• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

RobertM

I like that trophies show percentage of how rare they are. No surprise that "I am Bad Company!" For BF:BC is 0.1%, it's impossible to get it.

inner-G

Banned
Mine is a dud.

Fans aren't running, RLoD every time.

T_T

I hope BB still has one to exchange it for tomorrow night (yeah right) T_T

Ok. Thanks. Photo or screenshot would be great. Thanks again. Waiting for 29th is tough.

PAlB4LR.jpg

Here it is

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is the UI faster than XMB?

I guess I got in before the storm hit.

No issues with the update/psn log-in/download/gameupdates/etc.

It does say "Sony Entertainment Network is currently undergoing maintenance" for all of the game tiles.

Helscream

Banned
Well now that my Samsung EVO SSD is working well after the 1.50 software update. It literally took like from the initial beep to the XMB within 7 seconds.

Feelsgoodman.gif

SRTtoZ

2K is the real deal. While it installs it only lets you play a "Quick game" but thats all good, Lebron looks good, game feels good, but man, dat macklemore

Shadownet

Banned
I just finally turned off my ps4 after 2 hours of being on.

Is anyone else ps4 feel kinda warm? When I put my hand on top of it. It kinda is. Like more so than the ps3 if it was on for 2-3 hours.

8pa7.jpg

I gotta figure out something to block the light on the DS4. I can see it all the time on my screen.

Also what the fuck is up with Killzones checkpointing? I'm check pointed up till I gotta take out the AA gun, put the console into sleep and when i load back up the game im at the start of the level.

Synless

Gold Member
Wow, so many hardware issues that I have seen in this thread alone. Sony better hope they get their shit sorted.

Launch blues ... launch blues everywhere

Hope things are not really bad and these are isolated events. The media will eat and chew Sony up in this age of instant information. Get your act together Sony!!

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Shit. Thought my system was fucked. Installed the 1tb and tried recovery mode. USB device not recognized. Try other USB drive. Works fine. Phew!!
I was worried there. Guess microcenter usbs are too cheap lol

SupaNaab

Two problems. Why is there no boot screen music? It's part of the gaming culture. Second, please provide a lightbar off option.

ev0

Anyone here really smart with TVs?

I thought I was having the faulty HDMI port issue, but it turns out the PS4 did something weird to my TV.

I have to turn off my TV for it to get any signal from the hdmi port for anything. Any port, any other console, tv, media box. This never happened until like an hour ago.

Has anyone tried an SSHD yet?

Which SSHD did you get?

Usually SSHDs don't perform that well out of the box, so I think this speed boost is most likely due to the faster HDD part of your new drive. The SSHD has a learning algorithm that writes frequently used data to the NAND flash memory. You probably want to restart your PS4 a couple of times to check if booting gets a speed-up.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B99JUBQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So far cold boot - 17 secs with automatic login from the beep
Complete shutdown - 32 secs

Standby shutdown - 20 secs
Standby boot - 20 secs

Any time with the boxed HDD?

Top Bottom