• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked fine for me. No crashes yet. What is your disk speed setting? Some games get messed when set to fast.

I think that's the problem, I had it set to fast. Switched it back.

Slightly off topic, but what screen size are ppl playing PS1 games at?

Also, godamn FF7 is still such an amazing game. Dated? Yes, but dripping with character and charm.

Also, godamn FF7 is still such an amazing game. Dated? Yes, but dripping with character and charm.

I break the rules and do full. Haters and purists be damned.

I think Normal is the best without a doubt. It feels just right without making it too big or small. I was on a wide kick a while back until realized it was making my games look like shit.

zroid

Banned
My parents used to set their TVs to stretched fullscreen when watching non-HD content, but I eventually managed to wean them off it to superior letterboxed 4:3.

I was visiting my aunt and uncle's place over the long weekend and, predictably, their TV was also set to fullscreen. At one point, while I was alone, I took the liberty of switching it to 4:3. Hours later, when my uncle returned, I saw him fidgeting with the TV settings, obviously trying to figure out how to switch back to fullscreen. I... just stood there and watched. In agony.

Read a guide for the Persona answers of interested and eager then. It'd save you a ton of time of learning to parrot the answers.

@other person: Persona has had ports to PSP1/2. Only PSP2 one is P4G. A port of P4 on PS2 redone. It's out in October/hence asking for preorders.

P3 had a remake (that IMO while tolerable isn't like FES/definitive version so sucks) on PSP1. P2:IS was never brought over from Japan until the PSP port and there's a sequel (so two parts to the whole P2 story) called Eternal Punishment that was brought over on PSX but hasn't had a localization annoucnement yet.

P1 was brought over on PSX but translated BADLY and the PSP port was retranslated but the gameplay is POOR.

Really, just play P2 on.

I think P1 gameplay is more a matter of taste than poor. I wouldn't suggest anyone just skip it, especially those that prefer the classic SMT formula. It has first-person dungeon crawling for those that like that, interesting grid-based menu-driven battles for fans of that, and some of the most innovative auto-battle options I've seen in a game.

The only thing I would hold against it is the limited persona slots, which really discourages persona collecting. Something like a bestiary or persona-dex could've remedied this without changing the original gameplay too much.

I don't see orioto enjoying P1 though if P2 is already that aggrivating. The persona card collecting uses the same trial/error chatting system.

Takao

Banned
I be playing VT4 right now. If anyone wants a real match to grind to that crazy online trophy you know what to do. My psn is

whitehawk

Banned
When I try to launch Castlevania SOTN now I get a "This application has expired and cannot be started.".

I got it from PSN+. My PSN+ just renewed though, so do I have to re-download the game to play it?

hertog

My gf really wants to play project diva. But she only just started Japanese lessons, will there be an English release or is it playable with little knowledge of the Japanese language?

raven777

My gf really wants to play project diva. But she only just started Japanese lessons, will there be an English release or is it playable with little knowledge of the Japanese language?

Since its a rhythm game, I don't think you need much knowledge in Japanese other than how to nagivate the menus.

http://imgur.com/a/kG9A0

found this link on Miku thread, I think this should be enough to play the game, unless you want to understand the meanings of the songs.

And as for English version, there was an english built demo in E3 but US release is not confirmed. At this point I doubt they will release it in US.

hertog

Since its a rhythm game, I don't think you need much knowledge in Japanese other than how to nagivate the menus.

http://imgur.com/a/kG9A0

found this link on Miku thread, I think this should be enough to play the game, unless you want to understand the meanings of the songs.

And as for English version, there was an english built demo in E3 but US release is not confirmed. At this point I doubt they will release it in US.

Thanks a lot :)

I'm going to search for it online, it'll make an awesome present

ijed

New Little King's Story finally has a release date of Sept 27 - for Australia and Europe anyway. US might be at the same time not sure.

Excite that it's 3 weeks away!

Kazzy

Pretty much, you'll be fine just fumbling around the menus, it took me a song or two to figure out how all the notes worked in context, but I was fine for the most part.

whitehawk

Banned
Dallow and I just played a hand numbingly long tennis match... I swear we went up to 7 deuces once ...
Fun playing with you, but my god the lag is bad in Virtua Tennis 4. I have to press the X button nearly a second early when serving to try and get a max shot. It's embarrassing. Too bad because the offline gameplay is glorious.

Fun playing with you, but my god the lag is bad in Virtua Tennis 4. I have to press the X button nearly a second early when serving to try and get a max shot. It's embarrassing. Too bad because the offline gameplay is glorious.

That's a shame, I can't stand bad online lag. I keep trying to play Resistance matches but nope, always get that bug where I never move for other players and get knifed in the back repeatedly.

whitehawk

Banned
That's a shame, I can't stand bad online lag. I keep trying to play Resistance matches but nope, always get that bug where I never move for other players and get knifed in the back repeatedly.
Worse part is that we both live in Canada, so it shouldn't be this bad. It's even worse when you play someone from Japan.

I had that and a few games on my Moto RAZR. SCE actually released a bunch of cellphone games from Ratchet, God of War, Ape Escape, LocoRoco, Socom, Wild Arms, and Toro.

Thats a bunch of games, I heard about a GoW phone game before but never Socom or a Locoroco :O

Rasec

seems people here are playing treasure park but i didn't even tried the game.

My addiction to project diva is over the roof.
And having a crazy fun playing rock-paper-scissors with miku.
That girl always wins. xD
Never thought a trophy of getting 3 wins on rock-paper-scissors could be so hard. T_T

Sid

I just updated still says the same. I have changed login once . Long time ago though.! Would it help to delete and redownload the game.?
You need to play the game on the account of the country of the PS store where you downloaded it from,so i guess re-download.

Never thought a trophy of getting 3 wins on rock-paper-scissors could be so hard. T_T

It's pretty easy -- the secret is to play with any girl besides Miku :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think P1 gameplay is more a matter of taste than poor. I wouldn't suggest anyone just skip it, especially those that prefer the classic SMT formula. It has first-person dungeon crawling for those that like that, interesting grid-based menu-driven battles for fans of that, and some of the most innovative auto-battle options I've seen in a game.

The only thing I would hold against it is the limited persona slots, which really discourages persona collecting. Something like a bestiary or persona-dex could've remedied this without changing the original gameplay too much.

I don't see orioto enjoying P1 though if P2 is already that aggrivating. The persona card collecting uses the same trial/error chatting system.

P1's story is barely there, while P2 has a story that is worth all the frustration he's going through for.

As for the battle system I NEVER used the placement system, so uh...? It's not needed?

The conversation system is the same yeah, but you don't need to grind cards to fuse what you want in P2. Simply grind cards to the amount for the Persona you want and buy it. No fusing. Probably the best Persona/demon system in any SMT/Persona title yet because of it.

P1 is easily skippable, even if I were to put it on an acquired taste thing.

Where is that rock paper scissors game?

Rasec

It's pretty easy -- the secret is to play with any girl besides Miku :p
Don't tell me miku is a pro-gamer? xD
I'm gonna try with meiko. xP

Where is that rock paper scissors game?
In the diva room if you touch miku the camera will close-up on her face and you can poke her, "pet" her xD, and make her dizzy.

Keep "rubbing" her hair until she opens one eye and then you stop rubbing.
She'll be happy.

Do it again, and a third time until she says that she wants to play a game and there you go.
Then you'll figure it out how you play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom