• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3 controller owners, have you had the Dual Shock/Sixaxis battery die on you?

Lunarorbit

Not yet. I played mgs3 a couple months ago and my controller was fine. It's the only one I've ever had too but I've had excellent luck with hardware not breaking

Pelao

Luckily, my fat PS3 from 2009 and the two controllers I've had for 15 years are still working, at least as of last week, when I was replaying some stuff.
The batteries don't last as long as they used to, but I can still get three to five hours of game time out of each controller.

Kerotan

My PS3 died after the ps4 launched so I bought a new cheap super slim probably in like 2016. I'd only use it maybe for 1 game every 3 months on average since then and I've just the one controller.

It always lasts the full day and hasn't deteriorated.

I still have jak 3, God of war 3, GTA IV, hogs of war, ratchet 1-3 and a few PS2 classics to play so that'll be another few years worth at the rate I play it. Hopefully no issues occur!

dave_d

My Dual Shock/Sixaxis controllers seem to fully lose their charge quickly when not being used. I last played my PS3 till the last firmware update (in February) and I went to play yesterday and all 6 batteries were discharged...

After less than 6 months all 6 batteries had completely lost a charge. In normal use they usually last 20+ hours I think, but when they are not used, they appear to lose their charge quickly...
Same here. I ended up buying a new replacement battery which I think had connectivity issues. (It would work when I had the controller open but once it was closed wouldn't work.) I ended up just putting the old battery back in and just plugging the controller into my PS3 with a USB cable. (Yeah, clunky solution.)

Stratostar

I recently dug out an old ass DS3 from 2009 (came with my PS3 slim 120gb) from storage, haven't used or charged it in years. I was expecting the battery to be shot but I fully charged it and the battery life has been holding up exceedingly well.

My controllers that I have been using for eight years are fine. I bought a sealed controller from 2007 and the battery is completely dead. I bought a replacement battery, but haven't actually done the swap yet.

Top Bottom