• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Launch Thread [Thread being archived 1/1/14]

Update on about how long it takes to download things.

I have been downloading games non-stop for a little under six hours, and I have completely downloaded Flower, Contrast, Warframe, DCUO, Blacklight Retribution, ACIV, NFS:R, and Resogun. I have also downloaded Killzone, BF4, and Knack about halfway each (they are huge). So in a little under six hours I have pulled in about 140GB, which gives a download rate of just under 7MB/s, which is maxing out my connection. Needless to say, this absolutely crushes download speeds on the PS3, and is on par with what I get from Steam.

Thank you Sony!

Wow that is awesome.

Well done Sony.

Is it safe to boot in to Safe Mode the first time I turn the console on? I have a USB with the update on it right now and am about to leave to go grab my system. When I get back, can I just install from the USB before doing anything else? or should I boot the system up once the normal way?
Just update the normal way. Its only 300 mb and you dont have to go into safe mode or anything. Took me maybe 5 minutes to completely download and instal.

Strider

I have been downloading games non-stop for a little under six hours, and I have completely downloaded Flower, Contrast, Warframe, DCUO, Blacklight Retribution, ACIV, NFS:R, and Resogun. I have also downloaded Killzone, BF4, and Knack about halfway each (they are huge). So in a little under six hours I have pulled in about 140GB, which gives a download rate of just under 7MB/s, which is maxing out my connection. Needless to say, this absolutely crushes download speeds on the PS3, and is on par with what I get from Steam.

Thank you Sony!

Thank you for this. I've been waiting for someone to give more details and not just a vague "the game downloaded pretty quickly" etc...

It's great download speeds have gotten better for you. I'm gonna monitor my own speeds when I get the PS4 later. I'm optimistic.

Croyles

They are testing it for us! You should love them !

Yep! Best thing about this is, I can read GAF user reviews on games before I decide which ones to buy.
Very important to me for games like Fifa, which always get great reviews but user experiences vary widely, especially when they've actually put a little more time into a game than a reviewer (which isn't hard).

Raven77

Has anyone been able to get LEGO MARVEL??? I am looking everywhere around town and can't find it. Release date is today I believe.

Bacs

Neo Member
I've got a PS4 setting right in the closet and cannot touch it until Christmas. What cruel torture is this?

The audio that coming from my headphones plugged into controller is too low. If I turn the volume down half way you can barely hear anything. Need to max it out to get a decent volume.

My headphones are 32 ohm btw. A mixamp seems like the way to go here.

Thank you Sony!

Hmm gives me hope, now lets see if it manages to max my speed once it comes to the UK (about 12MB/s at least).

If it does, damn i cant wait!

Downhome

It is here...at work, so I have to wait until after 6 to even play it though...

k2lR7uU.jpg

d3QhwsK.jpg

CD9EHsh.jpg

Probably covered a million times but I'm being pulled in a million directions today -- I can have two totally separate SEN accounts, and PS+ from one will cover the other, as long as they're both on the same console, correct?

Well guys it has been a fun launch but I gotta get some sleep for work tonight. Outside of fitting in a match of Killzone between shifts I won't get a ton of time to play till Monday night.

Thoraxes

Final total for one PS4 after my discounts?

$294.84

Also, I noticed the slightly "not flush" HDMI port on mine (not lined up with the plastic properly, but it's easily avoidable.

I have two PSP's, I just can't find a halfway decent stand for them. The closest thing I have is the logitech hard case folded into stand mode, and it just doesn't show very well. :(

Oh, nice :D

Derrick01

Banned
I got really lucky today. Drove almost an hour to Target to try and exchange COD for NBA 2k and I got the very last copy they had. The place was a madhouse.

Probably covered a million times but I'm being pulled in a million directions today -- I can have two totally separate SEN accounts, and PS+ from one will cover the other, as long as they're both on the same console, correct?

That is correct, at least as far as PS3 is concerned.

Ricker

Everything is done,the upgrade 1.5 took like 2 minutes but right now,after entering the initial PSN info,like if you want your real name and all that,I am just sitting at the please wait loading screen for like 15 minutes now...if this doesnt go through I will have to re enter all the PSN stuff again,letting it turn another 5 minues and I guess I will back out and try again...

I will try and play Killzone like offline or something...

Megasoum

Banned
Sighhhhhhh... I'm trying to redeem the Music Unlimited trial on the SEN website and it keeps telling my I don't have a valid credit card number.

For some reason Sony has never accepted my CC since 2007. It's not too bad for the store since I can pay with Paypal but how the hell am I supposed to sign up for Music Unlimited?

If anyone is interested in playing some ps4 multiplayer, my PSN is LegacyBroken. I've got Killzone, BF4, Call of Doggy, AC4, Need for Speed, Knack and the PS Plus games.

Got my PS4 with a 20% discount $351.xx but BF4 at the store wouldn't scan. Size on the box says 40 gbs so a 12 hour download if I happen to get full speed. Good and bad launch for me.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've got a PS4 setting right in the closet and cannot touch it until Christmas. What cruel torture is this?

Slowly peel back the sticker, and take it out and play with it. Remember we are all 8 year old kids this week. What would 8 year old you do?

I'm on a damn beach in Mexico missing all the festivities of this launch while my PS4 is sitting in a box on my porch. Some one give me their impressions! Let me live vicariously through you!!

Petrie

Banned
Slowly peel back the sticker, and take it out and play with it. Remember we are all 8 year old kids this week. What would 8 year old you do?

8 year old me opened up all his packs of Pokemon cards in his stocking, took out the rares, and replaced them with commons, then sealed them back up with a glue stick.

Zoc

The audio that coming from my headphones plugged into controller is too low. If I turn the volume down half way you can barely hear anything. Need to max it out to get a decent volume.

My headphones are 32 ohm btw. A mixamp seems like the way to go here.

That's kind of disappointing. Does it work with DVDs and Blu Rays?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Omg, it's so beautiful. I love the ambient music on the main menu.

And wobblegate was definitely overblown, you have to press so hard on the thing to make it wobble.

Synless

Gold Member
Anyone notice that it doesn't let you know when friends log in and out like on ps3/vita? I looked and all my alerts are on, there is no option for this.

Top Bottom