• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3-GAF GTAV Crew -- Gaming Age Family

daviyoung

Banned
Hey guys, I just sent an invite to join GAF Street. Is that the correct crew?

edit: whoops, read the OP. Invite sent to NeoGAF The Third.

not accepted yet? Fine, i'm gonna Break you bad

0_0.jpg

torontoml

So I just played a little with a couple psn friends and it was much better than playing solo. I figure it will be easier to play with crew members if I'm psn friends as well.

So if anyone wants to add me, my psn is the same as my gaf name. I'm only level 19 currently but I just find it difficult to level up and make money going into quick join jobs.

-Deimos

So I just played a little with a couple psn friends and it was much better than playing solo. I figure it will be easier to play with crew members if I'm psn friends as well.

So if anyone wants to add me, my psn is the same as my gaf name. I'm only level 19 currently but I just find it difficult to level up and make money going into quick join jobs.

Look at the link I posted and call the contacts who offer high paying jobs. Just keep calling them until one of them offers you one. Invite your friends to play with you as well, you'll be rich in no time. Doing races are a good way of making money as well, if you're good.

Also, keep an eye on missions that your friends/crew members send you. Keep the list of jobs handy or memorize which missions pay well and join when you get a chance. I find that people tend to ignore invites from other players, even when we offer high paying jobs. I had Violent Duct when it was still $9000 and didn't get a single person out of ~20 from the crew to join.

torontoml

Look at the link I posted and call the contacts who offer high paying jobs. Just keep calling them until one of them offers you one. Invite your friends to play with you as well, you'll be rich in no time. Doing races are a good way of making money as well, if you're good.

Also, keep an eye on missions that your friends/crew members send you. Keep the list of jobs handy or memorize which missions pay well and join when you get a chance. I find that people tend to ignore invites from other players, even when we offer high paying jobs. I had Violent Duct when it was still $9000 and didn't get a single person out of ~20 from the crew to join.
Cool thanks for the advice. And I enjoy races and win most the time when people play relatively clean, and without the catch up on.

Baconmonk

If anyone is up for some games I'm jumping on now, level 12. PSN name is the same here, Baconmonk. My bluetooth headset has been a little finicky lately so I might be quiet, I'll have to order a cheap usb one maybe.

bLaiSe

Is NeoGAF the third crew strictly for GAF members? Me and my friend are in a crew (just the two of us) and we'd like to join a bigger one. Can my pal join too?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wired All Wrong was nice enough to go through the crew list and identify those who have not yet played online.

Since I am not a heartless bastard I'm going to be IM'ing those on the list to find out what their intentions are but by the end of the weekend we should have some spots open up on the Official PS3-GAF crew.

Yeah, I went through the list and found around 65 people without any playtime stats. Thanks for PMing everyone on the list Rob. Rob also promoted me in the crew and I'll be helping him with making sure we have an active crew. Not sure if I'm able to kick people from the crew, but if I am, know that I'll never just boot someone without trying to get in touch with them.

DietRob

Yeah, I went through the list and found around 65 people without any playtime stats. Thanks for PMing everyone on the list Rob. Rob also promoted me in the crew and I'll be helping him with making sure we have an active crew. Not sure if I'm able to kick people from the crew, but if I am, know that I'll never just boot someone without trying to get in touch with them.

Just finished sending all the PM's to everyone. We'll give it until the weekend is up then start making some cuts.

I swear I think I'm going for world record on PM's sent and received. Over a thousand now.

Just finished sending all the PM's to everyone. We'll give it until the weekend is up then start making some cuts.

I swear I think I'm going for world record on PM's sent and received. Over a thousand now.

Holy shit. I figured you've sent/received a lot of PM's, but not THAT many. Probably need to promote a few more people to help out.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly once we figure out the best way to keep the crew up to date. I suppose it would be helpful down the line if people could take themselves out of the crew if they sold or are done with the game. Would also be nice if crew management tools expanded along with the game, especially if Crew vs Crew stuff is a big part of the game.

dubq

I've been in the crew since around when it was set up, and still am.. yet my info is no longer in the Gdoc.. wtf? (re-adding)

oneils

Wow. Great job. Thanks for putting all of this together.

I had hosted some jobs last night and even saw some NGAF folks on. Had some fun racing super cars and sports classics. The sports classics are super tough to steer (for my level 9 character anyway).

Joseca

Banned
Is there a way that when I speak on the mic just my friends or the crew can hear me?

I'll be adding those who posted their PSN ID here, if anyone wants to add me my PSN ID is Joselpz_

Is there a way that when I speak on the mic just my friends or the crew can hear me?

I'll be adding those who posted their PSN ID here, if anyone wants to add me my PSN ID is Joselpz_

Hold down select and scroll down. There will be an option for crew + friends.

DietRob

Thank you to all that got back with me in PM.

I've cleared some space in the crew. If you want in now is the time we've got 14 openings.

The GAF sheet is still a mess but it's in the OP and if you sign up check out the 1st post for details on how to get to it.

If somebody wants to volunteer to clean the sheet to only have crew members on it that would be great.
9EYDHwH.gif

oneils

Managed to go from level 9 to 17 tonight. Once you get a decent string of jobs going, you can earn rp and money quickly.

Also finished my first survival match. That was fun, but long!

Just did the same (signed up in the Google doc from the OT, and sent invite request on the NGTT Social Club page). Is there any specific Google doc for NeoGaf The Third?

Yes, further down the OP.

By the way, if the alt crew gets full, you can kick me out to make some room. My character got deleted and I'm waiting for it to come back or for the PC version, whichever comes first. I'm not playing GTAV in the meantime.

RS4-

I don't know if it's the right way but the way I did it for a bit:

Take the first lap slow for the first 30 seconds, then race normally and swap wins. Not sure how that guy gets 7k or whatever, I've been getting 4k or so

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
that crew that are on screen is buggy, don't think it puts everyone that's online, on it.

DietRob

You need to send a request to join. You're not on the request list.

PM me when you've done this.
PM sent. Though, I thought that GAF crew was full after seeing so many people in that Google doc, so I applied to NeoGaf The Third, and that's the crew I thought I'll end up in. But, the bigger the better and more chances I'll end up in full lobbies. Love me some classic races. See ya in GTA Online GAF!

For the record I'll give crew members a pass once or twice on racing dirty and knocking me out of first or the race itself and assume it wasn't intentional but after the second time prepare to get fucked up. :)

That is all.

Hung Wei Lo

done.

Did not see Kinezo on the invite list for social club. Request an invite plz.

Alright guys and gals I'm out for the night. Enjoy playing. I might jump on later tonight if I don't pass out on a curb somewhere.

I didn't think the first crew had space, so I sent to NeoGAF the Third. In any event, I've requested to be in the Family too ;)

Top Bottom