers. So I may just get up to Formula C and then switch over to Touring cars, GT cars or maybe a run in LMP3 or LMP2.

I don't know. I may not make it that far at all, honestly. Still haven't checked out online, so I might want to spend more time there. The AI gets old, with the exact same faults each and every race, making them easy to exploit and beat.

Formula Rookie is a great car, at least. I'm having a great time with it.

Thing is, I'm not usually a huge fan of the really high HP/high DF open wheelers. So I may just get up to Formula C and then switch over to Touring cars, GT cars or maybe a run in LMP3 or LMP2.

I don't know. I may not make it that far at all, honestly. Still haven't checked out online, so I might want to spend more time there. The AI gets old, with the exact same faults each and every race, making them easy to exploit and beat.

That's what I've done. F-Rookie -> Formula C (simply glorious things to drive) -> GT3

Sadly, only one offer from GT3 from a McLaren team and I had to take it. My plans are getting into the WEC series and never leaving because I find that LMP1 championship stupid, unnecessary, unrealistic, wonky and idiotic as a Clubman event on GT.

Seanspeed

Banned
That's what I've done. F-Rookie -> Formula C (simply glorious things to drive) -> GT3

Sadly, only one offer from GT3 from a McLaren team and I had to take it. My plans are getting into the WEC series and never leaving because I find that LMP1 championship stupid, unnecessary, unrealistic, wonky and idiotic as a Clubman event on GT.
Because they're not true endurance races?

danowat

Banned
Formula C is a lot of fun, I think I'll be torn as to which way to turn at the end of the Formula C season........might go for a bit of LMP action.......

I've actually got two careers running concurrently, one more single seater / prototype based, one more tintop based, currently in the Ginetta Juniors after the Clio's in that one.

Because they're not true endurance races?

Not really. There isn't such thing in real world and to make matters worse, the series make you run LMP1 cars around Monaco (seriously, 20 something big ass LMP1 cars around Monaco. It misses some turtles to be thrown at each other) and Bathurst, two of the least appropriate tracks to race such cars in the whole world.

Specially Monaco. In a LMP1 car, is arcadish as it gets.

I get why they did it, but I think they should put the WEC over this LMP1 only nonsense.

The carreer is nice and all, but needs some polish (well, everything in the game needs it). If you want to go backwards, or stay in the same championship, season after season, just changing teams, you can't.

You can? And I thought that my first career got erased. The UI in pCARS is really something. :/

The UI in this game makes GT5's looks as a masterpiece.

Seanspeed

Banned
Not really. There isn't such thing in real world and to make matters worse, the series make you run LMP1 cars around Monaco (seriously, 20 something big ass LMP1 cars around Monaco. It misses some turtles to be thrown at each other) and Bathurst, two of the least appropriate tracks to race such cars in the whole world.

Specially Monaco. In a LMP1 car, is arcadish as it gets.

I get why they did it, but I think they should put the WEC over this LMP1 only nonsense.

The carreer is nice and all, but needs some polish (well, everything in the game needs it). If you want to go backwards, or stay in the same championship, season after season, just changing teams, you can't.
I don't advocate prototype machinery at tracks like Monaco, but F1 does race there. And Bathurst has plenty of faster, more wide open sections. They wouldn't be my first choices for these cars, but it doesn't seem unrealistic, necessarily. Not sure what you mean by 'arcade', either.

If they actually had proper WEC-style multiclass racing, *then* it'd be a big problem.

I don't advocate prototype machinery at tracks like Monaco, but F1 does race there. And Bathurst has plenty of faster, more wide open sections. They wouldn't be my first choices for these cars, but it doesn't seem unrealistic, necessarily. Not sure what you mean by 'arcade', either.

If they actually had proper WEC-style multiclass racing, *then* it'd be a big problem.

F1 only races in Monaco due to its historical significance not because it's a nice track.

The AI seems to agree with me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvcTBCyC0xM

It isn't a track suitable for LMP1 cars as Bathurst isn't. And putting these cars to race there, as a main goal in your career isn't something I'd expect for a racing simulator.

Mascot

What's all this talk about driving cars outside of the GT classes? That's like sneaking out of the Playboy mansion to have sex with a park bench.

Seanspeed

Banned
F1 only races in Monaco due to its historical significance not because it's a nice track.
Tradition, sure, but they do make it work and it does happen. It is not 'unrealistic' or bullshit. Lots of series outside of F1 race on even more ridiculous tracks. Did you watch the Formula E finale in London? Shit was basically raced on sidewalks through a park.

What's all this talk about driving cars outside of the GT classes? That's like sneaking out of the Playboy mansion to have sex with a park bench.
Park benches are STD free, yo.

Metfanant

That is the one thing I RRALLY want in the career...I'd like to work my way up to Formula A...win the world championship...and then settle into my career and spend the rest of it as a GT3 driver...

DD

Does anybody know a good setup for motion controller? Id like to try it with the DS4, but I'm not in the mood to spend a couple of hours trying to find something useful. :p

Tradition, sure, but they do make it work and it does happen. It is not 'unrealistic' or bullshit. Lots of series outside of F1 race on even more ridiculous tracks. Did you watch the Formula E finale in London? Shit was basically raced on sidewalks through a park.

Park benches are STD free, yo.

I see, so because it happens that a new formula series, which races slow ass cars, held events on park sidewalks, it's ok to admit a LMP1 race at Monaco?

By that logic, it would be ok to have a event on the series in the Glencairn kart track.

xrnzaaas

I've entered quite a lot of LMP2/LMP1 races recently and the rolling starts really need fixing. Sometimes you get overtaken before crossing the start/finish line. In some cases you can control your car while preparing for a start, in some cases (even after restarting a race) you can't. I even had a situation where my car crashed into a car in front (the AI was in control), but thankfully there was no real damage.

Seanspeed

Banned
I see, so because it happens that a new formula series, which races slow ass cars, held events on park sidewalks, it's ok to admit a LMP1 race at Monaco?

By that logic, it would be ok to have a event on the series in the Glencairn kart track.
I'm saying its not unrealistic...

fresquito

Fitting? Probably not. Realistic? Why not? I mean, they raced the BMW Procar there and that car is a beast. I don't see why they couldn't make it happen for LMP1.

DD

I've entered quite a lot of LMP2/LMP1 races recently and the rolling starts really need fixing. Sometimes you get overtaken before crossing the start/finish line. In some cases you can control your car while preparing for a start, in some cases (even after restarting a race) you can't. I even had a situation where my car crashed into a car in front (the AI was in control), but thankfully there was no real damage.

This effin whole game needs fixing, lol.

darknil

I posted a list of settings and a quick explanation of each setting a few pages back.

FYI, you don't need to do the invitations, you can skip them if you want.

Thanks, I've used them and now I feel I'm back in control!

Moved from 25/30 on qualys to 10/30, still a lot to improve but now I feel I have a chance. Now I've started to measure gas and some settings in order to improve steering.

By the way, on my last race my HUD disappeared, I can't get it back (primarly I need the gas meter :p) and the race engineer has not talked to me since... the beginning of the game. Any ideas?

xrnzaaas

Thanks, I've used them and now I feel I'm back in control!

Moved from 25/30 on qualys to 10/30, still a lot to improve but now I feel I have a chance. Now I've started to measure gas and some settings in order to improve steering.

By the way, on my last race my HUD disappeared, I can't get it back (primarly I need the gas meter :p) and the race engineer has not talked to me since... the beginning of the game. Any ideas?

You should be able to find the Edit HUD Layout option in the pause menu. Also you can change HUD in realtime using the dpad (PS4/X0 versions). As for the engineer, you can also turn him on/off in the options. I have him turned off, but he doesn't always shut up. ;)

Seanspeed

Banned
I have to cycle through my HUD *every single* non-continuous session. It just refuses to save what I change it to.

The whole settings saving thing is a huge issue in general. I genuinely dont understand the whole tuning, setup and saving shit this game has. You get like several different menu options, you can save shit, sometimes it carries over, sometimes it doesn't, I just dont fucking get it. And god help you if it you experience mixed conditions and want to change things.

I honestly have no fucking clue how the whole setup and pit menus and everything work. I get by on a case-by-case basis, but it'd be *really* nice if I could actually save things properly and have some default options that dont seem to bafflingly reset all the time.

Also, having spent some time on slicks in the wet, *that* is how the cars should handle in the wet, even on rain tires. With rain tires, you can basically drive normally, just with a very slight bit of caution. Seriously, I can drive within a second or two of my dry times in the wet, which is ridiculous. It should be a 30-40% increase in lap time.

kie25

I have to cycle through my HUD *every single* non-continuous session. It just refuses to save what I change it to.

The whole settings saving thing is a huge issue in general. I genuinely dont understand the whole tuning, setup and saving shit this game has. You get like several different menu options, you can save shit, sometimes it carries over, sometimes it doesn't, I just dont fucking get it. And god help you if it you experience mixed conditions and want to change things.

I honestly have no fucking clue how the whole setup and pit menus and everything work. I get by on a case-by-case basis, but it'd be *really* nice if I could actually save things properly and have some default options that dont seem to bafflingly reset all the time.

Also, having spent some time on slicks in the wet, *that* is how the cars should handle in the wet, even on rain tires. With rain tires, you can basically drive normally, just with a very slight bit of caution. Seriously, I can drive within a second or two of my dry times in the wet, which is ridiculous. It should be a 30-40% increase in lap time.

You can drive within few seconds your dry times in wet? That's not what I've experienced, on brands hatch in our top tier GT3 league race I was hitting 1.22.1 in dry then the weather was light rain in real life so our race got changed to light rain and I did a near perfect lap got a 1.28.1 that's 6 seconds with light rain, heavy rain was even slower in practice. Also I've had no issues with setups but I haven't played the career all my setup saves are through free practice, so I'm not sure if that effects anything.

I thought when I got this game I wouldnt be able to drive the cars at all but I was plesantly surprised that its easier to drive than both Grid 2 and Need for Speed most wanted 2012 (the other 2 racing games I own). That is after you adjust to not spinning out.

Has anyone here had issues with their T300rs wheel breaking with Pcars? Mine is on the way from Amazon, and I'm starting to worry after reading some of the posts on the Pcars forum.

Top Bottom