• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3-GAF GTAV Crew -- Gaming Age Family

Strider

I don't have a headset for the PS3 (and soon PS4) but I think I should buy one, any recommendations?

Depends on how much your willing to spend...?

I don't have one myself but I know a lot of people are very pleased with the PS Pulse Elite headset and Sony have confirmed it will work with PS4 as well.

ruttyboy

Depends on how much your willing to spend...?

I don't have one myself but I know a lot of people are very pleased with the PS Pulse Elite headset and Sony have confirmed it will work with PS4 as well.

Hmm, they do look nice, but also pretty pricey, anything stand out in in the £30-60 price range? Thanks.

Strider

Hmm, they do look nice, but also pretty pricey, anything stand out in in the £30-60 price range? Thanks.

I own the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 which are $60 (so probably around £40?) and for the price they are a solid headset. I've had them for two years now and never had a problem with them. Mic and sound quality are both decent, but for $60 I wasn't expecting anything amazing. But the #1 reason I got these over any other headset is they were the most comfortable I found in this price range.

Edit: It says compatible with only Xbox 360 and PC, but I'm using them with my PS3 right now so..... yea. But there is probably one exactly like it made for the PS3 as well. I'll see if I can find it.

Kiraly

First week is going to be extremely rough, I haven't been able to play a minute of online since it went up.

ruttyboy

I own the Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 which are $60 (so probably around £40?) and for the price they are a solid headset. I've had them for two years now and never had a problem with them. Mic and sound quality are both decent, but for $60 I wasn't expecting anything amazing. But the #1 reason I got these over any other headset is they were the most comfortable I found in this price range.

Edit: It says compatible with only Xbox 360 and PC, but I'm using them with my PS3 right now so..... yea. But there is probably one exactly like it made for the PS3 as well. I'll see if I can find it.
They look pretty good, thanks, but after watching the video on Amazon describing how it connects to the 360, I'm confused how you've got chat working on the PS3?

Strider

weird, just started watching futurama again

but yeah, ok, sod it, seeing as we have had a gaf crew, and a second one, i'll go make a third one,

i'm not really a prolific gaffer, but heh wtf, for all the stranglers and what not i'll start one, i'll take the iniatitive as suggested by KilltheMx

OK, Crew is set up, is invite only to avoid lurkers etc. so yeah, just quote me saying you want in and i shall pm you.

thanks

alternatively add me on social club, http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/isamu_dyson_
Sent request under PSN: Cerbus666

Ya no

I'm not a big poster either, mostly lurk, but all are welcome to add me on PSN under dispatched, or my social club name ya_no_

Looking forward to playing this with you guys once I can actually get into a game!!!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Hey Rob, I presume you'll be lenient over the next few days in kicking inactive people from the crew?

In one of his previous posts said he would do it after a week, though if everything still isn't working I imagine it will be longer than that.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hey Rob, I presume you'll be lenient over the next few days in kicking inactive people from the crew?

Yes, of course. It's not even possible for me to look at the activity of the crew quite yet. I think we should give this a few weeks to sort itself out. We are probably looking at around the middle of Oct to make any determinations on how to move forward.

Suggestions and feedback is certainly welcome.

Mazre

weird, just started watching futurama again

but yeah, ok, sod it, seeing as we have had a gaf crew, and a second one, i'll go make a third one,

i'm not really a prolific gaffer, but heh wtf, for all the stranglers and what not i'll start one, i'll take the iniatitive as suggested by KilltheMx

OK, Crew is set up, is invite only to avoid lurkers etc. so yeah, just quote me saying you want in and i shall pm you.

thanks

alternatively add me on social club, http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/isamu_dyson_

Added my info to the google doc, looking forward to playing with some Gaffers once the servers stabilize.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
the crew logo has a gigantic white border around the actual logo part. Not sure if that's something to fix.

Had the game freeze the system while trying to create a character.

Joseca

Banned
After reading all the comments on the GTA Online thread, I think I'm going to let pass some time until everything gets at least playable. Also I don't want to lose my save file because I'm in the middle of the story. It's a good idea to wait before start kicking inactive people.

Trouble

Banned
Added myself to the doc yesterday.

Feel free to add me as a friend, I need more GAF PSN friends :)

TroubleIsMyName

the crew logo has a gigantic white border around the actual logo part. Not sure if that's something to fix.

yeah, i revamped the emblem into having just a small gradient border around the logo. if WhatRobEats wants he can swap that in :)

edit: although Social Club might be busted at the moment, shows just errors to me.

codhand

Yes, of course. It's not even possible for me to look at the activity of the crew quite yet. I think we should give this a few weeks to sort itself out. We are probably looking at around the middle of Oct to make any determinations on how to move forward.

Suggestions and feedback is certainly welcome.

thank you for doing all this.

yeah i tried roughly 15 times to play online, i'm 0-3 between this launch, sim city and diablo 3... :(

Lonestar

Tried 4 or 5 times.

I had successfully created a person, the the console froze, figured I lost him. I then tried doing the "go to menu, go straight to solo run online" and that character still existed. Got through the intro, but the same as everyone else, "failed to launch/start" once the character walks into the Blue Circle of Doom.

Strider

After a couple of tries I finally got through.

I was able to play for 45 minutes or so and do a couple of solo missions. Everything was perfect until I got to a mission that requires other players... stuck at loading screens again. *sigh*

Got to level 3 last mission i did was the gas station hold up then I deposited my money and quit. Tried to log back on five minutes later Rockstar Cloud save error message came up.

OG Loc

I've finally got the Online to work smoothly enough. I'm a member of the crew so feel free to add me.
PSN: Sweeney757

Lonestar

Liking the sounds of other PS3 GTA owners getting in. Gives me hope that it'll work for me tonight.

Now it sounds like things have fallen back to the norm: SHIT

Ran with some of the crew today in a couple of missions! Good times.

Once this stabilizes ( seems to be getting there ), it will be a ton of fun. Currently Rank 7.

One thing that did happen. I had a nice car but went into a job. The job changed my car during the mission and it switched that car to my personal car, I guess erasing my previous.

Oh well, was only 2K in tracker fees.

PSN : udontneed2know26
Social Club : PrimalFear101

Some prick was trying to grief me by hunting me down soon after a respawn. What do you do in those situations? I jumped in a car, went ahead and he followed, I handbrake 360'ed and laid into his windshield with my SMG. He died, and then I blew up his pretty nice personal vehicle lol. Don't F around.

The game sends a message " That was bad form! If you continue to blah blah ". Something or another. So yeah the game does not like you destroying other peoples personal rides. But F them, if they want to be pricks and grief you like that, expect explosions.

I have yet to see the " Join Crew Sessions " work though unfortunately. When that starts working, should be much easier to begin playing with everyone.

Mikey Jr.

I kinda have no idea what I'm doing. How do I play with you guys?

Also, seems like the servers are super fucked up still.

Yup, my character is gone from earlier. Tried to make another in slot 2 and it is just stuck at the first race, waiting for other players to join.

Augh.

0_0.jpg

_Isaac

I filled out the gdoc for the NGTT crew. Hopefully, the online will start working and some fun will be had. I've never actually played an online game straight from launch before, so I'm not quite used to these launch day troubles. Who knows when it'll actually be playable for me.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
GTA single player question: how does the vehicle saving work? If I park a vehicle in my garage and then take it out and crash it will it reappear in my garage? Saints Row works like this. But I just got a plane with Trevor and instead of driving across the map I want to fly to where I need to go and then just jump out of the plane. But I'm worried that my plane will be gone then. And if that's how it works then that is ultra dumb cause using a plane as then having to safely land and park it back in a hanger is not fun. That's Euro Truck Simulator level stuff and it doesn't belong in my GTA game.

Vargas

Sent a message to Isamu over Social club and filled out the doc, hope to see someone online because games are lonely right now.

Eusis

I kinda like that job matchmaking will invite your crew. I suspect that might get annoying from the other end though.

Finally got to play tonight. Tried to play with other gaffers but got the cold shoulder. Managed to play with people from my friend list though. Using the atm takes getting used to. While I was thinking about how to access it on my phone, some guy that left a session with me tried to talk to me, then killed me for no reason because my mic wasn't picking up my voice and I wasn't going to raise it at 1am. I then got stuck in a loading loop then had to quit out of the whole game to get back in.

HansMaulwurf

Neo Member
Lets do this!
I'm gonna play all day today.
I'm from Germany.
My PSN/Social-ID: HansMaulwurf-Jr
I already filled my name on the list.

Roulette

Apologies to whoever was on the store robbing mission with me. Holding the store up with no ammo was not my best plan of all time.

Anyway, too glitchy for me atm. Will try again on weekend.

Top Bottom