• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Shadownet

Banned
EVERYONE! If you have a smart phone. Get the Playstation app! It's amazing.

I was able to control the menu using my phone. I think you can start and shut down the ps4 with it too.

I can't wait till they update it and bring even more features to it.

It's available in the App Store right now! And Android store.

NoTacos

Alright, so I just hooked my unit up and for some reason it did not agree with updating the firmware automatically. It didn't agree with me downloading through the update menu either so I decided to download using the link given in the psn login menu. Seems to have worked.

Just to be a little more clear about my setup, I'm using a pc monitor with a light indicator that shows whether or not video connection has dropped. So far so good, no problems.

Will update once I test PSN.

Sanke__

Well so far the system is absolutely amazing but the games kinda suck. There are some quirks with the system but it works a lot better than i thought it would at launch.

cdwjustin

Banned
can someone help me ive got my ps4 but it keeps going to the fist game in the list as if i keep pushing the guide button.. whats going on? go to game im kicked out go to store im kicked out... sift through the menus and im taken right back to ware you go when you hit the ps button...

is my controller broken? the hell?

SRTtoZ

Ohhh just let it sit aye?

Go up to notifications and check to see whats installing. I got that message when KZSF was updating, so I waited and when it was done I could play NP.

On another note: NBA2k14 is spectacular. The visuals, the gameplay, the soundtrack. All of the Knicks look like the Knicks. Thing is, they play the Knicks too, which might not be that great.

DBT85

Can't help but think a thread could be made that you can only post in once. And you just post whether your PS4 is Ok or not. The OP could be updated with ratios.

What we are seeing so far are people with problems rightly talking about it, and people with none but playing games so it'll look worse.

Mybe also have to post a pic of it working or not.

Aesthet1c

So I started downloading Battlefield 4. It downloaded a 600 MB file and a 6 GB file. When the smaller one finished I tried installing it, but it just seems to hang at the spinning circle forever. Do I need to wait for the 6 GB portion? Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
When you're in a game, how long does it take you to check out the latest trophy you got? It took like 20 seconds on the PS3.

whitehawk

Banned
fouroucni.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMLN04t-kWY
lol.

He should have went all out and re-created the original video though.

KJRage

For some reason I can't play BF4. I know there is maintenance going on, but it won't even let me play the campaign which I thought I could still do. It just keeps kicking me to the XMB when I try to start it up.

Edit: weird, now I can play it.

Its now 4am on the east coast and I'm finally okay with turning off my ps4 and going to bed. Gotta go to bachelor patty in AÇ tomorrow. This thing is awesome.

HoTHiTTeR

Sureeeeeee ps4, I'd love to download a 3GB update before I play NBA 2k14 at 1am when I should've been asleep for work 4hrs ago. Next gen making 2MB/s seem like slow internet; I remember the day I got 384kbps DSL and felt like a rock star on my block....

diggler41

What the hell? Hodgkins is the Chicago area, Cook County :(

Honestly I would just checking your tracking info. They seem to be all over the place on that page. a guy says KS but calls them and they say NM? My UPS page has everything going smoothly and in transit.

DBT85

EVERYONE! If you have a smart phone. Get the Playstation app! It's amazing.

I was able to control the menu using my phone. I think you can start and shut down the ps4 with it too.

I can't wait till they update it and bring even more features to it.

It's available in the App Store right now! And Android store.

Can you control blu-ray playback with the app?

satori

Um guys so we hooked the ps4 up, did the initial set up just fine. My bro then updated the 1.5 patch, after installing it it restarted but now it just hangs with no signal with just a white light going up and down the ps4? Been like that for 5 min now. Should he be worried?

cdwjustin

Banned
For some reason I can't play BF4. I know there is maintenance going on, but it won't even let me play the campaign which I thought I could still do. It just keeps kicking me to the XMB when I try to start it up.

im having similar problems but i cant do anything when i try to do something it keeps sending back to the home screen each time as if i ht the PS button

Um guys so we hooked the ps4 up, did the initial set up just fine. My bro then updated the 1.5 patch, after installing it it restarted but now it just hangs with no signal with just a white light going up and down the ps4? Been like that for 5 min now. Should he be worried?

Same thing happened to me. I pulled the power chord and plugged it back in. It automatically booted into safe mode and then select restart ps4
Its all better now

KiraXD

so whats everyones PS4's default name it came with?

mine was PS4-254

(254 off the line or whats this number usually mean?)

Novoitus

Banned
man oh man

got online. added my friends, started a party chat. shit works perfectly.

have played killzone and AC4 so far, both are beautiful. multitasking is seamless and the UI is so fast. I love this console

Top Bottom