• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS2 took a tumble... it's fine but I'm concerned about the HD....

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
The drive that was in the PS2 at the time plays already installed games fine... I can access and play all of the games on it, but when I try to convert/install another game to it, no dice the counter stays at zero, nothing happens.... when I place my other drive in, it writes the same game just fine.

Question is, do you think that non-write drive is dying now? Should I go ahead and use WinHiip to try to transfer the data off of it to another drive?

Thanks.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Try using WinHIIP's 'Erase Drive' function, and then 'Format Drive' function.

If that doesn't help, your drive is probably physically damaged :( Try FDISK and Formatting it on the PC.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Marconelly said:
I've read that KZ works fine when you enable 'mode 3'

thanks! I tried the game yesterday and it definitely looks and feels pretty damn good. The AI seemed shoddy, but still, I think I'm gonna have some fun with it. 6.9... I don't think so.

DarienA

open_mouth_ said:
I love it when pirates get owned.

btw, does anyone know if Killzone works on the HDloader?

Please explain how I'm a pirate when I'm copying games that I already fuckin own to my own fuckin hard drive to play on my own fuckin PS2 in my own fuckin house.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
^^

Psst.

open_mouth is a pirate himself...

But you didn't hear it from me.

I want to play Contra: Shattered Soldier. It says it's not compatible, but there are many people that have gotten it to work. WinHIIP rips it fine.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
DarienA said:
Please explain how I'm a pirate when I'm copying games that I already fuckin own to my own fuckin hard drive to play on my own fuckin PS2 in my own fuckin house.

:lol take it easy, dude. I was just jokin' around. You know every time we have one of these threads someone gets on the high horse and breaks out the morality stick :)

Besides, if you read my reply carefully, you would've saw that I myself use the HDloader on occasion.

DarienA

open_mouth_ said:
:lol take it easy, dude. I was just jokin' around. You know every time we have one of these threads someone gets on the high horse and breaks out the morality stick :)

Besides, if you read my reply carefully, you would've saw that I myself use the HDloader on occasion.

I saw that but I felt like being irritable and grumpy anyway....

Update: the big HD is dead... dead...dead... but thanks to WinHiip I was able to copy all the images to another HD I have and I'm good to go... WinHiip does install alot faster... hey Buy.com has a 200GB drive for $109.98 w/free shipping... good deal?

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10338530&loc=101&sp=1

Top Bottom