• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

Just got yours from earlier- took four moves but I got it. Sending you one to start the climb again. Right now I'm at 3 in a row, Rank C, 14460 points.

Nice one. Vita is charging and i am off out to my cousin's wedding anniversary in a bit, so won't be around for a few hours. Will play when i get back though!

Sid

Just got mgs collection and rayman today,while mgs looks and plays good,rayman seems like it was made just for the vita.

zroid

Banned
YEEEESSS!!!!!! I AM THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!!!
Poured some extra sneaky sauce on it :D

297009d1305996578-new-doomsday-prediction-saturday-crying-baby-726264.jpg

zroid

Banned
you bastard

Grr... I should have thought about it harder. After seeing those two green coins, there was no other possible arrangement. SHITE!

Rasec

Me thinking if should get dokuro from ebay or wait for a psn release.
Also i think the little big planet release is getting close so maybe will get dokuro later.
Must think. xD

OmegaZero

What is with all the Treasure Park-based posts I keep seeing here?
Is it the best Vita game since Gravity Rush or something?

Should I get it?

KalBalboa

Banned

Should I get it?

It's free and takes good advantage of the Vita's network. Asynchronous play, you can level up, players can make their own puzzles and send/receive them, and it even uses Near pretty well.

It's a freebie- give it a whirl.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ughhhh. I played the (atrocious) Uncharted demo, and now it's sitting on my trophy list at 0%. SO ANNOYING.

lol wut. Uncharted didn't add a trophy list for me?

HOW!? I've been playing this game for more than 20h and surely it would have happened once, but nope. Also, did anyone get 100 000 in the daily mini-game?

God, I hate luck-based games, haha.

Exactly why I haven't updated to the trophy update, it's too luck based.

Anyone in here go for the trophies in Blazblue?

Not having a versus mode where I can easily park a 2nd player in the corner is making it hard to do the Ragna/Tsubaki/Hakumen/Litchi trophies.

Looking for suggestions on how to proceed, as I've been doing the shorter combos as I work through arcade mode with everyone... Getting things like the Carl/Hazama trophies were a pain, but I got them all except the 3 above. Practicing the 91 hit blood kain combo with ragna in training makes me realize I'm going to have issues trying to do that to a beginner CPU dummy. :\

Powerwing

just bought marvel table pack for zen pinball 2.
i never thought a pinball game could be so addictive !

Btw my psn id is Hasano ( also have motorstorm rc, sound shapes, and the others free app/games)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Dokuro can be had for cheap on eBay. $37 to $40 shipped.
I'm enjoying it, short bite sized levels. It's a puzzle game first and foremost with platforming.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
How long is the game? Are the trophies easy and does it pack a platinum?
Game seems long, I think 150 levels. I'm only about 20 levels in.
I like that I'm getting more abilities as I progress so it's keeping things fresh.

It does have a Platinum and the majority of the trophies seem easy and part of the natural playthrough of the game. There are some skill based ones though, we'll see how they are when I get to them.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
HOW!? I've been playing this game for more than 20h and surely it would have happened once, but nope. Also, did anyone get 100 000 in the daily mini-game?

God, I hate luck-based games, haha.

I got 6,000 the other day. That was the highest I've ever received.

Moofers

Should I be worried about my Vita?

I went to turn it on yesterday, and it didn't respond to the power button or the PS button. So, I figured the battery must have died. I thought that was kind of weird since it seems like that thing can go for days in sleep mode without a problem, but whatever. So I plugged it in and charged it for like 3 hours.

Today, I tried turning it on and nothing happened. I got real worried since I KNOW it charged for hours yesterday. I sat there and tried holding down the power button and then the PS button with no luck. After like 30 seconds of trying, all of a sudden it turned on. Then it said "updating database, do not turn the power off" and ran through that process for like 20 seconds. Now its fine and working without a hitch.

Anyone else experience this? I'm kind of worried its the early stages of a bigger problem or something, but I don't know. Thoughts?

Jamix012

I just beat MGS3 on the HD collection and now I want to play the Metal Gear Series in chronological order, the next being portable ops. Do you think we'll ever get Portable Ops or should I just jump to Peace Walker?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Imo pw it's the most futile game ever story-wise, it heavily feels like those cheap fillers in anime, and po is the only mgs i played before it!
No matter what people say i will always think that po is really far superior to pw.

Should I be worried about my Vita?

I went to turn it on yesterday, and it didn't respond to the power button or the PS button. So, I figured the battery must have died. I thought that was kind of weird since it seems like that thing can go for days in sleep mode without a problem, but whatever. So I plugged it in and charged it for like 3 hours.

Today, I tried turning it on and nothing happened. I got real worried since I KNOW it charged for hours yesterday. I sat there and tried holding down the power button and then the PS button with no luck. After like 30 seconds of trying, all of a sudden it turned on. Then it said "updating database, do not turn the power off" and ran through that process for like 20 seconds. Now its fine and working without a hitch.

Anyone else experience this? I'm kind of worried its the early stages of a bigger problem or something, but I don't know. Thoughts?

Nah its no big problem, rebuilding database happens to my ps3 from time tio time.

patsu

Vita usually rebuild the database if it detects corruption (from a prior crash ?) or if it detects that the memcard was removed while turned on. Sometimes this can happen if your Vita knocked on something hard, and jolted the card briefly out of position.

Rasec

Dokuro looks so good and original. Get it from play-asia :)

Dokuro can be had for cheap on eBay. $37 to $40 shipped.
I'm enjoying it, short bite sized levels. It's a puzzle game first and foremost with platforming.

Hmm, i though about play-asia but free shipping is over.
I can have it for 27 euros which sounds good.
I love platform game so that's why i think on adding it to my vita.
I have some miku cds and book to buy also so if the money is enough dokuro here i go! o/

Also, i must suck at treasure park. Tried the 3 card tutorial and i failed all 3.
Tried to use near to get some cards but there's 0 there.
Only person that appears in my friend leaderboard is The Grim Heaper xD

Guess it's back to project diva.

Yopis

I just beat MGS3 on the HD collection and now I want to play the Metal Gear Series in chronological order, the next being portable ops. Do you think we'll ever get Portable Ops or should I just jump to Peace Walker?

Skip PO is my vote. Never played peace walker myself.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone in here go for the trophies in Blazblue?

Not having a versus mode where I can easily park a 2nd player in the corner is making it hard to do the Ragna/Tsubaki/Hakumen/Litchi trophies.

Looking for suggestions on how to proceed, as I've been doing the shorter combos as I work through arcade mode with everyone... Getting things like the Carl/Hazama trophies were a pain, but I got them all except the 3 above. Practicing the 91 hit blood kain combo with ragna in training makes me realize I'm going to have issues trying to do that to a beginner CPU dummy. :\

I think you want to grab someone and boost it online in that case. But I think a 91 hit Blood Kain is gonna need Unlimited Tager to pull off.

I haven't gotten Extend because I'm waiting for CS3/whatever the new BB redone thingy is called. Also Unlimited Mars trophy. Fuck that shit.

I forgot to send mine, haha.

I woke up to 4 though which wasn't bad :)
then you should fix that quickly

Should I get it?
It's free and gets people together(sorta). :p

OK is there some conspiracy against people with "lunch" in their name"? Now lunchwithyuzo is gone too :(

I didn't even know lunch was banned. Meh, I didn't like him anyway.

I'm kidding, I'm going to really miss him. ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom