• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

RobertM

Hey guys,
hope everybody is enjoying their new consoles.

I ordered one from Amazon.com to get it early before EU Launch. Could someone please tell me if the internal power supply is universal 100v/240v again like ps3?
That would be very kind.
Thx & have fun!
It is not. 120v only, but you could always use a transformer (adapter) to go down to 120 V

Gvaz

Banned
Did anyone else's come like this? Nothing upsets me more than tainted packaging.

There are some like that via shipping. They are shipped to stores in boxes of three PS4s together next to each other. I picked up one and looked at it in the warehouse and box itself was all smooshed.

Pyccko

Welp, got mine. Too bushed to actually set it all up and play right now though, ahahaha. But at least it's here! Cheers, everybody.

I think Knack was getting way more shit then it deserved in the reviews. It's not the most complex game, but I've already beaten the first two chapters on hard and I'm still enjoying it.

I just played a round of Res0Gun though and it's just as good as it looked.

RawNuts

Feels like you are in control, just like the 360 controller. With the PS3 controller I always felt that I was playing a game, especially in shooters. With the 360 controller, it was like the controller was an extension of my mind, canceling out the controller, especially in shooters.

PS4 controller is more like 360 controller. Spend over 30 hours with it already, no complains here. No start button takes some getting used to but the option button works pretty much the same way. Sticks are way better, triggers are perfect, buttons feel 'deeper'.
I loved the 360 controller and hated the DS3. I have had a DS4 for a few weeks now and played a number of games on the PS3 with it. It is a massive upgrade over the DS3.

Now... with that being said, I also have a X1 and I still prefer the sticks located in the position that Xbox has them. BUT I no longer have any issue playing with the DS4.

I really do not think the controllers will be a source of combat this generation, both did a great job.
I vastly preferred the 360 controller over DS3 but DS4 is a HUGE step up, controller preference will no longer be a factor for me when deciding on multiplats.
I posted in another thread a couple days ago, but I've been playing with the DS4 for a few days now and I can honestly say it's my favorite controller. I've been a long standing supporter of the 360 controller, but the DS4 is even better imo.

The build quality is superb, the analog sticks have more resistance and are now concave. I didn't feel my fingers slipping much at all. The triggers fit much more naturally and have a lip on them so your fingers don't slip. The whole controller has a very tactile coating on it that isn't so "plasticky," more like rubbery in a way. The controller is much heavier than the DS3. It just feels better, more substantial in your hands that isn't heavy, but has a premium feel to it.

I'm sure most gamers will embrace the DS4.
I'm pleasantly surprised, it's fantastic. Feels absolutely perfect in my hands. Love the new l2 r2 triggers. Stick placement hasn't bothered me yet and they feel great.
Wow, this all sounds great! Thanks for the replies.

Controller preference was also something that kept me away from the DS3 and I really enjoyed the 360 controller. The DS4 controller felt good from the demo station I tried but I'm glad to hear from people who have been playing with it much more extensively. Looks like the controller is no longer an issue for me finally.

theDeeDubs

So what's the deal with "ready to install"? I was only downloading AC4 for a little bit when I get a message saying it was ready to install. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier.

alfuraiji

Neo Member
Someone tweeted about getting his PS4 ( in a metal Briefcase !!! )

https://twitter.com/MiguelCabrera/status/401057582594289664

fyc0SQU.jpg

9UAcGXF.png

Does anyone know about it ?

Looks like standby mode is in, noticed it now when I went to turn off the system. I thought it wasn't going to be included right away?? Nice surprise.

flashmouth

Neo Member
I just ordered 1 aswell to the UK...19Th November delivery.

found this on the net inc links with his post

"The PS4 has support for both 110V/240V and uses a standard 2 prong input you'd find on a power supply for your laptop charger, So you'd only need to buy a cheap 2 prong to wall cord.

US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058FN6V2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006K3AD1W/ ------ I think this is wrong? shouldnt this be 2 prong to the PSU ?

Nice, where did you find that exactly, anything official? Just want to be 100% sure, although I don't exspect it to have changed.

The second one is definetely wrong, looks like one for notebook power supplies.
But I don't know what kinda plug you'll need, sry, mine goes to Germany. :)

Cheers!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FOR FUCKS SAKE I NEED A PS4 RIGHT NOW

FUCK LIVE IN EUROPE

SRTtoZ

Did my first ever twitch stream of Resogun, man I suck. But seriously, so awesome and seamless. Gonna try my hand at some NBA2k14 now.

Anyone playing killzone? Im stuck on an early mission

How do I get to the AA guns, Mr Killzone dies when i touch water and I don't see a way to zipline up

Well, I am too tired to turn it on as I have work in the morning, but just got mine! My first Sony console ever. It better work! See you all in the coming days! <3

Vizzeh

Banned
Nice, where did you find that exactly, anything official? Just want to be 100% sure, although I don't exspect it to have changed.

The second one is definetely wrong, looks like one for notebook power supplies.
But I don't know what kinda plug you'll need, sry, mine goes to Germany. :)

Cheers!

From the UK, think mine should be the 2 prong to the standard UK plug ( I think all consoles take 2 prong)

That copy and paste wasnt official, but here is one that is.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...29-in-europe-and-latin-america-220391341.html

Power
AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz

Timu

You know what i mean you butt.

Also it looks like the images themselves aren't that clear. Are those really 1080p? The fidelity seems low.
They're 1080p but compressed thanks to twitter/facebook.

It's why when I get my PS4 today I will be using my Roxio for uncompressed screens instead.

Top Bottom