• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3-GAF GTAV Crew -- Gaming Age Family

I filled the wrong doc for the alt crew, I fixed it now. I'm RobertJSullivan on social club (I requested an invite when I wasn't on the right spreadsheet).

no worries, got you on there now

FOR EVERYONE ELSE

Just to reiterate, if you want in on the crew, can you please add your name to the google doc please, quote to see link, also PM if you want, not essential but down to you

I'm not trying to be overly fussy, i just don't wanna miss people out, just atm i probably am missing a few of you out, if everyone just gets on the google doc i can quickly get everyone in, as it is atm, with various pm's, social club requests, this thread and social club messages, your names are scattered all over the place and often people aren't giving me the information required, i get given psn id's or gaf names but no social club info.

I don't want to miss anybody out, just atm it probably is happening what with me having to juggle various services and also the amount of names, as with any service with a username, invariably there will differences between them.

So yeah, not trying to nag or bitch, just wanna get everyone involved who wants to be involved in an efficient manner, that is quick and easy for me and therefore quicker for you guys, as i don't need to do any chasing up.

And then maybe i can join you all finally, as currently have not gone online, i'm not representing very well as crew leader am I haha

But yeah thanks in advance all.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
^^^
You're doing great work Isamu. It really sucks that I'm not able to see stats for the social club on R* website. The interface there is quite clunky. Even though there have been a ton of rockstar server issues it would be neat to see who is playing and not.

At this rate I don't think the original plan of booting people that don't play out of the crew will even be a feasible option since it's not even something we can see. Or not something I've figured out yet anyway.

^^^
You're doing great work Isamu. It really sucks that I'm not able to see stats for the social club on R* website. The interface there is quite clunky. Even though there have been a ton of rockstar server issues it would be neat to see who is playing and not.

At this rate I don't think the original plan of booting people that don't play out of the crew will even be a feasible option since it's not even something we can see. Or not something I've figured out yet anyway.

thanks man

am up to around 90 atm, yeah i can only see 8 people who have played, but i know for a fact more have due to psn friends from the crew, guess just gotta leave it a while i see if/when social club etc, has the mess ironed out, who knows though haha

i need to start playing, just wanted finish up the stunt jumps and bridge flights before, but its been taking me too long

Betty

Banned
I joined a GAF crew session..how do I um..join a team mission? Sorry if I'm nooby. I have 0 cash I need dough.

You can either start a job then try inviting other crew members and friends, or you could wait and accept a request to join another members job.

Betty

Banned
Are all missions variations of team deathmatch? I want to do something co-op.

No, there's a multitude of different team missions. There are some where it's two teams competing to get a package and deliver it first, another where one team has to protect a vip against the other team, and many others.

But most to all regular missions are co-op, just look at the detail for the mission and if it doesn't mention anything about two teams going against each other then you can be sure it's co-op.

GGs yesterday WhatRobEats, I made about 80k with you & made around 320k with my cousins. Gerald is da man.

Let's hope I get a mission, as I think cloud servers are down or failing.

oneils

In in family crew and finally was able to get online today. Tried to "join crew members" but I was told that I have to join a crew to open this option up.

Anyone know what is going on?

HenryHSH

It never puts me in a gaf game when I click on join a crew game :\

edit: damn lost my character... Do I just wait a while for him to show up again or is he gone?

Strider

damn lost my character... Do I just wait a while for him to show up again or is he gone?

Happened to me twice now. Once he came back, once he didn't... Hopefully you'll get lucky.

So does any one have any money making tips/strategies? I've seen people buying 300k apartments, etc. but I think I only have about 30k right now. As you progress do the missions pay more?

If there's any space, i'll gladly join. The MGAF crew is not big enough in GTAV(PS3) and i barely find anyone.

I'll share the emblem I made for it too:

emblem_128.png

works amazingly well on leather jackets (my favorite being that one with gray lines)

also looks very cool on t-shirts.

Alienous

If there's any space, i'll gladly join. The MGAF crew is not big enough in GTAV(PS3) and i barely find anyone.

emblem_128.png

works amazingly well on leather jackets (my favorite being that one with gray lines)

e83f6e71e448138bdfa6fae23ebb4bd937e579c6_128.png
5e72a12c4cef1e14f8ad8f86b79618ca9906af3c_128.png
70612c9487099de907cd8274cfd272bf9e7a9b99_128.png

Probably a good opportunity for the Gaming Age Family to get democratic.

DietRob

LOL I just realized today I can change the Text regarding the crew ranks.

What do you all think? Any suggestions?

vUChW2Q.png

EDIT:

Also I see that an emblem change is in request. I tried to change the emblem saturday to this:
xczQQx1.png

But it doesn't seem like it stuck. Vote time?

That logo looks good. As long as it has a transparent background it should be good. The one we have now looks kind of silly on stuff with that big white background on the logo.

Also, Rob, what's your plan for making sure the crew has active members in it? What kind of information do you have on crew members activity? Anything? Can you promote others to help you with deleting and inviting new members? Seems like a lot of work for one person to keep up to date with.

If you don't have much information about other members, maybe have a crew purge everyone month or two and require everyone to reapply for the crew? It may be a pain in the ass, but it might be a good way to make sure there's large number of active members.

jesE

Neo Member
I managed to play a couple missions with the Crew, still trying to figure it out. Looks great at the moment.

I also resprayed my first humble vehicle to the GAF colors. Pics soon. : p

Also is a there an option to accept only crew jobs?

My PSN id is : jesE_GR add me if you want.

DietRob

That logo looks good. As long as it has a transparent background it should be good. The one we have now looks kind of silly on stuff with that big white background on the logo.

Also, Rob, what's your plan for making sure the crew has active members in it? What kind of information do you have on crew members activity? Anything? Can you promote others to help you with deleting and inviting new members? Seems like a lot of work for one person to keep up to date with.

If you don't have much information about other members, maybe have a crew purge everyone month or two and require everyone to reapply for the crew? It may be a pain in the ass, but it might be a good way to make sure there's large number of active members.

Just yesterday I found a little information on the social club regarding statistics for Crew members. I think we should wait about a week to give everyone a fair chance and not get booted because they were having tech issues and were unable to play.

I am absolutely in favor of hiring some Lieutenants and Commissioners to help me run the day to day operations and ensuring that we have active members in the crew. I also want to collaborate with Isamu Dyson (the secondary crew leader) to promote people from his crew to the official crew once we get spots.

If anyone wants a leadership position and is committed to helping run the crew hit me up in PM and we can figure out how we want to do this thing. One thing is for certain I don't want to be alone in managing this beast lol

Just yesterday I found a little information on the social club regarding statistics for Crew members. I think we should wait about a week to give everyone a fair chance and not get booted because they were having tech issues and were unable to play.

I am absolutely in favor of hiring some Lieutenants and Commissioners to help me run the day to day operations and ensuring that we have active members in the crew. I also want to collaborate with Isamu Dyson (the secondary crew leader) to promote people from his crew to the official crew once we get spots.

If anyone wants a leadership position and is committed to helping run the crew hit me up in PM and we can figure out how we want to do this thing. One thing is for certain I don't want to be alone in managing this beast lol

Good to hear you have some stats you can look at. Definitely agree to wait a few weeks for all the kinks to get worked out before booting people.

The multiplayer has pulled me in like few others have and I believe a lot of it has to do with being in an active crew so I'd like to see it stay active and I'll help you out anyway I can. I can see myself playing this for a long time to come, especially if Rockstar keeps updating the game like they say they will. I work at a computer all day so even if I take a little break from the game or life gets in the way I should be able to stay on top of things.

waypoetic

Banned

emblem_128.png

^ i fucking love that emblem!

rob, if he cant join, can we atleast steal the logo?!:'D

DietRob

^ i fucking love that emblem!

rob, if he cant join, can we atleast steal the logo?!:'D

I really like that logo too. Unfortunately I've tried changing the logo a few times and it never sticks. I'm sure it has something to do with the general fuckery that has been happening around the launch. With the social club site being a big spoke in the online wheel I guess some things just aren't working like they should, yet.

RS4-

Yeah shame about the whole socialclub/emblem thing going on...along with the usual inability to play online consistently.

Oni Jazar

I don't know why I didn't join the GAF club sooner :( I'm sure once the dust settles there should be enough inactive players to merge the clubs.

Or All on PS4 club!

I put my info in for The Third

So, why can't GAF have a massive crew like certain other sites can?

I like emblems without the backgrounds, makes them look much better.

Also, was wondering what aim setting are you all using? Curious as to how split we are. Personally using free aim for the first time in a GTA game, I got switched to assisted aim and it just felt so wrong. Hell, back at the start of GTA V at the opening it felt wrong to me despite having used it before with RDR.

I just need to speed up my free aim targeting and perhaps cut down on pistol use which I probably will now that I have the assault rifle.

Also, was wondering what aim setting are you all using? Curious as to how split we are. Personally using free aim for the first time in a GTA game, I got switched to assisted aim and it just felt so wrong. Hell, back at the start of GTA V at the opening it felt wrong to me despite having used it before with RDR.

I just need to speed up my free aim targeting and perhaps cut down on pistol use which I probably will now that I have the assault rifle.

Used Freeaim but it seems most online games force me to switch it to Autoaim :(

Did anyone have trouble getting into/playing jobs last night?

I could get into a job only if I joined from single player through matchmaking, and after that job was done I couldn't stay in the lobby. It would just freeze when trying to take us back to the lobby.

I just fucked around in free roam for like 2 hours. People were obviously getting bored and just putting bounties on each other.

Dr Prob

Banned
Good work and thanks Isamu Dyson.

Going to put all my level 3 knowledge to work and help the crew. Purchasing car insurance? All over it/prepare the leaderboards.

RotBot

Crew members should put an effort into getting mics if they can. If you have a bluetooth headset, then you already have a mic.

Top Bottom