• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project M 3.0 |OT| More Smash Bros. is a good thing

Linkhero1

Which version do you have? iirc there was an issue with 3.0 when it first released when Mewtwo and Roy were played at the same time or when the dry bones bowser skin was used on particular stages which they fixed i think in following patches.

I have the latest version installed. It's weird. It could be a costume issue but we tend to play with one Brawl costumes only.

Timu

I just tried Project M at Play n Trade and I like it, feels better than SSBB to me and more like the superior Melee. Would try to get into more someday.

ErichWK

Our office wii is homebrewed. Does that mean we *need* the homebrew options for project M? I got the regular option, and got it to load fine, but it froze when trying to load metal cavern. Then froze again as soon as we started Smashville.
It was 4 player free for all no items, no alt skins or new characters.

Cody_D165

Banned
Our office wii is homebrewed. Does that mean we *need* the homebrew options for project M? I got the regular option, and got it to load fine, but it froze when trying to load metal cavern. Then froze again as soon as we started Smashville.
It was 4 player free for all no items, no alt skins or new characters.

That's odd. I don't think you need to use the homebrew option. Although it's easier to load through the HBC. I could be wrong but I can't think of a reason you'd need to load it that way.

I'd probably recommend trying to copy everything clean to the SD card and try it again, and if that doesn't work give the homebrew option a shot.

ErichWK

alright, thanks! Do you have any order when you put in the SD card or weird bizarre tricks? Like eye the Wii seductively to let it bend to your will or give a photo of Sakurai of a blue flower?

ErichWK

Got it to work! I reformatted the SD card, and seemed to be fine. Did 4 player battles, ran beautifully.

But Olimar...why... :(

J@hranimo

Banned
Got it to work! I reformatted the SD card, and seemed to be fine. Did 4 player battles, ran beautifully.

But Olimar...why... :(

Yeah that's exactly how I felt when 3.0 first came out.

although after some usage of him he can be viable in PM. I'm actually working to make him one of my mains now, just like in Brawl. The hardest part despite the 4 pikmin limit is breaking old habits due to my old Brawl play style.

ErichWK

I'll give him more of a shot. Right now I am maining Dedede. I like charging my hammer, knocking people out and shouting "THE KING IS THE HAMMER OF THE LAW"

ErichWK

While doing a 4 player free for all two of my coworkers are complaining that their characters aren't responding the way they feel it should. Like they make a move and the character won't respond as fast? Is this just a new set of playstyles they have to learn or is this a common problem with certain characters. (ike, dr mario, link) that will be fixed.

edit: Also that comeback

THE KING RECLAIMING HIS THRONE

Jaeger

My Wii just broke. No more Project M until I hopefully get it fixed... :-(

pouring-out-liquor.gif

Riverfield

Neo Member
While doing a 4 player free for all two of my coworkers are complaining that their characters aren't responding the way they feel it should. Like they make a move and the character won't respond as fast? Is this just a new set of playstyles they have to learn or is this a common problem with certain characters. (ike, dr mario, link) that will be fixed.

edit: Also that comeback

THE KING RECLAIMING HIS THRONE
I never looked too deep into it but my friends said the same thing when first playing pro m after brawl. Maybe input queue is different or something. They now agree that the game is significantly faster than brawl however. Give it some time.

ALM5252

Added everyone on the google document. I'm available pretty much whenever.

Thing is I'll (more than likely) lag really bad. :/

That was incredible, but at the same time... what a choke job lol.

I am pretty sure he had like two good looks for a forward special that would have probably spiked DDD.
Falcon player was probably getting frustrated and losing his composure as the match went and Dedede kept living, lol.

I never looked too deep into it but my friends said the same thing when first playing pro m after brawl. Maybe input queue is different or something. They now agree that the game is significantly faster than brawl however. Give it some time.
I reckon this is because Brawl has a 10 frame buffer on inputs whereas Project M and Melee have no buffering at all. There's an option in the match settings called Input Assistance which should feel a bit more familiar for Brawl players.

Crew-05.png

catmario

I glad to see that this is not required any modded on wii.

I success to install custom wifi version, but no one is playing through wifi. :p

PikaED

I finally got the wi-fi working for P:M
...I had to delete my old save but...
, here's my info for the doc.
FC - 3313-1250-2274
Time Zone - EST
Mains - None

I should be able to play starting sometime tomorrow. Feel free to drop a PM to set up some matches, should be free for most of the week.

I finally got the wi-fi working for P:M
...I had to delete my old save but...
, here's my info for the doc.
FC - 3313-1250-2274
Time Zone - EST
Mains - None

I should be able to play starting sometime tomorrow. Feel free to drop a PM to set up some matches, should be free for most of the week.

Friend Code - 3153-4948-0443
Time Zone - Central (CST)
Characters/Mains - Mewtwo, Falco, Zero Suit Samus
Cool, will add you guys right now.

I'm getting on in about a half hour. My FC is in the Google Doc. If you don't have that it's 1809 8864 6968. Add me, I'll add you guys, and I'll just peek online for ya.

I was just playing a few hours ago... I have no clue what's causing this difficulty in joining a match.

So it's just me that can't join matches right now, right? How annoying...

EDIT: According to Smashboards it's not just me. Must be a server glitch or something

Jaeger's FC is invalid. Added everyone else on the document successfully.
I double checked and it's on their correctly, so not sure what's going on there.

Okay, so who can play?

I'd love to be added to the Doc.
FC: 2366-9231-1696
Time Zone: EST
Tag: Judge
Main: Captain Falcon
Secondaries: Falco, Roy, Marth, DDD
Just added you.

Also, if anyone wants to try and play, I'm about to get on. Hopefully all these server issues are gone.

I'm hopping on, hope to see somebody hosting!

EDIT: I'm in somebody's game with 2 other people, but i'm stuck in the training room and it's not progressing.

Good games, Haeralis! Sorry for that Delfino pick towards the end there, accidentally hit random. -_-

Your Captain Falcon is relentless! Going to need a rematch sometime to find a way to counter that.

I'm hopping on, hope to see somebody hosting!

EDIT: I'm in somebody's game with 2 other people, but i'm stuck in the training room and it's not progressing.
That must've been us. Servers seem to be still acting weird, it took a second for me to be able to join the game earlier.

Top Bottom