• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|PS3| MLB '10 Tourney #1

Mrbob

I'm still down.

Need one more roster update hopefully so I don't have to rely on fatass Silva coming out of the bullpen. :lol :/

BigAT

I'm interested still assuming things move more smoothly than they have for the tournament. Not that any one person is at fault.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I would like to play my game at least. I am on vacation from this afternoon. So if we are still going to try and finish this...

LJ11

Rorschach said:
How long are we waiting? MrBob long or AirBrian long?

We'll get the league started by the weekend. I'll put you down for the Dodgers.

BigAT, I'll try and run it as best as I can, most of the guys are also in the Madden league, so it's a good group. Cardinals right?

Yeah, you guys can definitely go ahead and finish the tournament.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Still in for the Stros.

i'm in.... with the phillies or twins or rays.... i just want a team that can hit to compensate for my awful eye! show's you how much i care about baseball that i would take them when i'm a "dodgers fan" :lol

My agent and I are still discussing base-year compensation, but all parties are of the mindset I should have MLB 10: The Show in my hand by next Tuesday at the earliest. If you need a commish, you know me from last year's league I'm like Eddie Guardado - everyday.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am reading online that Heyward is still not on the Braves' roster. If not, I would really like to wait until he is there as I am sure others want their rosters to be close to real when we start. For the Braves, his bat could make a huge difference.

eznark

Banned
DenogginizerOS said:
I am reading online that Heyward is still not on the Braves' roster. If not, I would really like to wait until he is there as I am sure others want their rosters to be close to real when we start. For the Braves, his bat could make a huge difference.
That's because the Braves haven't made a decision yet, have they? If he ends up in Gwinett when camp breaks you have to punch yourself in the nuts for holding up the start of this thing.

Mrbob

I wouldn't mind waiting for opening day rosters before getting the league running. Only about a week and a half anyway.

Considering I don't have Knox and Aromashadu in my Madden league team, it is a bit annoying to play without key starters.. Especially with 3 years of progression they would both be beasts right now.

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
I wouldn't mind waiting for opening day rosters before getting the league running. Only about a week and a half anyway.

Considering I don't have Knox and Aromashadu in my Madden league team, it is a bit annoying to play without key starters.. Especially with 3 years of progression they would both be beasts right now.
Just like Hester

Rorschach

Mrbob said:

You dumped Knox. In fact, I picked his sorry ass up!

rareside

Just played an absolutely terrible game online. I had 4 errors (all time high for me), walked 9 batters, hit 3 batsmen (All Arod, but all on accident, I SWEAR!), and barely walked away with the W 9-8 over Yanks. Totally did not deserve that game.

Curious, what are some of your ugliest wins so far??

eznark said:
That's because the Braves haven't made a decision yet, have they? If he ends up in Gwinett when camp breaks you have to punch yourself in the nuts for holding up the start of this thing.

If I remember correctly, he has to play a major league game before he can be put on the roster. He isn't considered a member of the MLBPA until then.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
eznark said:
He hurt his shoulder last week and he is getting limited playing time. Story is right I think; The Show can't add him until he plays a regular season game.

If we can wait this long, we can wait another week and a half and get the right starting rosters. Until then. let Sony continue to try and stabilize the servers. I still want to play folks like FMT and try to play Rors again so I can test out the lag.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
He hurt his shoulder last week and he is getting limited playing time. Story is right I think; The Show can't add him until he plays a regular season game.

If we can wait this long, we can wait another week and a half and get the right starting rosters. Until then. let Sony continue to try and stabilize the servers. I still want to play folks like FMT and try to play Rors again so I can test out the lag.
We should try with one of us direct connecting. I'd be willing to bite the bullet on that.

I think part of the problem for us was that the server was experiencing difficulties at the time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I haven't played this game since my tourney game with Zep :lol

Anyone want to just play an unranked practice game for fun and lag testing?

Let me know I'm free for another hour

Matrix

Fucking Zep killed this league before it started, NEVER AGAIN!

Losing players, this will be one small ass league :(

LJ11

Matrix said:
Fucking Zep killed this league before it started, NEVER AGAIN!

Losing players, this will be one small ass league :(

We have about 20 guys that are going to be reliable. Some of the people that decided to bail were the ones I expected to bail believe it or not. It's for the best, the smaller the better when it comes to baseball because there would be too many games.

If there's an option to play with weekly roster updates, ie not lock them in, that's what we're going to do. Waiting for a guy like Heyward, means Frank loses Beltran with no way of getting him back, or maybe Reyes if he isn't back for opening day/week.

I'll be putting up a thread in the next day or so, still waiting on a couple of guys to get back to me. Most of the guys are also in the Madden league, and the others are hardcore baseball fans. If we can't get it to work with the current group, we'll never get it up and running in the future.

Matrix

Ok sounds good LJ.

Anyone down for a non ranked practice game now?

I decided I can't sleep and I need to start playing this game again to get ready for the league.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Ok sounds good LJ.

Anyone down for a non ranked practice game now?

I decided I can't sleep and I need to start playing this game again to get ready for the league.
I'll play you if you want. I'm so damn horrible online at hitting. :(

Matrix

I didn't do well in the one game I played against Zep. Stros dont have the talent any longer.

What's your PSN and Show user name again? I think I have your old PSN name still

i'll go online after you give me the info. mine are still both matrixadw

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I didn't do well in the one game I played against Zep. Stros dont have the talent any longer.

What's your PSN and Show user name again? I think I have your old PSN name still

i'll go online after you give me the info. mine are still both matrixadw
carcomar

Smokey

rareside said:
How's a league going to work when we can't even finish a simple tournament?

BTW wise move Smokey.

you were sparred. tourney took to long to finish and i lost interest.

doesn't mean i can't rent the game for a weekend and tap dat ass though.

Matrix

K sent friends request, i figure its the same for Show? going on now

oh lovely update :lol :\

Matrix

whooo 5 min update!

edit- haha same and all I did was play last year, I love the game, I guess I was more of a loser and had more time last season :lol

Matrix

Ive been done for a few mins :lol Show/PSN hates you West Coast guys.

I sent you a show friends request.

You can host....

unranked game
Difficulty - HOF
Guess Pitch - Off
Strike Zone - On/Off - Its your call here, no matter right now.
Hot/Cold Zone - Off
Presentation - Fast Play On

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Ive been done for a few mins :lol Show/PSN hates you West Coast guys.

I sent you a show friends request.

You can host....

unranked game
Difficulty - HOF
Guess Pitch - Off
Strike Zone - On/Off - Its your call here, no matter right now.
Hot/Cold Zone - Off
Presentation - Fast Play On
:/ It's still installing. I'll send you an invite...looks like 2 minutes 'till it's done.

[edit] NM it's done already...loading up!

I think some things need to be discussed: First this was last year's thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=356530

Rules/Team List: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=15243847&postcount=1

a) We used
45 games over 10 weeks
3 game series done in 5 day increments
1 series against Division opponents
1 series outside of Division
All Star Difficulty
Pitching Interface Meter
Guess Pitch off
Strike Zones on
Hot Zones on
Fast Play On
Baserunning Controls New
Draft Off
Playoff teams 8 (will have to bump down to 4 if we only have 14 total players!)
I assume this again will be All-Star unless people want HoF, but one thing I definitely want gone is the hot zone, and maybe even the strike zone if possible.
b) I strongly advise the use of a slider set for the league. People who played MLB 09 remember all the outfielders running like Usain Bolt and having cannon arms, there are many slider fixes on the Operation Sports boards to make the game more realistic.

Matrix

GG Rors, stupid lag with Show. Seems worse than last year *sigh*

Huge double plays by me to work around all your singles. Single mania!

All-star?.... ughhh Frankman I would hit way too many hr's. Though I will play All-star if thats what everyone wants now that Zep is gone.

Rorschach

GG Matrix.

After that dropped ball and the time I threw to home by accident, I gave up. :lol That was embarrassing.

Matrix said:
GG Rors, stupid lag with Show. Seems worse than last year *sigh*

Huge double plays by me to work around all your singles. Single mania!
Single king! :lol

Matrix

Rorschach said:
GG Matrix.

After that dropped ball and the time I threw to home by accident, I gave up. :lol That was embarrassing.

It's all good. I knew you did it by accident, cause of the lag I missed some easy ground ball outs. One play I had control of Lance and simply ran around in a circle and let it pass me.

Matrix said:
All-star?.... ughhh Frankman I would hit way too many hr's. Though I will play All-star if thats what everyone wants now that Zep is gone.
I thought this league was All-Star... the plan with Mrbob before the league borked last year was to do HoF the next year. I have no beef with HoF but I don't know how many people new to The Show there are, wouldn't it be tough for them?

Top Bottom