• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Someone tweeted about getting his PS4 ( in a metal Briefcase !!! )

https://twitter.com/MiguelCabrera/status/401057582594289664

fyc0SQU.jpg

9UAcGXF.png

Does anyone know about it ?

Maybe mine is coming in a metal case LOL. My Fedex order says 18 pounds and another guys says 20.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is that the real Chad Warden?

XxCGSxX

Whoa the ps4 stereo headphone feature is pretty nice! Any other shortcut to control the audio volume besides holding the ps button?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can someone confirm if you can download that free PSN game (because of the Driveclub delay)?

DUMPTRUXX

Banned
Anyone playing killzone? Im stuck on an early mission

How do I get to the AA guns, Mr Killzone dies when i touch water and I don't see a way to zipline up

Move across to the right-ish area from where you found the destroyed ship.

You can climb up back there towards the rocks. To the far right of the waterfall.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey guys. So I'm pretty sure my ps4 isn't in safe mode.. Why does the light strip on the ps4 is white right now? Instead of pulsing blue?

I thought white = safe mode
Blue is = normal mode.

YESSSSSSS. So beautiful.

Finally got to log in. So i upgraded to to SSHD and if all the numbers were true then the SSHD kicks ass. Cold boot is 10-11 seconds from the beep. From the PS logo it's about 3-4 secs. So sick. Now this is the weird thing is i had to use 1.0 with the upgraded hdd. When i logged in the system automatically downloaded and installed 1.50 before the main menu even popped up in less than 5mins. 0.o

Nevermind the white light means it's on lmao. I like the blue light better. :(
Which SSHD did you get?

SRTtoZ

I think Knack was getting way more shit then it deserved in the reviews. It's not the most complex game, but I've already beaten the first two chapters on hard and I'm still enjoying it.

I just played a round of Res0Gun though and it's just as good as it looked.

Agreed on Knack.

Played through both training missions on Need for Speed (Cops and Racers), then an "install game" status bar came out of nowhere. now the install is going extremely slow, like 3% in 10 minutes. I bought the game digitally, could this be because of PSN being overloaded?

Magnus

Wow, Resogun's awesome.

How do I prevent humans from dying?

Also, wtf is there rumble or not in the DS4? I feel nothing.

Majanew

Banned
BF4's audio is weird. Most of the dialog is being sent to my rear channels. I have a Pioneer receiver that does uncompressed audio, the PS4 set to PCM and I've switched all audio options in the game. And using HDMI.

And PS4's audio selections is a joke.

Shadownet

Banned
By the way if anyone is planning on downloading any games from PSN. Like Warframe or DCUO. I suggest... Don't do it right now.

PSN is under maintenance. You can still go into the store if you keep pressing the button. But if you try to download something, it will download. But it might kick you out mid download and stop your download ASAP. And that might brick your PS4.

Just wait till tomorrow or Whenever PSN is fully functional again to download. You can wait another couple hours to play DCUO. Lol

Ppl who git into psn, did you just leave it on the please wait screen or keep trying? I'm don't seem to be able to back out and am nervous too reset (I know, silly. Just ring over cautious)

Shadownet

Banned
Ppl who git into psn, did you just leave it on the please wait screen or keep trying? I'm don't seem to be able to back out and am nervous too reset (I know, silly. Just ring over cautious)

I kept backing out and trying.

If it doesn't work it keep kicking me to the "Error" screen. But I backed out and click sign in again.

I tried for 15 mins. And now I'm fully logged in.! Keep trying bro.

Top Bottom