• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Haha Rors that's like me rushing for close to 200 yards and still not winning in madden. Also next time I'll use my fat PS3 to play since it's not connected via wifi, that could cut down on the lag.

League was HOF last I spoke with Zep, that's why the tourney was also HOF. It will be tough on people who can't hit no matter what :lol Though yea I guess if we have a lot of people that want to have a smaller chance at sucking at hitting we should do all-star.

I will say one thing, i still feel the fielding in the infield is worse this year than last. I think it has to do with the broadcast camera, plays I would pull off last year are ending up as base hits. Some are some of the easiest ground balls :\

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Haha Rors that's like me rushing for close to 200 yards and still not winning in madden. Also next time I'll use my fat PS3 to play since it's not connected via wifi, that could cut down on the lag.
Every time I would get something going, it would be Russell's turn to hit into a double play... just like in real life! This was the reason I switched him, but it's like I can't escape him! Damn you, anti-clutch! I'm starting Ausmus' old ass in scrims!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
HAHA .... I miss Ausmus :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If the rosters update weekly during an online league, I am ok with us starting today.

As for difficulty, I think All-Star is plenty difficult for people new to the league.

I agree hot zones should be off but the strike zone really helps me frame pitches.

DenogginizerOS said:
If the rosters update weekly during an online league, I am ok with us starting today.

This is how it was last year, however, I think they took that option out this year. Even with trades off, I think you could still sign free agents, which I'm guessing, kind of negates the whole weekly roster updates thing :/

Mrbob

Me and Rareside played a HOF game where the score was 14 to 12. We can play All Star too, but I fear the scores will swell a bit.

Strike Zones and Hot Zones should be off though.

Wow, so I guess HoF is a lock then. If we make ANY slider changes I cannot stress the fact that the Fielder Run Speed be set at 1 and raise Fielder Reaction to 10. OFs like Adam Dunn and Carlos Lee have no business running like they're doing a 4.3 40... it's like watching JaMarcus Russell run faster than Michael Vick!

EDIT: Just to say this, I have NO PROBS with HoF.

Complete Operation Sports Slider Thread

Btw regarding what happened to Zep -- On 3/6
Doytch said:
Zep's broken bottle vs Frankman's rolled-up anime book the PPV event?
The Frankman said:
I brought Godchild and Vampire Knight. He ain't gonna make it to the 2 AM rush at Pat's.
:D

LJ11

Zep and I were supposed to test sliders online but....

I'll look into sliders Frank, maybe go with All-Star and tweak it.

Right now we have 10 NL teams, FMT is moving over to the AL with the Devil Rays bringing the total in the AL to 9. Pistol needs to choose a team (BoSox/Mariners/BJs/Yanks/Rangers/DRays) are off the board. DMNCNBY will be in the AL, I'm going over as well with whatever team is left.

You better stay committed DMNCNBY, I'll hunt your ass down. Don't get banned either.

eznark

Banned
So basically Frankman has Zep tied up in his basement and is making Zep watch anime with him?

Also, can we make a decision on strike zone? I'm emphatically against. I never cared until I played without them and now that stupid fucking box is just so damn annoying when they are one.

LJ11

eznark said:
So basically Frankman has Zep tied up in his basement and is making Zep watch anime with him?

Also, can we make a decision on strike zone? I'm emphatically against. I never cared until I played without them and now that stupid fucking box is just so damn annoying when they are one.

Yeah, we're probably going to get rid of it unless enough people object.

eznark said:
... Making him? Shit, he's probably locked up at his own place watching some Angel Sanctuary and Dance In The Vampire Bund, crying and lying in a pool of his own bodily fluids. Bet you he hasn't been at work in weeks.

eznark said:
I dont care if you bold them, I'm not googling your creepy shit
:lol your he says :lol. You seem a defensive, my friend... a little too defensive. Maybe providing cover for your 2 TBs of loli shit?

Doytch

So I guess we're talking about the next league in this thread now?

Totally agree with eznark, strike zones off. And I'd prefer HOF, but I've never played All-Star so I have no real opinion on it.

LJ11

pistolpete2940 said:
Well, if I absolutely have to, I'll take the White Sox. But if it's possible, I'd like to go with an NL team.

Fine, go to the NL and pick the Phillies.

We have 20 guys, looks like a 57 game season.

Edit: I'll put up the thread tonight or tomorrow, we still need to settle a few things. Would like members to give feedback before moving forward.

rareside

Here's my 2 cents on the league. I played the hell out of MLB09, but never been in a league before.

Guess pitch must be OFF, no exceptions.

Fast play must be ON.. 9 innings takes long enough as it is.. let's try to keep a quick pace.

Difficulty needs to be at all-star or above. I prefer HoF, but will gladly back whatever is chosen by the masses.

As for the strike/hot zones, I personally don't care, will go with the majority here.

If possible, play with current/dynamic rosters so that our teams are always up-to-date. If Halladay goes to the Mariners for some reason 3 weeks into the season, SCEA will update it in the online rosters. I just hope the same goes for the online league rosters.

Sliders don't need to be adjusted, the game plays just fine the way it is. Outfielders don't run like Usain Bolt

rareside

Mrbob said:
Me and Rareside played a HOF game where the score was 14 to 12. We can play All Star too, but I fear the scores will swell a bit.

Strike Zones and Hot Zones should be off though.

The reason our game was so high scoring was because of lag, had nothing to do with difficulty. Lag was forcing both of us as pitchers to miss our locations and throw meatballs on accident. Thus, a hit parade by both teams.

All-Star or HoF are both great choices, and if I had to swing one way on the zones, I also vote hot/strike zone OFF.

rareside said:
Sliders don't need to be adjusted, the game plays just fine the way it is. Outfielders don't run like Usain Bolt
Carlos Lee should not be running like he's Andru Jones circa 1998. My point is the slower OFs still run too fast. Unless it's been addressed in MLB 10 every slider set I've seen lowers the Fielder Speed on OS.

Top Bottom