• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
The Frankman said:
I was worried you guys would get in two tourneys before I buy the game and you're not close to doing ONE yet? For the people who were in last year's GAF league, they know that outside of the delay I had in getting the game, I was one of the most reliable people in playing my games. This is insane

Blame it on the rain!
Blame-It-On-The-Rain-Brett-Ratner-To-Tackle-Milli-Vanilli-Biopic.jpg

and in this case the rain has destroyed Zep.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:
WTF, why are Blackace and I both the Ms?

:lol

Fight for the team!

rareside

All right! Who won?

Sanjuro, if you get a chance to play your game tomorrow I'll be ready to go anytime (assuming you win, but I'm going to assume it anyway, hah!)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
rareside said:
All right! Who won?

Sanjuro, if you get a chance to play your game tomorrow I'll be ready to go anytime (assuming you win, but I'm going to assume it anyway, hah!)

I won.

Why talking out the side of your neck so much anyways?

rareside

Nice one! I'll admit I didn't expect you to win, but that's mainly because you said you just got the game. Sanjuro is good, his record was something like 19-3 last I checked.

You better bring your A game if you expect to proceed to the next round.

As for me, like I said earlier... this tourney has seemed to fizzle a bit. If me looking like an ass talking trash spices things up a bit, so be it. We really need some excitement in MLBTheShow on GAF!! Bring on the rivalries!

Congrats again on the W though, how was the connection from Japan?

Matrix

Rareside, you won't get any trash talking till season play starts, that's how it's always been with our leagues, well except for the crappy NBA 2k leagues where that's all they do to make up for the fact the game blew again.

No major trash talking in past Madden league tourneys, league play is a whole different thing though.

Blackace

rareside said:
Nice one! I'll admit I didn't expect you to win, but that's mainly because you said you just got the game. Sanjuro is good, his record was something like 19-3 last I checked.

As for me, like I said earlier... this tourney has seemed to fizzle a bit. If me looking like an ass talking trash spices things up a bit, so be it. We really need some excitement in MLBTheShow on GAF!! Bring on the rivalries!

you just sound you are his gf or something.

Matrix said:
Rareside, you won't get any trash talking till season play starts, that's how it's always been with our leagues, well except for the crappy NBA 2k leagues where that's all they do to make up for the fact the game blew again.

No major trash talking in past Madden league tourneys, league play is a whole different thing though.

how dare you! (ps i asked a question in the madden thread)

rareside said:

You're right, MLB GAF has been a little bland and I'm all for the trash talk, but what you're doing is cheerleading dawg...

LJ11

I'm paring down the league, we have one too many guys. Sorry rareside, your behavior is unacceptable, you're the odd man out.

Smokey

Matrix said:

You stfu

We trash talk in 2k because we're the only league on GAF that can handle it and not be cry babies when somebody brings the noise !

Blackace

Smokey said:
You stfu

We trash talk in 2k because we're the only league on GAF that can handle it and not be cry babies when somebody brings the noise !

bringing the noise is cool.. but nobody cock rides in NBA GAF..

Matrix

LJ11 said:
I'm paring down the league, we have one too many guys. Sorry rareside, your behavior is unacceptable, you're the odd man out.

:lol

oh smokey, I have no problem with trash talking, but really over NBA 2k *sigh* Not worth it till the game gets better. It's too broken.

rareside

Blackace said:
bringing the noise is cool.. but nobody cock rides in NBA GAF..

As I said, I know Sanjuro's game. I've played him, and he's one of the very small group that's beaten me. Nobody's cock riding here.... Good luck.

He is skilled and you will be hard-pressed to move on. It's that simple.

As for the trash talking, PLEASE understand that it's all in good fun.

rareside

By the way, for the more competitive MLB Gaffers out there, I recommend playing on the GameBattles ladder. Sponsored by MLG, last summer they held a tourney for $10,000 (the top 128 ranked players on GB were seeded into a single-elim bracket). Other prizes were Sony televisions and MLB gear. Sadly I lost in the 2nd round...

I don't work for GB, but there is some damn good competition there for those of you who want a challenge.

Rorschach

rareside said:
By the way, for the more competitive MLB Gaffers out there, I recommend playing on the GameBattles ladder. Sponsored by MLG, last summer they held a tourney for $10,000 (the top 128 ranked players on GB were seeded into a single-elim bracket). Other prizes were Sony televisions and MLB gear. Sadly I lost in the 2nd round...

I don't work for GB, but there is some damn good competition there for those of you who want a challenge.
Vumpler?

Blackace

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
What the hell is all this fucking shit?! HES NOT MY BOYFRIEND!

Have you been getting mystery flowers in the mail?

That GameBattles shit is the worst run tourney ever. People were glitching and exploiting cheats and the mods didn't seem to care. I quit halfway through even though I was still in qualification because I got tired of my wins and other people no-showing being turned into losses + cheating.

god i fucking truly hate PSN. 343 mb update for the show which will take forever, then ill have to install the piece of crap which takes longer.

im on now rareside but give me a bit for this to dl

BREAKING NEWS
New York --- ESPNNEWS has learned that according to WFAN in NY MLB: The Show veteran The Frankman has reached a tenative agreement to acquire MLB 10: The Show. Reportedly negotiations were heated up a GAFfer who is a known Boston Red Sox fan, and a deal is rumored to be consummated. We are currently waiting for confirmation but if true, reports are he would have the have by as early as this Saturday March 27th. It would mark the earliest that The Frankman has purchased a MLB title, and would break his superstition about not buying it until Opening Day.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
god i fucking truly hate PSN. 343 mb update for the show which will take forever, then ill have to install the piece of crap which takes longer.

im on now rareside but give me a bit for this to dl

Why does shit take you so long to DL and install ? 343 mb updates/downloads/installs are super fast for me :\ Even on my slim.

rareside

Kuroda was a bit rusty.

By the way, anyone else notice that match results don't immediately register upon game completion? I figured it was an issue with server overload when the game first dropped, but it still sometimes takes 48hours.

bah that was an ass kicking! i can't hit normally anyways but now my pitching has gone down the crapper too!

also matrix i have no idea why it takes so long. i use wireless and some people say that is the reason but it makes no sense to me because my 360 is wireless also.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
bah that was an ass kicking! i can't hit normally anyways but now my pitching has gone down the crapper too!

also matrix i have no idea why it takes so long. i use wireless and some people say that is the reason but it makes no sense to me because my 360 is wireless also.

The PS3 wireless capabilities blow.

Was just playing the demo and it is so sweet. BTW are you guys using Broadcast or Real-Time + Replay? Pitcher View or Catcher View?

Last year I used Catching view exclusively, but I love how the Pitching view looks this year. I'd love to use a view like you're watching the game, but I still can't get used to it; it'll take awhile to see if I can do so. I'll probably practice with both on the demo until I can make a decision. Same with the RT w/ Replay, start with that and then use Broadcast to examine differences.

Matrix

Well Ive been expecting LJ or even Bob since he ran it last year to get it going since ugh Zep vanished again.

I don't see the point in waiting for Zep any longer.

LJ11

I agreed to run this shit, because A) No one trusts Zep B) I thought Zep would be around to help.

I currently have 24 who want in, I need a headcount on who wants to continue. We'll start it this weekend if everyone replies within the next day or so.

Top Bottom