• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
It keeps suspending Resogun and kicking me back to the home screen for some reason. It's really annoying.

USC-fan

Banned
So how is the noise and heat levels of the PS4?

It pushes out warm air and case doesnt feel hot.

It's has 6x drive so you can hear it installing the game but after that it's quiet. Really like that feature. it crazy how fast you can start playing the games. Knowing it playing everything off the hdd.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
To those having problems with PSN keep trying. Took me like 20 minutes to get all the way through. Unfortunately after I did get through I kept getting knocked back to XMB because SEN kept going down.

It's frustrating, but I would have been floored had this launched with no network issues.

Oh well. Broadcasted some Resogun and now I'm going to sleep.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys

What was the game that we got for free cuz of the Driveclub delay called?

Is it any good?

TheExodu5

Banned
Is it my imagination or is the disk drive quieter when the system is horizontal? Not hearing the whine anymore. Could be because of my position relative to the system too, I suppose.

DUMPTRUXX

Banned
OMFG

Just found an audio log in Killzone, it plays through the controller.

It fucking freaked me out I couldn't find where it was coming from.

Shit sounds great too.

ev0

I wonder if the PS4 is shorting through the HDMI port? Sounds like another user had grey bars appear on his screen after plugging his PS4 in.

This is what I wonder too. Especially because power cycling the TV brings the HDMI ports back to life.

Update your TV's firmware?

It's on the newest for this model (which isn't that new)

My PS3 Slim almost killed my TV the first time I plugged it in. Thought the HDMI port on the TV died but it worked a few days later? Hopefully it will work out for you.

Ouch, Yeah sounds like a similar situation here. Thanks hopefully it works eventually later!

Wow that's crazy! What brand and model of TV have you got?

The only plausible reason I can think of is a handshake issue and it's made the TV firmware have a brain fart.

I don't remember the exact number, but it's one of the older Samsung 40 inchers. Def had this thing for a handful of years.

Handshake or hdcp problem seems plausible. Or power short. Maybe I'll ask the guys at AVS forum about it heh.

Shadownet

Banned
Got home about an hour ago, damn does AC4 look good :D

Not gonna lie, I've never plugged an HDMI cable in more carefully or gently lol

Edit: my best buy had a few hundred preorders and 164 non-reserved consoles available. Apparently Walmart and GameStop nearby also had around a hundred non-reserved as well.

I say down in my chair, played the most intense music I can find on my iPhone and plugged the damn HDMI like it was mission impossible 1.

Careful as fuck!

Thank god everything is working perfectly!

Persona7

Banned
Really good. One of the best features I must say if you dont have speakers hooked up or want to play at night without making a lot of noise.

Is there a setting in the menus to have the PS4 only output to the controller? Or is it where you plug it in and it automatically switches.

Sigh, this thread.

L8hZqKT.gif

Bradach

OMFG

Just found an audio log in Killzone, it plays through the controller.

It fucking freaked me out I couldn't find where it was coming from.

Shit sounds great too.

In ZombieU one of the characters would communicate to you through walkie talkie and it came out of the controller speaker. The small speaker suited the walkie talkie sound perfectly. very immersive. Controller speakers are a great feature imo

PrinceKee

OMG All my downloads just stopped downloading and now say "Cannot Download"!!!! This is getting frustrating. My vita has even disconnected. My internet is working just fine thought... :-(

AmyS

Any way to gauge when PSN might not get slammed so much?

What I mean is, it's currently 2:47 AM Central, so what U.S. timezone has the highest population, Eastern or Pacific?

Stealth50

Has anyone discussed these one word descriptions Shuhei said about a few studios upcoming PS4 projects?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIRfRPTGBgE&feature=share&t=51m58s

Guerilla: "You know to me the word "epic" comes to my mind"
Bend Studios: "I would say "panic""
Media Molecule: "I think that will be totally "extraordinary""
Santa Monica: "Well I'm so scared to say anything"

The Last Guardian: "It looks pretty" (wouldn't comment on whether it was for PS3 or PS4)

Synless

Gold Member
Ok, what is the deal with it saying games are ready for install when they are still dl'ing? I click on them and it just says "installing application" and it never ends. Also, some of the stuff I am downloading (flower, contrast) have locks on them and says only the license holder can access them.

Turns out it was just the disk drive installing.
Ah yes, that is a bit noisy.

Top Bottom