• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3-GAF GTAV Crew -- Gaming Age Family

Alienous

We have a GAF logo fully uploaded now, without a background.

d7461076acaa6b74ab3885915e9b15d872ea9398_128.png

Ciel

Flew around in fighter jets for like an hour with Tokyostomp. Once people saw how we were able to get them, there was a point where there were 5 or so jets blasting around the air. Funnest I've had in online by far.

torontoml

Flew around in fighter jets for like an hour with Tokyostomp. Once people saw how we were able to get them, there was a point where there were 5 or so jets blasting around the air. Funnest I've had in online by far.
And where are they?

Also do other members just join stuff when the text comes in or do you guys get in big free roam groups?

Ciel

And where are they?

Also do other members just join stuff when the text comes in or do you guys get in big free roam groups?

Military base. Hangar.

I always join the big free roam groups, and hope that any NGTT members have mics.

Mr.Fresh

Anyone down to play right now? I have a mic if it matters.

Edit: I was in the wrong crew lol but I sent my request and I'm on the doc.

HenryHSH

I'm down to play. I tried joining crew games for about an hour last night and would only get matched with one person from the crew who was screwing around and killing random people in Free Roam. Tried loading a mission twice and the game froze on both occasions.

Hopefully I have better luck this time. I'm still level 3 or 4 since I lost my character so I wouldn't mind grinding... I just want to play with a group...

Mr.Fresh

I'm down to play. I tried joining crew games for about an hour last night and would only get matched with one person from the crew who was screwing around and killing random people in Free Roam. Tried loading a mission twice and the game froze on both occasions.

Hopefully I have better luck this time. I'm still level 3 or 4 since I lost my character so I wouldn't mind grinding... I just want to play with a group...

PSN Name?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Mr Fresh,

Check the OP there is a link at the end for the secondary crew. Signup there.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
If you do the mission "Meth'd Up", drive through the desert, instead of the road. Pro-tip!

i did that.

and then some assholes came out of nowhere and started gunning me down. then i had to respawn, kill them all, then finish the mission

We should have a bigger crew, we should try to convince rockstar to remove the limitation, as neogaf does indeed have some weight. Maybe only Evilore can do it though

RS4-

Sorry folks, I don't have my mic on, I"ve got a damn cold and it'd drive you guys crazy with my coughing and stuff.

-Deimos

Saw two open slots and applied to join. My name's already in the gdoc. Hopefully it's more active than NGTT :/ we only got around 30 members who actually play.

DietRob

One without a background is now uploaded.

It's up to WhatRobEats to change it to the new one.

I have a hard time distinguishing which one is which. There are like 4 that look exactly the same.

edit: Whatever you just uploaded looks like this :
NodQEAs.png

Alienous

I have a hard time distinguishing which one is which. There are like 4 that look exactly the same.

edit: Whatever you just uploaded looks like this :
NodQEAs.png

That was two days ago.

This one seems uploaded fine:
d7461076acaa6b74ab3885915e9b15d872ea9398_512.png

Which was showing in the emblem bar before. It must have been deleted. It seems to be uploaded to the servers. Anyway, it might appear as a Rockstar Logo on your screen, but it's the only Rockstar Logo uploaded to the emblem manager by myself (Msharingan). If you select it, it should still work.

DietRob

That was two days ago.

This one seems uploaded fine:
d7461076acaa6b74ab3885915e9b15d872ea9398_512.png

Which was showing in the emblem bar before. It must have been deleted. It seems to be uploaded to the servers. Anyway, it might appear as a Rockstar Logo on your screen, but it's the only Rockstar Logo uploaded to the emblem manager by myself (Msharingan). If you select it, it should still work.

Thanks for the clarification I'll go ahead and select the R* one that was uploaded by you.

edit: wait there are two with the default R* logo that were created by you. I picked the second one. Hope that's right.

DietRob

Also,

I need some help managing the crew. I need someone to go through the mess of a google doc that we have going and sort it to show who from the list is also in the crew. Color code it or something. The link is in the OP. Once we have a definitive list of who is in the crew vs who all is on the sheet we can accurately start to cull the crew of inactive members.

Whoever decides they want to do this I'll promote to Comish and then together we can figure out how we want to run this crew. Who else to promote, ect. Hopefully somebody will take me up on this we have almost 500 requests to invite and I don't want to do this on my own anymore.

Whoever sorts the list please let me know when you are done via PM, reply here, carrier pigeon, whatever.

I have a backup copy of the original crew sheet in case anything gets messed up.

-Deimos

If you open up the roster in-game, I think it shows which players actually have characters and/or have played online. That's a good start I think. Everyone who is active should also probably add that to the doc in a new colomn. Isamu has a similar column on the NGTT doc.

Anyone who doesn't have an "active" check beside their name gets booted from the crew.

DietRob

But how do that person know which players are active?

If you open up the roster in-game, I think it shows which players actually have characters and/or have played online. That's a good start I think. Everyone who is active should also probably add that to the doc in a new colomn. Isamu has a similar column on the NGTT doc.

Anyone who doesn't have an "active" check beside their name gets booted from the crew.

For now all I want is for people that are in the crew to have their cells in the spreadsheet colored in and those that aren't in the crew to not have theirs colored in. Make sense?

-Deimos

For now all I want is for people that are in the crew to have their cells in the spreadsheet colored in and those that aren't in the crew to not have theirs colored in. Make sense?

Yeah, is there some sort of "message of the day" function in-game? It would probably be easier for everyone in the crew to color code themselves instead of one person doing it for all 300 members.

DietRob

Yeah, is there some sort of "message of the day" function in-game? It would probably be easier for everyone in the crew to color code themselves instead of one person doing it for all 300 members.

No such option that I am aware of. It wasn't easy at all getting over 800 PM's to put this crew together so I don't expect it to be easy to sort out the sheet.

-Deimos

No such option that I am aware of. It wasn't easy at all getting over 800 PM's to put this crew together so I don't expect it to be easy to sort out the sheet.

Ouch, you should probably add a comment in the OP letting people know to color themselves if they're in the crew. I'd volunteer to help if I were in the crew, it would be something to do while waiting between sessions...

Thanks for the clarification I'll go ahead and select the R* one that was uploaded by you.

edit: wait there are two with the default R* logo that were created by you. I picked the second one. Hope that's right.

It's the wrong one, the one you chose has a background, please get a GAF emblem with a transparent background.

EDIT: GOT A NEW WAY TO REPLAY MISSIONS.. START EM UP BOYS. QUOTE TO SEE:.

DietRob

It's the wrong one, the one you chose has a background, please get a GAF emblem with a transparent background.

Alienous has several uploaded it's impossible for me to tell which is which. Alienous can you delete all of yours that aren't transparent. That way I can select the right one?

Alienous

I'll delete the excess emblems when I get home. Sorry about that.

It all seems good now, though. I'm expecting tons of selfies from Waypoetic for the effort.

Baconmonk

Finally really digging into GTA:O after the launch issues. If anyone is down to play my sn is Baconmonk, same as here.

Need cash like everyone else, so I've mostly been doing random jobs. I had a pretty good spree last night in free play robbing stores in a heli. Eventually a robbery gave me 5 stars instantly, and I couldn't get away without my chopper being shot to hell. Has a few rough issues but I'm really enjoying this so far.

Would love to get in GAF The Third is space opens up!

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Has anyone with a high level (I'm lvl 46) hit any jobs with a big payout? The highest I've seen is $25000 for destroying the planes on the military base. I don't remember mission name.

DietRob

Has anyone with a high level (I'm lvl 46) hit any jobs with a big payout? The highest I've seen is $25000 for destroying the planes on the military base. I don't remember mission name.

This was posted earlier in the gtao thread. I can't find an updated one past level 40:

This only goes up to like Level 40 so far. I'll spoil this for people who don't want to have any missions revealed:

Gerald
Violent Duct: 9,000 - 15
No Hay Bronca: 9,000 - 9
War and Pieces: 7,000 - 30
Trevor's Enigma: 7,000 - 7
Meth'd Up: 5,000 - 7
Death Metal: 3,000 - 6
Flood in the LS River: 2,000 - 6
Gassed Up: 2,000 - 12
Pier Pressure: 1,500
Deal Breaker: 1,000 - 6

Simeon