• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

LordofPwn

I think comparing what Colin did to the joking nature of a podcast called super Knockin boots is comparing Apples to Oranges.
more like comparing a photo of an apple to an apple in your hand. One has more context around it than the other but they're both Apples

The worst PSN name will always be ChildPunographer.

Was I allowed to even write that? Ugh God let this guy change his fucking name lol it's morbid.

Agreed, this is the worst name.

decisions

Super Knockin' Boots is a comedy/dating advice show. IIRC the mailbox joke was about how if anyone (I don't even think that it was restricted to women) underage wanted to have sex they could bang on the maklbox because it was "federally protected property" and thus the federal age of consent would apply, not the state.

Sure sounds like a real, serious piece of advice to use as evidence for someone's actual beliefs!

I have no idea where she is getting the rape thing from. There were often times where they would tell guys that the girl was not interested in them and to move on. There were also times where they would tell guys to make their intentions known so that they didn't get friendzoned. Maybe she's talking about that? Maybe it's rape if you have to do any work at all to make the girl interested in you. I honestly don't know what she could be talking about.

kiguel182

How old was that show? Greg might have a different stance on those things now and be a better person.

Doesn't mean he can't criticize Colin just because he was sexist years ago. People change.

Super Knockin' Boots is a comedy/dating advice show. IIRC the mailbox joke was about how if anyone (I don't even think that it was restricted to women) underage wanted to have sex they could bang on the maklbox because it was "federally protected property" and thus the federal age of consent would apply, not the state.

Sure sounds like a real, serious piece of advice to use as evidence for someone's actual beliefs!

I have no idea where she is getting the rape thing from. There were often times where they would tell guys that the girl was not interested in them and to move on. There were also times where they would tell guys to make their intentions known so that they didn't get friendzoned. Maybe she's talking about that? Maybe it's rape if you have to do any work at all to make the girl interested in you. I honestly don't know what she could be talking about.

It's Brianna Wu. Who the hell knows.

She's had a rough deal on the internet these past few years, but most things she gets up in arms about these days are quite frankly absolutely baffling to me.

decisions

How old was that show? Greg might have a different stance on those things now and be a better person.

Doesn't mean he can't criticize Colin just because he was sexist years ago. People change.

"a different stance" on mail box banging?

Wait do you really think that Greg was telling high schoolers to bang outside on top of mailboxes? Is the federal age of consent even lower or equal to every state's? How could you possible take a piece of advice like that seriously?

Mezoly

I just saw on the Facebook group Altano's saying "I had to block 120+ Kinda Funny fans" they where calling him names. Then he ended it with "Great Hill to die on".

Jerm411

I just saw on the Facebook group Altano's saying "I had to block 120+ Kinda Funny fans" they where calling him names. Then he ended it with "Great Hill to die on".

Uhn7LlR.png

Zukkoyaki

Just a bunch of upstanding young people practicing freedom of speech!

Seriously though, that's pathetic, especially being directed toward Altano who is a class act. I'd be ashamed to have people like that as my audience.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Fuck. I have no idea what's happening. Someone care to explain?

Colin tweeted something mildly sexists on Womens Day, got called out by a bunch of people, then he doubled down by attacking those that rightly called him out, people were then legitimately pissed and everything snowballed from there, KF tweeted a statement distancing themselves from him and he was dropped from KF's PAX panel, he continued to tweet like he was a victim and his alt-right fanbase went on the attack.

That's the long and short of it, but there's a lot of detail if you want to read the last 20 pages of this thread.

I always thought the whole 'best friends' thing was really cringey, now it just seems sad.

Fuck. I have no idea what's happening. Someone care to explain?
Colin made a joke some people thought was tasteless, varying degrees of head shaking, shaming, shock and disappointment ensue, not the crux of the problem

Colin called them humorless sacks of shits for getting upset at said debatable tasteless joke (when shit hits the fan)

People started to pull funding from Kinda Funny

Greg released an apology on behalf of kinda funny/Colin(?) and said Colin will not be attending PAX East.

People perceived that is Greg throwing Colin under the bus.

A wild Glenn Beck appeared

In fighting amongst the fans....For days.

That pretty much sums it up.

Jerm411

I always thought the whole 'best friends' thing was really cringey, now it just seems sad.

It's always been cringeworthy and frankly dumb but they've got a lot of people to buy into it and when Colin or someone else does something dumb they have an army of goofs ready to white knight and defend their "best friend"...hence what we see.

Wonder how much of a hit the KF Patreon would take if Colin was ousted. Hard to imagine the other guys coming back after PAX and them carrying on like normal. But a company is a company, and if you make your company look bad there are repercussions.

It's always been cringeworthy and frankly dumb but they've got a lot of people to buy into it and when Colin or someone else does something dumb they have an army of goofs ready to white knight and defend their "best friend"...hence what we see.

Which is a shame because for many of those, they go by a sort of bro code with their best friends and will always defend them no matter what. That kinda flies in the face of what the other belief which is more of a "friends don't let friends do dumb shit" school of thought.

LordofPwn

Colin made a joke some people thought was tasteless, varying degrees of head shaking, shaming, shock and disappointment ensue, not the crux of the problem

Colin called them humorless sacks of shits for getting upset at said debatable tasteless joke (when shit hits the fan)

People started to pull funding from Kinda Funny

Greg released an apology on behalf of Colin(?) and said Colin will not be attending PAX East.

People perceived that is Greg throwing Colin under the bus.

A wild Glenn Beck appeared

In fighting amongst the fans....For days.

That pretty much sums it up.

This is a good recap. the beck thing yesterday came out of fucking nowhere.

Sucks for Altano because I thought he was highlighting the absurdity to clearly demonstrate that colin's tweet was a joke and nothing more.

Some Nobody

They should make a roll-eyes emoticon.

And, here we are proceeding as I suspected. Ugh, near as I can tell Brian Altano's a decent guy so the fact that people are attacking him for no reason is gross. Again, that crowd doesn't care about free speech, just who they can yell at.

What's crazy is a look on the KF subreddit saw a bunch of people pull funding after Greg's statement was released. Apparently you can't win either way, as they consider that "throwing Colin under the bus" and too business like WRT to "protecting a brand".

So now we have rabid, colin-brand KF fans attacking Brian in addition to Greg and Tim. All the while, Colin stays silent except when to accept praise from glenn Beck. Hilary Goldstein really had it right all those years ago, Colin is an asshole. He's gonna stay silent and be counterproductive, while kinda funny as a whole takes heat. If there was anything more sniveling...

br3wnor

They should make a roll-eyes emoticon.

And, here we are proceeding as I suspected. Ugh, near as I can tell Brian Altano's a decent guy so the fact that people are attacking him for no reason is gross. Again, that crowd doesn't care about free speech, just who they can yell at.

What's crazy is a look on the KF subreddit saw a bunch of people pull funding after Greg's statement was released. Apparently you can't win either way, as they consider that "throwing Colin under the bus" and too business like WRT to "protecting a brand".

I don't know if it's 100% accurate, but according to https://graphtreon.com/creator/kindafunny they've lost about 120 subscribers in the past 3 days. Doesn't seem like a mass exodus, but I bet we won't see true numbers until a full month has gone by and people who don't want to stay subscribed drop off.

krae_man

Did Brian say something on a podcast? I checked his twitter and the only thing I saw him tweet about things was basically "LOL Greg's loud".

He's getting attacked for that?

So now we have rabid, colin-brand KF fans attacking Brian in addition to Greg and Tim. All the while, Colin stays silent except when to accept praise from glenn Beck. Hilary Goldstein really had it right all those years ago, Colin is an asshole. He's gonna stay silent and be counterproductive, while kinda funny as a whole takes heat. If there was anything more sniveling...
This is about where I am.

Even if Colin didn't feel sorry, the fact he is staying silent while his business and friends are suffering because of people fighting a war in his name is pretty damn disgusting.

His fans say Gregg and Tim are back stabbers but the longer Colin leaves it going without condemning it the more it applies to him.

RoKKeR

Have a hard time disagreeing. He fucked up, is causing a PR nightmare for the company, and is staying silent. No matter where you fall on this issue, that's just shitty.

Not sure why KF fans are calling out Greg and Tim for anything when it was clear in Greg's statement that the decision for Colin not to attend PAX was 100% his own.

Not sure why KF fans are calling out Greg and Tim for anything when it was clear in Greg's statement that the decision for Colin not to attend PAX was 100% his own.

Basically they seem to think you stand behind your friends no matter what.

Accusing Greg of throwing Colin under the bus and Tim is getting shit because he Tweeted that he didn't want the fans who were "enjoying" Colin's tweet.

Basically they seem to think you stand behind your friends no matter what.

They haven't really done anything yet to suggest they aren't standing by him though, unless I missed something. They couldn't cancel the entire PAX trip because of this.

The statement from Greg that I read didn't give me any vibes of throwing anybody under the bus.

D i Z

Colin's not going to say shit to stop the attacks on anyone. He's tapped into the alt-right, GG crowd, and he wouldn't even have a clue how to deal with this even if he were so inclined. And he isn't.
They are enacting his id. Dude takes no responsibility for anything that he creates. He will only accept that people might be affected. Could give two shits about accountability.

Top Bottom