• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Good games, Haeralis! Sorry for that Delfino pick towards the end there, accidentally hit random. -_-

Your Captain Falcon is relentless! Going to need a rematch sometime to find a way to counter that.

That must've been us. Servers seem to be still acting weird, it took a second for me to be able to join the game earlier.

Thanks! If you think mine is bad, you should fight Kman sometime. The nightmares...

Great turnaround at FoD against my Fox btw, thought I had that one.

I'll be online if anyone else wants to play

It's not you, it's the server. People on Smashboards are also having the problem. If it's anything like last time though, the server bug should sort itself out promptly

shaowebb

I've been a lifetime Dorfer, but after a recent 4 day smash a thon with Project M I believe I have a new character I've fallen all over.

PEACH. My god the moment her mobility game clicks with her float cancelling, air dodging and general air footsies. Her booty shot whif punishing and brella juggling is just amazing. once they finally do catch her I counter. I hope the Smash 4 version is anywhere near as good as the Project M Peach is for me. If so her and Lil Mac will be my bros forever.

Any advice for me fellow Gaf-Smashers?

I've been a lifetime Dorfer, but after a recent 4 day smash a thon with Project M I believe I have a new character I've fallen all over.

PEACH. My god the moment her mobility game clicks with her float cancelling, air dodging and general air footsies. Her booty shot whif punishing and brella juggling is just amazing. once they finally do catch her I counter. I hope the Smash 4 version is anywhere near as good as the Project M Peach is for me. If so her and Lil Mac will be my bros forever.

Any advice for me fellow Gaf-Smashers?

My advice is to stop using Peach, but that's (just slightly) biased since I find her the most annoying character to play against lol

shaowebb

My advice is to stop using Peach, but that's (just slightly) biased since I find her the most annoying character to play against lol

I made no share of friends over the weekend so I feel ya lol. That's what I like about her. Especially how infuriating her taunts get after you KO someone off stage. :D

Her mobility though...my god once you learn her air control game. Sooooooooo much mobility.

trying to join anyone and everyone's room, including Jelly. Can't join up, must still be suffering.

Yeah, it's weird that the problem was fixed about an hour ago only for it to come back.

Btw, what is your FC shaowebb? I may not be able to play today thanks to this server bug, but I'd love to play sometime soon against this Peach. Maybe she's obnoxious to me because of next to no match up experience (+floatiness, voice, moveset)

shaowebb

Yeah, it's weird that the problem was fixed about an hour ago only for it to come back.

Btw, what is your FC shaowebb? I may not be able to play today thanks to this server bug, but I'd love to play sometime soon against this Peach. Maybe she's obnoxious to me because of next to no match up experience (+floatiness, voice, moveset)

My Wii Friend Code is
4835-5669-2425-4727

Trust me she has float but she is anything BUT a floaty target. By using R trigger, attacks, directional Influence and the L trigger air dodge she begins to have crazy swoops and long range dash/dodge ability. You can also use her attacks as dodges but beware and learn not to get whif punished if you are using them that way. Her air mobility with that isn't slow either...it's pretty good. Try it some time vs a dummy and just do Jump brella into float and start playing with DI, and your triggers. She starts getting really mobile. On the ground its all about back dash, dodge rolls and spacing to bait whif punishes or counters for me. Her booty is sooooo scary a whif punish. I

shaowebb

Shouldn't it only have 12 numbers?

Thats how it was listed in my Wii Address book. I didn't go into Project M though to find it. Not certain.

Side note...just went and read some Peach stuff on Project M smash boards section and they still think she's slow compared to the rest. As a lifelong Dorfer I must say that this is not how I feel. I was born in the slow...Peach way faster for me. Maybe thats why I did well. Either way her float cancel swoops and down smashy stuff is great. I believe.

Thats how it was listed in my Wii Address book. I didn't go into Project M though to find it. Not certain.

Side note...just went and read some Peach stuff on Project M smash boards section and they still think she's slow compared to the rest. As a lifelong Dorfer I must say that this is not how I feel. I was born in the slow...Peach way faster for me. Maybe thats why I did well. Either way her float cancel swoops and down smashy stuff is great. I believe.

Oh, I know what the issue is. The Wii code is different from the Brawl one.

shaowebb

Oh, I know what the issue is. The Wii code is different from the Brawl one.

:C My Project M is boxed up for a move in 2 weeks.

Oh well I'll return. My goal is to start practicing some Short hop into fast fall into L cancel stuff with Peach to try and reach Mach speed once I return. So far I just use air footsies off of reads and fun stuff and it feels light years better than Dorf's whif punish game. I'll still maintain my Dorf but oh man has this character motivated me.

:C My Project M is boxed up for a move in 2 weeks.

Oh well I'll return. My goal is to start practicing some Short hop into fast fall into L cancel stuff with Peach to try and reach Mach speed once I return. So far I just use air footsies off of reads and fun stuff and it feels light years better than Dorf's whif punish game. I'll still maintain my Dorf but oh man has this character motivated me.
This sounds like it'll be a nightmare to fight, but definitely come back when you can and jump online. Hopefully all the server issues will be resolved by then.

shaowebb

This sounds like it'll be a nightmare to fight, but definitely come back when you can and jump online. Hopefully all the server issues will be resolved by then.

Moving in general is a nightmare. All I got up is my tablet and computer. At least there is steam.

Still, I just got off a 4 day visit with family and all 4 of us Smash as different folks so I had a blast. I was the resident heavy user as a Dorfer/Dedede guy. Then I picked up Peach and kind of earned a 3 on 1 kill that guy thing on day 2 all the way till the end. My wife is a scary as hell Sheik/Samus main and has been for years and her brother only plays Link and Toon Link (and beasts). Her sister is getting good with Roy now that he's back and is a Marth/Pit player. She's young and keeping up with us all and sort of organized her own scene in Logan WV. Proud of her. Altogether it was an insanely fun weekend of smash and its going to have to hold me for the next few weeks.

I'll likely need vacation time for the launch of Smash Wii U. I plan on bringing the Mac attack and seeing if Greninja or Villager suit my play since they interest me a lot with their tools.

Azure J

Moving in general is a nightmare. All I got up is my tablet and computer. At least there is steam.

Still, I just got off a 4 day visit with family and all 4 of us Smash as different folks so I had a blast. I was the resident heavy user as a Dorfer/Dedede guy. Then I picked up Peach and kind of earned a 3 on 1 kill that guy thing on day 2 all the way till the end. My wife is a scary as hell Sheik/Samus main and has been for years and her brother only plays Link and Toon Link (and beasts). Her sister is getting good with Roy now that he's back and is a Marth/Pit player. She's young and keeping up with us all and sort of organized her own scene in Logan WV. Proud of her. Altogether it was an insanely fun weekend of smash and its going to have to hold me for the next few weeks.

I'll likely need vacation time for the launch of Smash Wii U. I plan on bringing the Mac attack and seeing if Greninja or Villager suit my play since they interest me a lot with their tools.

Your wife's sister has impeccable taste.

Marf Squad/Pit Squad for life.

DedValve

Banned
how good is Ivysaur in this game? Especially now that he's his own character?

Him and Bowser (along with maybe Samus, gah I can't decide) are my favorites. Sucks that he won't be in the new game :(

Yeah, my old group of friends back home was nice because we all had different mains (Mario, Pit, Marth, and Dedede), so it was a nice mix. That's why I'm hoping the online will be solid for Smash 4, as I'll then get a chance to play against different characters.

I'm taking at least 2 days off for Smash U. Mario is almost for sure staying my main, but I also want to bring Little Mac and Greninja in the mix. Mega Man I really want to have as well, but I'm not sure he'll be suited to my play style. Too early to tell, though.

shaowebb

Yeah, my old group of friends back home was nice because we all had different mains (Mario, Pit, Marth, and Dedede), so it was a nice mix. That's why I'm hoping the online will be solid for Smash 4, as I'll then get a chance to play against different characters.

I'm taking at least 2 days off for Smash U. Mario is almost for sure staying my main, but I also want to bring Little Mac and Greninja in the mix. Mega Man I really want to have as well, but I'm not sure he'll be suited to my play style. Too early to tell, though.

We're looking at the same guys. I feel the same on Megaman as well. I've always had a backpocket Ness for when i'm done rushing it down and want to play an in and out style so maybe I can use Megaman. I really got the impression Hugs wasn't using him right at the tourney. I never saw ANY hard knuckle down airs, leaf shield pressure or up throw into the tornado shot (which looks insane).

I'm gonna put Megaman through the ringer and figure out his setups. I think Hard Knuckle, Tornado, and leaf are his major tools followed by GTFO flames. Hugs pretty well used topspin and slash claw the whole tourney and it seemed pretty bad. I think he was hoping for L cancel into top spin to be the new Metaknight tornado or something.

We're looking at the same guys. I feel the same on Megaman as well. I've always had a backpocket Ness for when i'm done rushing it down and want to play an in and out style so maybe I can use Megaman. I really got the impression Hugs wasn't using him right at the tourney. I never saw ANY hard knuckle down airs, leaf shield pressure or up throw into the tornado shot (which looks insane).

I'm gonna put Megaman through the ringer and figure out his setups. I think Hard Knuckle, Tornado, and leaf are his major tools followed by GTFO flames. Hugs pretty well used topspin and slash claw the whole tourney and it seemed pretty bad. I think he was hoping for L cancel into top spin to be the new Metaknight tornado or something.
Yeah, I'd have been spamming that up air constantly too.

It's always hard to decide who you're going to use pre-release. I would've never thought I'd use Lucas before Brawl came out, but he ended up being one of my mains. Whether or not I'll get to use him again...we'll see...

EDIT: Also, just read through your entire Captain Badass thread. What an epic little journey that was!

Riverfield

Neo Member
Short hopping and shffling with Peach is slow and impractical when you can just float cancel. Float-canceled aerials are what you should be practicing.

ErichWK

Out of curiosity is the Project M team still going to keep on supporting their Mod? I love it, but there are still character tweaks I would love to see come from them in the future.

DaBoss

Oh yea, me and Anura played and the online is working again.
Out of curiosity is the Project M team still going to keep on supporting their Mod? I love it, but there are still character tweaks I would love to see come from them in the future.
Yea, but it would take months for updates to come, so you have to be patient.

Top Bottom